Pitt?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
JayJones78

Re: Pitt?

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:31 am

BigZuck wrote:How do you not have ties? You didn't graduate from high school in the United States?

Also you definitely have ties to Washington, you might want to consider your non-Washington stance if you want to be a lawyer. Or wait and retake and go to a T14.

I have no interest in staying on Washington state. We'll see how the cycle ends and then I'll decide on what is best to do... For now I'm riding it till the end

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 11:38 am

BigZuck wrote:How do you not have ties? You didn't graduate from high school in the United States?

Where did you graduate? You have ties there I'm sure.

Also given the constraints you have put on all this (unwillingness to retake, unwillingness to move somewhere to establish ties) you might have to weigh your desire to be a lawyer against your desire to stay in Washington. If you want to be employed as a lawyer you might have to bite the bullet and stay. If your desire to leave outweighs your desire to be a lawyer you might need to choose a different career.

It's America and boomer values and land of opportunity and self made men and all those goodies but sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices and choices and things don't always work out 100% they way we wanted or envisioned.

All of this is to say: retake.

JayJones78

Postby JayJones78 » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:01 pm

BigZuck wrote:

Where did you graduate? You have ties there I'm sure.

Also given the constraints you have put on all this (unwillingness to retake, unwillingness to move somewhere to establish ties) you might have to weigh your desire to be a lawyer against your desire to stay in Washington. If you want to be employed as a lawyer you might have to bite the bullet and stay. If your desire to leave outweighs your desire to be a lawyer you might need to choose a different career.

It's America and boomer values and land of opportunity and self made men and all those goodies but sometimes in life you have to make sacrifices and choices and things don't always work out 100% they way we wanted or envisioned.

All of this is to say: retake.

Thank you for this. At this point, as I said to 62852 other people on TLS for the past few months I am not going to retake. I value the advice I get here but in general every person's situation is different and I'm simply not looking to retake at this point. It's not going to change from another retake comment. I looked at all my options and what is can or cannot do with what I have right now. I used my 3 retakes and I cannot retake again until dec '13. My decision is to ride the cycle and make choices when it ends. Again, I think people here give incredible advice that has helped me so much in the last few months but more and more "retake" responses are not going make me see the situation differently. I am not a typical applicant. At 31 (32 in a few months) I am not going to take another year out of my life with no steady job to try and battle an exam I am not sure i can beat. It is what it is. For now, that's what I think is best for me. Who knows, I may think differently as the cycle progresses although to be honest I don't see a dec13 retake in my future. It's just not the path for me and I am old enough and have enough information to know what it means.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Fri Jan 18, 2013 12:08 pm

I'll try for the 3rd and last time:

Where did you go to high school bro? You should have ties there.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”