Sports Law/ Politics

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:04 pm

North wrote:Wow. I'm an FSU alum as well. Wanted to point out that your conduct in this thread is a fucking embarrassment. I'm actually bothered that you might end in my class if I go to FSU for LS.



Welllll get over it. See you there friend :mrgreen: If youd like Ill make sure to show you when Im ahead of you in class ranking.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:05 pm

nickb285 wrote:
NoleFin wrote:Lol classy move from a classy guy. Expected nothing less. By the way, dont think I included you in the elitist category Mr 3.2 GPA. :lol:


Out of curiosity, is that supposed to make me ashamed? More importantly, should I be more ashamed of a low GPA than you should of being a petulant rich kid with a special snowflake complex?


Nope, just poking fun at you cuz you have a crappy attitude. Nothing to be ashamed about, im sure your very bright (just could use an attitude adjustment).

By the way im not rich, but we can go back to the assumption phase if you want.

User avatar
BlueJeanBaby
Posts: 630
Joined: Wed Aug 31, 2011 8:46 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby BlueJeanBaby » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:06 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
FSU is the only law school you should even consider in Florida, but because they offer almost no scholarship at all beyond "in-state tuition waivers" which you wouldn't qualify for, it's probably unlikely to pay off.


FSU offers pretty decent scholarships. I was in-state and they offered me 10k/year for being around median. Considering tuition was something like 16k at the time, it was a pretty good offer. I think that is a pretty common scholarship from them, too. Just a little tidbit of info :).

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby cahwc12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:07 pm

NoleFin wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:FSU is the only law school you should even consider in Florida, but because they offer almost no scholarship at all beyond "in-state tuition waivers" which you wouldn't qualify for, it's probably unlikely to pay off. And especially because you have an unrealistic pipe-dream about what job you'll get after graduating, you really shouldn't even consider that school.

But given that you're 100% set on going to law school and FSU is going to be a much lower debt load, it's really the only law school you should consider (insofar as you can't be swayed from going to law school). Being in-state and if you can work part-time, you can keep your debt very low ($60k). Having your mom and dad pay for your law school tuition doesn't mean you're rich or that you should burn their money as opposed to your own. But like I said, since you're dead set on going to law school, FSU is your best bet by a lot.

They released a "redacted" NALP report to LST for 2011, but their poor blacking out skills leave open all the sensitive information they tried to cover:

--LinkRemoved--

You can also see the official ABA employment statistics for FSU here: http://employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org/


About 65% of the 2011 class had something that wasn't obviously a fake or non-job.
In the blacked out area of their NALP report, you can see that only 59% of the class reported salaries, for which the median was 55,000.

Note that these are bad numbers by any objective measure. HOWEVER, they are much better than most law schools, and especially for the cost of attendance, FSU performs much better than most peer schools, especially when factoring in the in-state tuition. Georgia is perhaps another option and they would be reasonably likely to give you an in-state waiver (they are pretty generous with those).



The sooner you grow up, the better off you'll be, but at least if you go to FSU Law School, you'll be less worse off than going somewhere else. Your numbers will get you in, and having a bachelor's from the school will also give you a boost.

And lastly, just to be clear: DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL. IT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA FOR YOU AND YOU WILL REGRET THE DECISION.



A lot of good information in this post, thanks a ton mate!

By the way Im perfectly mature, Im just pressing buttons of those I feel have some issues about superiority they need to deal with. Thinking to highly of yourself is my #1 pet peeve. Obviously I would never act this way in a professional setting, gotta love the internet though.


viewtopic.php?f=1&t=198186&start=25#p6072811

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2144
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby mqt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:08 pm

bk1 wrote:
NoleFin wrote:We may just have to agree to disagree, because I believe it is very much the wrong attitude. Just because I go in knowing I will succeed doesnt mean im not cognizant of the reality that it may not happen. But I promise you winners dont go in to games thinking they might lose. Its just not winner mentality.


