WM v. W&L v. UMD v. GMason Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cls08f

New

WM v. W&L v. UMD v. GMason

Post by cls08f » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:15 pm

I've been accepted to the following:
-William & Mary
-Washington & Lee, with scholarship
-University of Maryland, with scholarship
-George Mason

Please post with any information you have pertaining to these schools, i.e. why you chose one over the other(s), your likes/dislikes about the schools listed, etc. I think W&L is currently my top choice, but I'm not sure how I feel about the 3L practical program vs. a more traditional third year, and I have yet to receive scholarship letters from the other schools.

I'm grateful for your knowledge and opinions!

badnewsbears

New

Re: WM v. W&L v. UMD v. GMason

Post by badnewsbears » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

My only input, is that I was accepted at UMD and GMason, and chose Mason. In-state, free housing, and better employment numbers made that choice clear. I don't know how much people care about programs, but I do, and I am really into the regulatory law track at Mason as well. Congrats on WM and W&L though.

nebula666

Silver

Post by nebula666 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 3:19 pm

please use the search function. there are probably 50 threads about this exact topic floating around.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:36 pm

badnewsbears wrote:My only input, is that I was accepted at UMD and GMason, and chose Mason. In-state, free housing, and better employment numbers made that choice clear. I don't know how much people care about programs, but I do, and I am really into the regulatory law track at Mason as well. Congrats on WM and W&L though.
Specialty programs are flame. Tracks are bigger flame. Especially regulatory law which is mostly biglaw and fedgov. Save your money.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”