Boston Legal market question

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
senzi3

Boston Legal market question

Postby senzi3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:16 pm

Hello TLS, I am currently a sophomore at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy(The Harvard of the United States Maritime Academies) studying Emergency Management and Homeland Security, and my current UG GPA is 3.066 (i have time to bring that up).

so my question is Which Law school should I attend if i want to work in a Law firm in Boston, MA i.e. BU BC Suffolk?

The areas of law i am interested in are Intellectual Property, Admiralty/Maritime Law, and National Security law

Thanks in advance TLS
Last edited by senzi3 on Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 3 times in total.

suralin
better than you

Re: Boston Legal market question

Postby suralin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:28 pm

senzi3 wrote:Hello TLS, I am currently a sophomore at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy(The Harvard of the United States Maritime Academies) studying Emergency Management and Homeland Security, and my current UG GPA is 3.066 (i have time to bring that up).

so my question is Which Law school should I attend if i want to work in a Law firm in Boston, MA?

The areas of law i am interested in are Intellectual Property, Admiralty/Maritime Law, and National Security Law

and would it make any difference that one of my teachers is a senior partner at a law firm

Thanks in advance TLS

What the fuck is Emergency Management and Homeland Security??

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:29 pm

senzi3 wrote:Hello TLS, I am currently a sophomore at the Massachusetts Maritime Academy(The Harvard of the United States Maritime Academies) studying Emergency Management and Homeland Security, and my current UG GPA is 3.066 (i have time to bring that up).

so my question is Which Law school should I attend if i want to work in a Law firm in Boston, MA?

The areas of law i am interested in are Intellectual Property, Admiralty/Maritime Law, and National Security Law

and would it make any difference that one of my teachers is a senior partner at a law firm

Thanks in advance TLS

Answers: the one with the best employment prospects anywhere, and no.

senzi3

Postby senzi3 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 9:35 pm

My EMHS degree is basically training me to work for FEMA

and thank you for you response

and which law school is better BC, BU

and whats is wrong with Suffolk Law

cinephile

Postby cinephile » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:12 pm

Harvard.

skri65

Postby skri65 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:18 pm

The correct answer is a top 14 school in the northeast, or BU/BC on a scholarship. Suffolk and other Boston schools generally aren't good bets unless on full scholarship because the legal market sucks and it is exceedingly difficult to get good jobs from these school.

Go to lstscorereports.com and go to Massachusetts. You owe it yourself to see these statistics.

dingbat

Postby dingbat » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:22 pm

skri65 wrote:The correct answer is a top 14 school in the northeast, or BU/BC on a scholarship.
The correct answer is: H -> Y -> the rest of the T14 (kind of) -> BU/BC

Return to “Choosing a Law School”