You're basically saying that being optimistic is going to serve you well. Ironically the exact opposite may be true. See http://www.abajournal.com/news/article/ ... udy_finds/


Am I the only one amused by the paradox of becoming more optimistic of one's chances in the legal profession after reading that and thinking of how pessimistic one is?

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby Ludo! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 pm

BigZuck wrote:
NoleFin wrote:
nickb285 wrote:It's neat how you're so dumb.

FWIW I'm calling flame, but just in case you're not, you should know that you are a bad person and you should feel bad.


FWIW, just throwing out insults without any substance is a sign of mental inferiority. Just saying.


Kind of like when you sent me a PM saying "UR a joke" when I called flame and suggested you go to the best school you can?

I can't believe this thread is still going. But at the same time I hope it keeps going forever.

Speaking of which how do you guys think it will end? I'm guessing either bk1 declares it over and locks it or the op posts a small speech about how we are all elitist gay virgins and rage quits.


I'm hoping it ends with OP realizing that people were trying to help, takes our advice, and does the right thing. (like viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186738). The rare occurrence of that outcome is what makes TLS great.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby nickb285 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:11 pm

NoleFin wrote:im sure your very bright



By the way im not rich


NoleFin wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:Do you have the cash to send your picks gifts?

I have money yes.

I have the money to go to FSU without taking on a dollar of debt though as well.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 pm

cahwc12 wrote:
NoleFin wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:FSU is the only law school you should even consider in Florida, but because they offer almost no scholarship at all beyond "in-state tuition waivers" which you wouldn't qualify for, it's probably unlikely to pay off. And especially because you have an unrealistic pipe-dream about what job you'll get after graduating, you really shouldn't even consider that school.

But given that you're 100% set on going to law school and FSU is going to be a much lower debt load, it's really the only law school you should consider (insofar as you can't be swayed from going to law school). Being in-state and if you can work part-time, you can keep your debt very low ($60k). Having your mom and dad pay for your law school tuition doesn't mean you're rich or that you should burn their money as opposed to your own. But like I said, since you're dead set on going to law school, FSU is your best bet by a lot.

They released a "redacted" NALP report to LST for 2011, but their poor blacking out skills leave open all the sensitive information they tried to cover:

--LinkRemoved--

You can also see the official ABA employment statistics for FSU here: http://employmentsummary.abaquestionnaire.org/


About 65% of the 2011 class had something that wasn't obviously a fake or non-job.
In the blacked out area of their NALP report, you can see that only 59% of the class reported salaries, for which the median was 55,000.

Note that these are bad numbers by any objective measure. HOWEVER, they are much better than most law schools, and especially for the cost of attendance, FSU performs much better than most peer schools, especially when factoring in the in-state tuition. Georgia is perhaps another option and they would be reasonably likely to give you an in-state waiver (they are pretty generous with those).



The sooner you grow up, the better off you'll be, but at least if you go to FSU Law School, you'll be less worse off than going somewhere else. Your numbers will get you in, and having a bachelor's from the school will also give you a boost.

And lastly, just to be clear: DO NOT GO TO LAW SCHOOL. IT IS A HORRIBLE IDEA FOR YOU AND YOU WILL REGRET THE DECISION.



A lot of good information in this post, thanks a ton mate!

By the way Im perfectly mature, Im just pressing buttons of those I feel have some issues about superiority they need to deal with. Thinking to highly of yourself is my #1 pet peeve. Obviously I would never act this way in a professional setting, gotta love the internet though.


viewtopic.php?f=1&t=198186&start=25#p6072811


Ah I see the confusion. You mixed up I will not be in bad debt with me being rich....correct?

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby nickb285 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:13 pm

Mqt wrote:Am I the only one amused by the paradox of becoming more optimistic of one's chances in the legal profession after reading that and thinking of how pessimistic one is?


