Seton Hall or Northeastern.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Sterling Archer
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby Sterling Archer » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:27 pm

I have 110k in undergraduate debt. BS in Environmental Studies.

I have been admitted to both. I received a 5,000 per year scholarship to Seton with no stipulations. :mrgreen:

I'm looking to practice health or environmental law.

Originally from South, would like to practice on west coast.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your input on this decision I have to make.

Aqualibrium
Posts: 2011
Joined: Tue Feb 24, 2009 5:57 am

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby Aqualibrium » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:35 pm

Neither (knee-ther) or neither (kny-ther)?

User avatar
BlaqBella
Posts: 869
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:41 am

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby BlaqBella » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:39 pm

Sterling Archer wrote:I have 110k in undergraduate debt. BS in Environmental Studies.



:shock: :shock: :shock:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby stillwater » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:43 pm

Sterling Archer wrote:I have 110k in undergraduate debt. BS in Environmental Studies.

I have been admitted to both. I received a 5,000 per year scholarship to Seton with no stipulations. :mrgreen:

I'm looking to practice health or environmental law.

Originally from South, would like to practice on west coast.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your input on this decision I have to make.


TROLLOLOLOLOLOL

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby paratactical » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:47 pm

Sterling Archer wrote:I have 110k in undergraduate debt. BS in Environmental Studies.

I have been admitted to both. I received a 5,000 per year scholarship to Seton with no stipulations. :mrgreen:

I'm looking to practice health or environmental law.

Originally from South, would like to practice on west coast.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your input on this decision I have to make.

Your best choice would be to not attend law school for at least another year so that you can retake the LSAT and attend schools with reasonable employment prospects. You should also do more research about the law that you would like to practice.

PRgradBYU
Posts: 1419
Joined: Thu Jan 10, 2013 8:04 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby PRgradBYU » Fri Feb 08, 2013 8:56 pm

paratactical wrote:
Sterling Archer wrote:I have 110k in undergraduate debt. BS in Environmental Studies.

I have been admitted to both. I received a 5,000 per year scholarship to Seton with no stipulations. :mrgreen:

I'm looking to practice health or environmental law.

Originally from South, would like to practice on west coast.

Thanks everyone I appreciate your input on this decision I have to make.

Your best choice would be to not attend law school for at least another year so that you can retake the LSAT and attend schools with reasonable employment prospects. You should also do more research about the law that you would like to practice.


Yep. You're definitely going to want to retake. Either that or don't go to law school... with your current admissions offers, it wouldn't make sense (unless maybe you had a full-ride scholly--even then I wouldn't go to those schools).

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby JCougar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:02 pm

I don't believe this is real.

09042014
Posts: 18282
Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 10:47 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby 09042014 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 pm

I didn't know the boarding school from D3: The Mighty Ducks had a law school.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby JCougar » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:03 pm

Maybe this is just some big juicy bait to lure areyouinsane out of the woodwork.

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby nebula666 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:09 pm

take that scholly. yolo.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:14 pm

With your current undergrad debt, you shouldn't go anywhere except for free + COL stipend. But even if you do that, recognize that neither of these schools give you a decent shot at becoming a lawyer (or any kind).

Circlewave
Posts: 114
Joined: Sat Dec 08, 2012 6:14 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby Circlewave » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:36 pm

JCougar wrote:Maybe this is just some big juicy bait to lure areyouinsane out of the woodwork.

User avatar
BarcaCrossesTheAlps
Posts: 408
Joined: Wed May 11, 2011 11:43 am

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby BarcaCrossesTheAlps » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:44 pm

How do you have 110K in UG debt? That sounds almost impossible, like you went out of your way to accumulate that amount...

As others said, though, do not go to law school now. Get a job of some measurable respect and pay down some debt. Then take your experience and apply to law school with a new LSAT in a few years.

If this is a troll, F-you for wasting my time.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby goldeneye » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:46 pm

Lol at Seton Hall or Northeastern to get to the west coast. The only school that gives you a better chance of getting to the west coast is Barry, in Florida.

nebula666
Posts: 780
Joined: Sat Aug 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby nebula666 » Fri Feb 08, 2013 10:50 pm

goldeneye wrote:Lol at Seton Hall or Northeastern to get to the west coast. The only school that gives you a better chance of getting to the west coast is Barry, in Florida.


Barry won't get you a job on the west coast of Florida let alone California

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby cinephile » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:05 pm

BarcaCrossesTheAlps wrote:How do you have 110K in UG debt? That sounds almost impossible, like you went out of your way to accumulate that amount...


True story: I know a girl at my law school who has $200k in UG debt. She went to an expensive private school with no scholarship, and no parental help. But at least she had the good sense to go to a law school that gave her a full ride.

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby goldeneye » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:25 pm

nebula666 wrote:
goldeneye wrote:Lol at Seton Hall or Northeastern to get to the west coast. The only school that gives you a better chance of getting to the west coast is Barry, in Florida.


Barry won't get you a job on the west coast of Florida let alone California


facepalm.jpg

User avatar
bluepenguin
Posts: 285
Joined: Thu Feb 23, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby bluepenguin » Fri Feb 08, 2013 11:42 pm

Retake, gun for Cooley w/ $$

Sterling Archer
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby Sterling Archer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:29 am

I went to an expensive school. My parents couldn't really help out so I took out loans. At graduation I had over 100k. I know people with more.

I don't want to retake the LSAT because I have already taken it twice, and don't think I could muster up a third attempt.

Should I try to hustle Northeastern for more scholarship money? If so, how should I ask?

My family and friends are really excited about my admittances, so I don't want to let them down and wait another year as well. They're counting on me.

Which of these two schools has a better program for health/environment law? Are there any resources I could search/study to gain more insight into those career options?

Thanks everyone who contributed. :D I really appreciate it.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby cinephile » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:31 am

I guess if you plan on defaulting, it doesn't matter how much debt you take on.

User avatar
paratactical
Posts: 5961
Joined: Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:06 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby paratactical » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:35 am

What do you think health/environmental law are in terms of the jobs that you would like to have?

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:39 am

I don't believe this person is real. 2 posts.

Sterling Archer
Posts: 3
Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:43 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby Sterling Archer » Sat Feb 09, 2013 12:56 am

paratactical wrote:What do you think health/environmental law are in terms of the jobs that you would like to have?

a)Fighting for the rights of the insured/uninsured against insurance companies. Think Obama's mom when she was denied care by insurance companies even though she had insurance. I want to make sure those companies pay. We earned care by paying insurance. Greedy insurance companies.

b)making sure corporations don't ignore regulations and hurt mother earth. also making sure regulations with respect to national parks/forests get followed

i'm not entirely dead set though

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby stillwater » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:04 am

Sterling Archer wrote:
paratactical wrote:What do you think health/environmental law are in terms of the jobs that you would like to have?

a)Fighting for the rights of the insured/uninsured against insurance companies. Think Obama's mom when she was denied care by insurance companies even though she had insurance. I want to make sure those companies pay. We earned care by paying insurance. Greedy insurance companies.

b)making sure corporations don't ignore regulations and hurt mother earth. also making sure regulations with respect to national parks/forests get followed

i'm not entirely dead set though


Give yourself over to the Machine. Fight for Big Tobacco.

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Seton Hall or Northeastern.

Postby elterrible78 » Sat Feb 09, 2013 1:07 am

Take a look at both schools' specialty rankings for environmental/healthcare law, and pick which one is best, but only if that school gives you at least $6k per year.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: TheSpanishMain and 7 guests