Stingiest T-14 Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which T-14 Law Schools are the Stingiest?

University of Chicago
8%
NYU
9%
UC Berkeley
19%
University of Pennsylvania
4%
University of Virginia
11%
University of Michigan
6%
Duke University
6%
Northwestern University
4%
Georgetown University
24%
Cornell University
9%

Total votes: 144

Lincoln

Re: Stingiest T-14 Law School

Postby Lincoln » Wed Oct 31, 2012 8:52 pm

WhiteyCakes wrote:Bizzybone is the next ChickenSoup. You heard it here first, folks

FTFY. TLS trolling just isn't what it used to be.

weye

Postby weye » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:41 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
WhiteyCakes wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:What about savings? I don't know about you, but I have about $60K in savings (living in those $500 a month apartments before law school). What about the SA during 2L summer? A lot of Michigan students get those. That's another $20K. The point was too many people live beyond their means.

How on earth do you have 60k in savings? That is more than double my salary. Mommy and daddy must have been good to you.

Its by not majoring in something useless like English in undergraduate. I majored in construction science (called construction engineering, construction management or architectural engineering at a lot of schools). Let me tell you: If you want to make a lot of money, go get a degree in this field. When I graduated from undergrad, I had four job offers: $53K, $60K, $58K and $52K. I had about 30 interviews during my graduating semester. Over time, someone in my field can very easily make six figures for a few different reasons: (1) The construction industry has only become professionalized in the past 20 or 30 years (there are not that many people with my college degree), (2) the degree is in very high demand because of this professionalization, (3) the degree is very portable (there are construction projects going on all over the world-- I have been to Singapore and Norway just to name a few places). I am about to create a post for people on this website on how you can make six figures without a law degree. At one point, I was close to $80K in savings when my stocks were doing very well. I graduated in December 2008 right when the stock market had just bottomed. Life has been pretty good since then.

You may have benefited from more English classes. Below are six more instances where, in this thread alone, you misuse "its." The list is not exhaustive. I hope your poor grammar does not detract from your inspiring personal statement:

"Its not a sob story by the way; its called a personal statement for a reason-- the key word being personal."

"The thing about it its not just a story. Its my real life just like President Obama. One day, you may hear the story in its entirety in about 20 years. Remember that."

"I know exactly what I am talking about. Most people at the T-14 do come from privilege. Its you that is clueless."

"There is a reason we are called URM's-- its because we are underrepresented."

nickb285

Postby nickb285 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:42 pm

28 posts, necros a thread to point out misuses of the word "its." Good work bro.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Wed Nov 21, 2012 4:48 pm

That is why I am attending law school. My education is incomplete. I don't have time to proof read my posts on the internet. My PS will be errorless.

Lovely Ludwig Van

Postby Lovely Ludwig Van » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:26 pm

I had 75th stats for Berkeley and wrote all 3 or 4 of their scholarship essays and tried to do a good job on them and sent them my other $$ offers, and they still wouldn't give me jack shit.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:48 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:I had 75th stats for Berkeley and wrote all 3 or 4 of their scholarship essays and tried to do a good job on them and sent them my other $$ offers, and they still wouldn't give me jack shit.

I am real fond of UC Berkeley. I am not surprised. The state is too much in a fiscal mess.

moonman157

Postby moonman157 » Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:53 pm

Could Cornell's stinginess compared to its peers possibly explain its lower admissions numbers? There was speculation in the class medians group that Ithaca may have had something to do with it, but this seems more plausible.

Rahviveh

Postby Rahviveh » Mon Nov 26, 2012 4:41 pm

moonman157 wrote:Could Cornell's stinginess compared to its peers possibly explain its lower admissions numbers? There was speculation in the class medians group that Ithaca may have had something to do with it, but this seems more plausible.

Its Ithaca. Cornell isnt that stingy, and definitely not stingier than GULC.

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Mon Nov 26, 2012 9:54 pm

Lovely Ludwig Van wrote:I had 75th stats for Berkeley and wrote all 3 or 4 of their scholarship essays and tried to do a good job on them and sent them my other $$ offers, and they still wouldn't give me jack shit.

Boalt trolls people.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”