Is this normal?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Sweetlady75

Is this normal?

Postby Sweetlady75 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:22 am

I am in the process of applying to school for the Fall 2013 cycle. I have been receiving fee waivers and invitations from schools that I'm more than sure will not accept me. Is this normal? Has anyone applied to these school even though you know you won't be accepted?

curious66

Re: Is this normal?

Postby curious66 » Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:26 am

Sweetlady75 wrote:I am in the process of applying to school for the Fall 2013 cycle. I have been receiving fee waivers and invitations from schools that I'm more than sure will not accept me. Is this normal? Has anyone applied to these school even though you know you won't be accepted?

yes it is apparently normal. Often schools do this to boost their total # of applications, which in turn helps with their rankings. That said, many on these forums have been accepted to schools from which they did receive fee waivers.

UnamSanctam

Postby UnamSanctam » Mon Jan 14, 2013 2:23 pm

curious66 wrote:
Sweetlady75 wrote:I am in the process of applying to school for the Fall 2013 cycle. I have been receiving fee waivers and invitations from schools that I'm more than sure will not accept me. Is this normal? Has anyone applied to these school even though you know you won't be accepted?

yes it is apparently normal. Often schools do this to boost their total # of applications, which in turn helps with their rankings. That said, many on these forums have been accepted to schools from which they did receive fee waivers.

And sometimes accepted to schools which have denied them fee waivers, too.

But if they're way out of your range, it's completely up to you whether you want to waste time writing extra essays and things like that. I wouldn't, but it's your cycle and if you have the free time you might as well.

Sweetlady75

Postby Sweetlady75 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 2:40 pm

Thank you for your replys. I think I will apply to them anyway at some off chance that I will be accepted.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”