Seriously. If I lose out on the pessimism bump I'm blaming that article.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:14 pm

nickb285 wrote:
NoleFin wrote:im sure your very bright



By the way im not rich


NoleFin wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:Do you have the cash to send your picks gifts?

I have money yes.

I have the money to go to FSU without taking on a dollar of debt though as well.



Your very sad. You try so hard to make me look bad for some odd reason and just continue to fail. Find the word rich anywhere in my posts please. Dont point to me saying I have money (very general) and I wont have to take on debt (60k) as proof of me being "rich".

EDIT: I just noticed...did you really highlight that to scold me for my contractions? Haha how sad and petty....
Last edited by NoleFin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:16 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
BigZuck wrote:
NoleFin wrote:
nickb285 wrote:It's neat how you're so dumb.

FWIW I'm calling flame, but just in case you're not, you should know that you are a bad person and you should feel bad.


FWIW, just throwing out insults without any substance is a sign of mental inferiority. Just saying.


Kind of like when you sent me a PM saying "UR a joke" when I called flame and suggested you go to the best school you can?

I can't believe this thread is still going. But at the same time I hope it keeps going forever.

Speaking of which how do you guys think it will end? I'm guessing either bk1 declares it over and locks it or the op posts a small speech about how we are all elitist gay virgins and rage quits.


I'm hoping it ends with OP realizing that people were trying to help, takes our advice, and does the right thing. (like viewtopic.php?f=1&t=186738). The rare occurrence of that outcome is what makes TLS great.


I realize SOME of you were trying to help. Many of you were not (you were somewhere in between :wink: ). Im probably going to end up at FSU realistically, I just was trying to broaden my base of knowledge. Not get in a fight.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:17 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:
cahwc12 wrote:
FSU is the only law school you should even consider in Florida, but because they offer almost no scholarship at all beyond "in-state tuition waivers" which you wouldn't qualify for, it's probably unlikely to pay off.


FSU offers pretty decent scholarships. I was in-state and they offered me 10k/year for being around median. Considering tuition was something like 16k at the time, it was a pretty good offer. I think that is a pretty common scholarship from them, too. Just a little tidbit of info :).


Thats awesome congrats! Thanks for the info too!

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby nickb285 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

You're young enough that you think that saying someone on the internet must have an ugly girlfriend is a valid insult, which means you're likely not old enough to have made any money yourself, yet you supposedly have the capital to throw money at college athletes in the hopes of becoming their agent, after not needing to pay for law school. Yeah, you're a petulant rich kid with special snowflake syndrome. Or a flame.

User avatar
cahwc12
Posts: 941
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:49 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby cahwc12 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:18 pm

Image

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

nickb285 wrote:You're young enough that you think that saying someone on the internet must have an ugly girlfriend is a valid insult, which means you're likely not old enough to have made any money yourself, yet you supposedly have the capital to throw money at college athletes in the hopes of becoming their agent, after not needing to pay for law school. Yeah, you're a petulant rich kid with special snowflake syndrome. Or a flame.


All I heard...."likely, probably, maybe, i mean i think?"

Very informed post.

EDIT: And another big fail by you. Once again i never called anyones girlfriend ugly, because I dont know anyone on heres girlfriend. Nice try troll boy.
Last edited by NoleFin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:21 pm

cahwc12 wrote:Image


Memes make you look tough, witty and intelligent all at the same time! Wowsers this guys cool!

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby Ludo! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:22 pm

NoleFin wrote:
nickb285 wrote:You're young enough that you think that saying someone on the internet must have an ugly girlfriend is a valid insult, which means you're likely not old enough to have made any money yourself, yet you supposedly have the capital to throw money at college athletes in the hopes of becoming their agent, after not needing to pay for law school. Yeah, you're a petulant rich kid with special snowflake syndrome. Or a flame.


All I heard...."likely, probably, maybe, i mean i think?"

Very informed post.


OK so explain how you have enough money to go to law school and graduate without debt and also have start up capital for your sports agent dreams... but at the same time are not rich.

