Seton Hall or Northeastern.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby PRgradBYU » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:11 am

bluepenguin wrote:Retake, gun for Cooley w/ $$

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Postby empyreanrrv » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:13 am

Hi OP--

Is there some reason that you can't try to get some work experience and study for a retake other than that you don't want to disappoint your family and friends? If you've taken the LSAT twice and haven't seen much improvement, it might pay to switch up your study methods. There are some good resources on this site for that.

I don't think you will find anyone on TLS on board with your desire to add sticker Seton/Northeastern debt on top of 110k UG. This is well over 300k debt. Where do you want to practice? I think you really need to consider finding a job and retaking. Do you have any other schools that you've gotten into with some significant scholarship money?

Postby goldeneye » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:23 am

In case this is serious, I'll bite.

Neither of these schools will get you to the west coast. California schools will. And those generally require strong ties to the area. You said your family is counting on you. Well, I think they would be more proud if you were able to graduate with a job and able to support yourself.

They won't be happy if you go to these schools with the goals you have now, at their cost, and have to call them for financial assistance after graduation. They'll understand if you take some time off, retake the test, and get a lot of scholarship money to go elsewhere that is more inline with your goals.

Postby JCougar » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:46 am

Sterling Archer wrote:I went to an expensive school. My parents couldn't really help out so I took out loans. At graduation I had over 100k. I know people with more.

I don't want to retake the LSAT because I have already taken it twice, and don't think I could muster up a third attempt.

Should I try to hustle Northeastern for more scholarship money? If so, how should I ask?

My family and friends are really excited about my admittances, so I don't want to let them down and wait another year as well. They're counting on me.

Which of these two schools has a better program for health/environment law? Are there any resources I could search/study to gain more insight into those career options?

Thanks everyone who contributed. :D I really appreciate it.

I don't want to live in this world anymore.

Postby romothesavior » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:18 pm

Your posts are so naive and silly that they lead me to think you aren't real, but your IP checks out so I'm going to assume you are.

Don't go to either of these schools, they are festering shitholes and will not get you a decent job, especially on the west coast. End of story. Retake or don't go.

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Feb 11, 2013 10:30 pm

Sterling Archer wrote:
paratactical wrote:What do you think health/environmental law are in terms of the jobs that you would like to have?

a)Fighting for the rights of the insured/uninsured against insurance companies. Think Obama's mom when she was denied care by insurance companies even though she had insurance. I want to make sure those companies pay. We earned care by paying insurance. Greedy insurance companies.

b)making sure corporations don't ignore regulations and hurt mother earth. also making sure regulations with respect to national parks/forests get followed

i'm not entirely dead set though

The first practice area doesn't exist. The second is extremely competitive (like need to go to a T14 and accumulate work experience). Either way, the schools you got into aren't going to qualify you for those jobs. You need 1) a near-full ride, 2) to adjust your career expectations downward.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”