Better school, or scholarship in city I want to work in?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mloving2

Better school, or scholarship in city I want to work in?

Postby mloving2 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 4:21 pm

I have been accepted into Texas Tech Law with no scholarship (but I want to go there) and I've gotten a $35,000 scholarship to go to Texas Wesleyan (stay in top 25%) which is in fort worth, and I want to work there. Wesleyan is not a great school, it's pretty bad. However, the only other school in town is SMU, so I understand that Grads from Wesleyan that want to work in Fort Worth do okay there, if they graduate towards the top.

What do you guys think?

Also I'd like to add that I will be attending law school no matter what the negative posters say. You can be worried all you want, I am too, but LS is right for me. I've contemplated and I've decided on it. Please no comments like "you just shouldn't go to law school." I got into other places, but they just aren't right for me.

Give me some thoughts please!

hookem7

Re: Better school, or scholarship in city I want to work in?

Postby hookem7 » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:12 pm

mloving2 wrote:Also I'd like to add that I will be attending law school no matter what the negative posters say. You can be worried all you want, I am too, but LS is right for me. I've contemplated and I've decided on it. Please no comments like "you just shouldn't go to law school." I got into other places, but they just aren't right for me.

Seems like you already know the correct answer is neither. However, Tech is obviously the less bad choice. Whether that is a good decision for you to make or not, I will leave up to you. One look at this should be enough to sway you from Tx Wes I hope: http://www.lstscorereports.com/?school=texaswesleyan

jkpolk

Postby jkpolk » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:17 pm

mloving2 wrote:I have been accepted into Texas Tech Law with no scholarship (but I want to go there) and I've gotten a $35,000 scholarship to go to Texas Wesleyan (stay in top 25%) which is in fort worth, and I want to work there. Wesleyan is not a great school, it's pretty bad. However, the only other school in town is SMU, so I understand that Grads from Wesleyan that want to work in Fort Worth do okay there, if they graduate towards the top.

What do you guys think?

Also I'd like to add that I will be attending law school no matter what the negative posters say. You can be worried all you want, I am too, but LS is right for me. I've contemplated and I've decided on it. Please no comments like "you just shouldn't go to law school." I got into other places, but they just aren't right for me.

Give me some thoughts please!

Don't do this to yourself.

And wtf?
viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200079

TheThriller

Postby TheThriller » Thu Dec 13, 2012 6:24 pm

See my response in your other thread :http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=200079

Nova

Postby Nova » Thu Dec 13, 2012 7:20 pm

Tech is your better option.

Those stttipulations on the Wes scholarship are ttterrible. You should assume you wont retain.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”