User avatar
nickb285
Posts: 1500
Joined: Mon Jul 16, 2012 4:25 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby nickb285 » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

ITT: OP posts about how he's going to get a job as a sports agent with a JD from FSU, with being a politician as a backup, and if all of that fails he'll get a cushy government law job, then calls people uninformed.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:23 pm

Ludovico Technique wrote:
NoleFin wrote:
nickb285 wrote:You're young enough that you think that saying someone on the internet must have an ugly girlfriend is a valid insult, which means you're likely not old enough to have made any money yourself, yet you supposedly have the capital to throw money at college athletes in the hopes of becoming their agent, after not needing to pay for law school. Yeah, you're a petulant rich kid with special snowflake syndrome. Or a flame.


All I heard...."likely, probably, maybe, i mean i think?"

Very informed post.


OK so explain how you have enough money to go to law school and graduate without debt and also have start up capital for your sports agent dreams... but at the same time are not rich.


Because tuition at FL State is roughly 60k. I have that. I do not know how much startup money is needed for that, nor have I ever claimed I do.

EDIT: IDK, maybe you guys consider 60k rich...if so were simply arguing about a misunderstanding.
Last edited by NoleFin on Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
sanjola
Posts: 479
Joined: Sun Dec 19, 2010 12:56 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby sanjola » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Thanks for the entertaining post, guys! :mrgreen:

I noticed your post numbers keep rising as I keep reading along. Are all your posts within this one thread? If so, great way to start your TLS posting career!

User avatar
mqt
Posts: 2144
Joined: Thu Sep 27, 2012 11:52 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby mqt » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 pm

Is feeding time seriously not over yet?

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:25 pm

nickb285 wrote:ITT: OP posts about how he's going to get a job as a sports agent with a JD from FSU, with being a politician as a backup, and if all of that fails he'll get a cushy government law job, then calls people uninformed.



Lol. What purpose are you getting from posting this? I created the thread, so its obvious what my intentions were. You on the other hand seem like someone who has been picked on many times as a child and feels the need to lash out at others in response.

Didnt say any of that. Except I WILL be admitted to FSU, thats the only thing i have felt pretty secure about.

NoleFin
Posts: 84
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 8:08 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby NoleFin » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:26 pm

sanjola wrote:Thanks for the entertaining post, guys! :mrgreen:

I noticed your post numbers keep rising as I keep reading along. Are all your posts within this one thread? If so, great way to start your TLS posting career!


Start and end most likely. Terrible atmosphere, a bit smoky if you will.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby Ludo! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:28 pm

NoleFin wrote:
Ludovico Technique wrote:
NoleFin wrote:
nickb285 wrote:You're young enough that you think that saying someone on the internet must have an ugly girlfriend is a valid insult, which means you're likely not old enough to have made any money yourself, yet you supposedly have the capital to throw money at college athletes in the hopes of becoming their agent, after not needing to pay for law school. Yeah, you're a petulant rich kid with special snowflake syndrome. Or a flame.


All I heard...."likely, probably, maybe, i mean i think?"

Very informed post.


OK so explain how you have enough money to go to law school and graduate without debt and also have start up capital for your sports agent dreams... but at the same time are not rich.


Because tuition at FL State is roughly 60k. I have that. I do not know how much startup money is needed for that, nor have I ever claimed I do.


What about living expenses? But seriously, if you have 60K of savings to just plunk down on law school, you're rich to me.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Sports Law/ Politics

Postby Ludo! » Thu Nov 15, 2012 1:29 pm

NoleFin wrote:
sanjola wrote:Thanks for the entertaining post, guys! :mrgreen:

I noticed your post numbers keep rising as I keep reading along. Are all your posts within this one thread? If so, great way to start your TLS posting career!


Start and end most likely. Terrible atmosphere, a bit smoky if you will.


It's only a terrible atmosphere if you ask a hilariously naive question and then flip out when you don't get the answer you want.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest