Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Jpreece59

New
Posts: 73
Joined: Mon Jan 07, 2013 9:26 pm

Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Jpreece59 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:58 pm

I've heard about some schools having cut throat students while others have more of a laid back culture. Which ones are the most intense/competitive/stress-inducing?

User avatar
stillwater

Gold
Posts: 3806
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby stillwater » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:00 pm

Jpreece59 wrote:I've heard about some schools having cut throat students while others have more of a laid back culture. Which ones are the most intense/competitive/stress-inducing?


i hear they pump THC through the air ducts at Berk, giving it a laidback vibe.

Njdeh

New
Posts: 34
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2010 10:06 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Njdeh » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:06 pm

I've read Chicago

User avatar
Lacepiece23

Silver
Posts: 1025
Joined: Thu Oct 27, 2011 1:10 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Lacepiece23 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:25 pm

Cornell can be pretty tough because of the 4 doctrinal classes + graded legal writing course. So we generally study more here than at other t14's because there is more work to be done. As far as the student body goes though, most my classmates are pretty chill.

User avatar
dingbat

Gold
Posts: 4975
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby dingbat » Mon Jan 21, 2013 9:57 pm

Lacepiece23 wrote:Cornell can be pretty tough because of the 4 doctrinal classes + graded legal writing course. So we generally study more here than at other t14's because there is more work to be done. As far as the student body goes though, most my classmates are pretty chill.

I just thought you studied more because there was nothing else to do?

bdubs

Gold
Posts: 3727
Joined: Sat Feb 06, 2010 2:23 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby bdubs » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:01 pm

This will vary by year and probably by section. I think there are some generalizations that can be made, but there isn't anyone who can give you a direct comparison because you can really only do 1L year at one school (if you have to do it twice that means something went seriously wrong and your opinions are probably not that helpful). I can say that the answer is not Northwestern, people here are generally pretty chill.

User avatar
Elston Gunn

Gold
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Elston Gunn » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:05 pm

This is a dumb thread.

Also, no one has gone through 1L at two different schools. How would anyone answer this? And if they did, would it actually change your mind about anything? (It shouldn't.)

clone22

Bronze
Posts: 354
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:38 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby clone22 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:10 pm

dingbat wrote:
Lacepiece23 wrote:Cornell can be pretty tough because of the 4 doctrinal classes + graded legal writing course. So we generally study more here than at other t14's because there is more work to be done. As far as the student body goes though, most my classmates are pretty chill.

I just thought you studied more because there was nothing else to do?

negatory. work is the biggest time constraint. there are a lot of good bars and beers to be had. also undergrads.

User avatar
IAFG

Platinum
Posts: 6641
Joined: Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:26 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby IAFG » Mon Jan 21, 2013 10:12 pm

Njdeh wrote:I've read Chicago

LOL nice try, UChi admissions dean

User avatar
Tiago Splitter

Diamond
Posts: 17152
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Jan 21, 2013 11:10 pm

Elston Gunn wrote:This is a dumb thread.

Also, no one has gone through 1L at two different schools. How would anyone answer this? And if they did, would it actually change your mind about anything? (It shouldn't.)


(trying to hide the fact that it's obviously Yale)

User avatar
Elston Gunn

Gold
Posts: 3443
Joined: Mon Jul 18, 2011 4:09 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby Elston Gunn » Tue Jan 22, 2013 1:01 am

Tiago Splitter wrote:
Elston Gunn wrote:This is a dumb thread.

Also, no one has gone through 1L at two different schools. How would anyone answer this? And if they did, would it actually change your mind about anything? (It shouldn't.)


(trying to hide the fact that it's obviously Yale)


If they found out, the competition would drive admits away in DROVES.

nba101790

Bronze
Posts: 475
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2013 5:05 pm

Re: Which top-14 law school is the most competitive.?

Postby nba101790 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:53 am

Njdeh wrote:I've read Chicago


Having taken a class at Chicago, I can say with a decent bit of certainty that it's not at all a hyper-competitive atmosphere.



Return to “Choosing a Law School�

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: jbagelboy, RoastedSlug and 15 guests