Every aspiring lawyer should read this.

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sadsituationJD

Re: Every aspiring lawyer should read this.

Postby sadsituationJD » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:08 pm

Everything sucks, everyone sucks, no one will ever get a job, you're all working at starbucks, you'll all never pay off your loans, you all will never work in any legal profession, you will all sit around spamming craigslist, you will all hate your life, you will all regret your "education", there are no jobs, there are no jobs, there are no jobs,

Wrong. There are plenty of "jobs." Only problem is, most of them do not offer a paycheck:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... rooge.html

Last time I checked, there weren't too many unpaid MD's or plumbers or auto mechanics or CPA's. With the now-endemic lowering of even token admissions standards to fill seats in the Cooleys, Car'Bozos, and other TTToilets of the legal ghetto, it's not hard to see law becoming an even bigger joke in the future than it currently is! Legalzoom will hog even more work when the average Joe realizes that Down-syndrome patients have higher IQ's than the average shitlawyer.

BarbellDreams

Postby BarbellDreams » Mon Dec 24, 2012 4:15 pm

sadsituationJD wrote:
Everything sucks, everyone sucks, no one will ever get a job, you're all working at starbucks, you'll all never pay off your loans, you all will never work in any legal profession, you will all sit around spamming craigslist, you will all hate your life, you will all regret your "education", there are no jobs, there are no jobs, there are no jobs,

Wrong. There are plenty of "jobs." Only problem is, most of them do not offer a paycheck:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... rooge.html

Last time I checked, there weren't too many unpaid MD's or plumbers or auto mechanics or CPA's. With the now-endemic lowering of even token admissions standards to fill seats in the Cooleys, Car'Bozos, and other TTToilets of the legal ghetto, it's not hard to see law becoming an even bigger joke in the future than it currently is! Legalzoom will hog even more work when the average Joe realizes that Down-syndrome patients have higher IQ's than the average shitlawyer.

I rest my case.

nick417

Postby nick417 » Mon Jan 07, 2013 11:45 am

sadsituationJD wrote:On this note, have the mods/owners of the site ever considered limiting the website to strictly Top 14 discussions(i.e, truly "top" law schools) discussions? It's kinda hilarious to click a site called "top-law-schools" and see kids doing the Drexel v. Temple comparison or Brooklyn v. 'Bozo or other laughable TTTToilets that really don't even qualify as legitimate educational institutions. Anyone today considering anything outside the T-14 really isn't worth having a discussion with anyway. Yet the site is contaminated with fools proclaiming "in at GW!" and "Rutgers-Newark Class of 2015" and other nonsense. For most non Top 14s. the chance of Biglaw is laughably slim, and we all know and acknowledge that absent scoring Biglaw the entire lawschool process was a comical and utter waste of time.

Campos has a nice piece here about "trap schools" like Fordham which have some lay prestige and masquerade as 'real' schools, when in effect they are slightly tarted-up TTTToilets:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... hools.html

You know what, this is the same nonsense I hear people say about undergraduate universities. People like you who make up nonsense and trash solid universities for whatever reason just don't make sense to me. I live and work in the legal community of Philadelphia. Widener, usually ranked at the bottom of any law school list, has lots of successful lawyers working in the Philadelphia area. In fact, our firm hired a Widener grad right out of law school to handle lawsuits AND we use a Widener grad to handle lawsuits in District of New Jersey. So please, don't start calling schools like Drexel a "toilet school". In the future, keep your ignorance to yourself.

suralin
better than you

Postby suralin » Mon Jan 07, 2013 12:03 pm

nick417 wrote:
sadsituationJD wrote:On this note, have the mods/owners of the site ever considered limiting the website to strictly Top 14 discussions(i.e, truly "top" law schools) discussions? It's kinda hilarious to click a site called "top-law-schools" and see kids doing the Drexel v. Temple comparison or Brooklyn v. 'Bozo or other laughable TTTToilets that really don't even qualify as legitimate educational institutions. Anyone today considering anything outside the T-14 really isn't worth having a discussion with anyway. Yet the site is contaminated with fools proclaiming "in at GW!" and "Rutgers-Newark Class of 2015" and other nonsense. For most non Top 14s. the chance of Biglaw is laughably slim, and we all know and acknowledge that absent scoring Biglaw the entire lawschool process was a comical and utter waste of time.

Campos has a nice piece here about "trap schools" like Fordham which have some lay prestige and masquerade as 'real' schools, when in effect they are slightly tarted-up TTTToilets:

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... hools.html

You know what, this is the same nonsense I hear people say about undergraduate universities. People like you who make up nonsense and trash solid universities for whatever reason just don't make sense to me. I live and work in the legal community of Philadelphia. Widener, usually ranked at the bottom of any law school list, has lots of successful lawyers working in the Philadelphia area. In fact, our firm hired a Widener grad right out of law school to handle lawsuits AND we use a Widener grad to handle lawsuits in District of New Jersey. So please, don't start calling schools like Drexel a "toilet school". In the future, keep your ignorance to yourself.

lol

ajax

Postby ajax » Mon Jan 07, 2013 4:51 pm

Every aspiring lawyer should also read this:

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB1000142 ... 18096.html

Return to “Choosing a Law School”