Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which T-14 Law Degree is the Least Portable?

University of Chicago
8
2%
NYU
13
4%
UC Berkeley
27
8%
University of Pennsylvania
7
2%
University of Virginia
33
10%
University of Michigan
28
8%
Duke University
37
11%
Northwestern University
27
8%
Cornell University
76
22%
Georgetown University
84
25%
 
Total votes: 340

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:34 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Why do you want to be a politician? Is it for the same reason you are so enamored with faux-prestige? I'm genuinely asking you. And do NOT say, "Because I want to make a difference." I also don't want a novel or Julian Castro's life story.

Judging from everything I've seen you say on these forums you are largely fueled by ambition and recognition. You want to be up on the podium for the same reason you want a top school - to feel great about yourself, to have your voice and story heard, and to be admired.

This is the wrong reason to enter politics. In fact, it is largely this propensity for rent-seeking and self-aggrandizement that has crippled any semblance of rational discourse at the legislative levels.

So you can quote Obama all you want, you can look up the pathway of Senators until kingdom come, but until you get the hell out there and do something for your fellow man that indicates some modicum of philanthropy and selflessness then I can assure you, you will just be another a-hole legislative aide or power-grabbing state level elected official. Or worse, a failed egotist with a crap top of law school debt.

Before you rant on how little I know, stop. I am a) involved in politics and b) not telling you to not dream big. But as someone in this arena, who sees what kind of people it attracts and sometimes rewards, I am imploring you to question your motives before gunning for something that you're just going to massively screw up.


First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference. I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

Pursuing a political career is a very, very financially risky. Mayor Castro is a perfect example. If he runs for Governor or the U.S. Senate in the state of Texas and loses (which is very likely in the next 5-10 years), he would have spent 10-15 years of his life making close to nothing in salary all to make a difference. He will never make up that lost financial ground. In addition, he will never make up for all that time he spent away from his family due to working and campaigning.

With respect to this whole faux-prestige line, this has to be most worthless part of your post that barely deserves a response. Why don't you take your 3.6/170 and attend American, Baylor or Pepperdine if those schools are so great? When you have children, why don't you encourage them to apply to community colleges for their education? When you are enrolling them at K-12 schools, why don't you pick the worst district in the entire city in which you will live? To ask these questions is to answer them. So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point. I fail to see the main point of the stimulus. People are ambitious in all areas of American life. Some people want to be a CEO; some people want to be a doctor; some people want to be a politician.

I am going to continue to quote President Obama, because he is an excellent role model for a lot of people in this country. Am I going to go into politics to make a difference? Actually, that is exactly why I am going to attend. Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time. Because of politicians, I was able to attend college on educational grants. Because of politicians, my mom will get health insurance when she hasn't had it for her entire life. Because of politicians, I was able to get a great undergraduate education.

Your time would be better spent telling people there are easier ways to make money than going to law school. I feel real, real sorry for all of these people on this site whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible. That's ok though-- they can live their life however they wish, and I will do the same. This amounts to that whole "poverty of ambition" that President Obama talks about.


180. This is a very good troll.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:41 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote: Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.
I don't mean to be a dick, but with that attitude it won't be you.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:42 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Why do you want to be a politician? Is it for the same reason you are so enamored with faux-prestige? I'm genuinely asking you. And do NOT say, "Because I want to make a difference." I also don't want a novel or Julian Castro's life story.

Judging from everything I've seen you say on these forums you are largely fueled by ambition and recognition. You want to be up on the podium for the same reason you want a top school - to feel great about yourself, to have your voice and story heard, and to be admired.

This is the wrong reason to enter politics. In fact, it is largely this propensity for rent-seeking and self-aggrandizement that has crippled any semblance of rational discourse at the legislative levels.

So you can quote Obama all you want, you can look up the pathway of Senators until kingdom come, but until you get the hell out there and do something for your fellow man that indicates some modicum of philanthropy and selflessness then I can assure you, you will just be another a-hole legislative aide or power-grabbing state level elected official. Or worse, a failed egotist with a crap top of law school debt.

Before you rant on how little I know, stop. I am a) involved in politics and b) not telling you to not dream big. But as someone in this arena, who sees what kind of people it attracts and sometimes rewards, I am imploring you to question your motives before gunning for something that you're just going to massively screw up.


First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference. I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

Pursuing a political career is a very, very financially risky. Mayor Castro is a perfect example. If he runs for Governor or the U.S. Senate in the state of Texas and loses (which is very likely in the next 5-10 years), he would have spent 10-15 years of his life making close to nothing in salary all to make a difference. He will never make up that lost financial ground. In addition, he will never make up for all that time he spent away from his family due to working and campaigning.

With respect to this whole faux-prestige line, this has to be most worthless part of your post that barely deserves a response. Why don't you take your 3.6/170 and attend American, Baylor or Pepperdine if those schools are so great? When you have children, why don't you encourage them to apply to community colleges for their education? When you are enrolling them at K-12 schools, why don't you pick the worst district in the entire city in which you will live? To ask these questions is to answer them. So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point. I fail to see the main point of the stimulus. People are ambitious in all areas of American life. Some people want to be a CEO; some people want to be a doctor; some people want to be a politician.

I am going to continue to quote President Obama, because he is an excellent role model for a lot of people in this country. Am I going to go into politics to make a difference? Actually, that is exactly why I am going to attend. Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time. Because of politicians, I was able to attend college on educational grants. Because of politicians, my mom will get health insurance when she hasn't had it for her entire life. Because of politicians, I was able to get a great undergraduate education.

Your time would be better spent telling people there are easier ways to make money than going to law school. I feel real, real sorry for all of these people on this site whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible. That's ok though-- they can live their life however they wish, and I will do the same. This amounts to that whole "poverty of ambition" that President Obama talks about.


180. This is a very good troll.


No troll here. Like I have said before, I will post a picture of my admittance letter to the law school where I ultimatelly enroll. This thread isn't about me- it is about the portability of a T-14 law degree, which matters to a lot of people. If I knew the answer to this question, I would have never asked it.

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:44 pm

dingbat wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote: Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.
I don't mean to be a dick, but with that attitude it won't be you.


I wish we could change the poll to bizzy v rizzy (my money's on rizzy).

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby elterrible78 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:We are blessed in our country to have this opportunity. Others around the world aren't as blessed as us in terms of educational opportunities.


You don't say?

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:57 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Why do you want to be a politician? Is it for the same reason you are so enamored with faux-prestige? I'm genuinely asking you. And do NOT say, "Because I want to make a difference." I also don't want a novel or Julian Castro's life story.

Judging from everything I've seen you say on these forums you are largely fueled by ambition and recognition. You want to be up on the podium for the same reason you want a top school - to feel great about yourself, to have your voice and story heard, and to be admired.

This is the wrong reason to enter politics. In fact, it is largely this propensity for rent-seeking and self-aggrandizement that has crippled any semblance of rational discourse at the legislative levels.

So you can quote Obama all you want, you can look up the pathway of Senators until kingdom come, but until you get the hell out there and do something for your fellow man that indicates some modicum of philanthropy and selflessness then I can assure you, you will just be another a-hole legislative aide or power-grabbing state level elected official. Or worse, a failed egotist with a crap top of law school debt.

Before you rant on how little I know, stop. I am a) involved in politics and b) not telling you to not dream big. But as someone in this arena, who sees what kind of people it attracts and sometimes rewards, I am imploring you to question your motives before gunning for something that you're just going to massively screw up.


First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference. I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

Pursuing a political career is a very, very financially risky. Mayor Castro is a perfect example. If he runs for Governor or the U.S. Senate in the state of Texas and loses (which is very likely in the next 5-10 years), he would have spent 10-15 years of his life making close to nothing in salary all to make a difference. He will never make up that lost financial ground. In addition, he will never make up for all that time he spent away from his family due to working and campaigning.

With respect to this whole faux-prestige line, this has to be most worthless part of your post that barely deserves a response. Why don't you take your 3.6/170 and attend American, Baylor or Pepperdine if those schools are so great? When you have children, why don't you encourage them to apply to community colleges for their education? When you are enrolling them at K-12 schools, why don't you pick the worst district in the entire city in which you will live? To ask these questions is to answer them. So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point. I fail to see the main point of the stimulus. People are ambitious in all areas of American life. Some people want to be a CEO; some people want to be a doctor; some people want to be a politician.

I am going to continue to quote President Obama, because he is an excellent role model for a lot of people in this country. Am I going to go into politics to make a difference? Actually, that is exactly why I am going to attend. Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time. Because of politicians, I was able to attend college on educational grants. Because of politicians, my mom will get health insurance when she hasn't had it for her entire life. Because of politicians, I was able to get a great undergraduate education.

Your time would be better spent telling people there are easier ways to make money than going to law school. I feel real, real sorry for all of these people on this site whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible. That's ok though-- they can live their life however they wish, and I will do the same. This amounts to that whole "poverty of ambition" that President Obama talks about.


180. This is a very good troll.


No troll here. Like I have said before, I will post a picture of my admittance letter to the law school where I ultimatelly enroll. This thread isn't about me- it is about the portability of a T-14 law degree, which matters to a lot of people. If I knew the answer to this question, I would have never asked it.


You're killing it. Half the people hate you, and half the people know you don't exist. Perfect troll.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby danquayle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
John_rizzy_rawls wrote:Why do you want to be a politician? Is it for the same reason you are so enamored with faux-prestige? I'm genuinely asking you. And do NOT say, "Because I want to make a difference." I also don't want a novel or Julian Castro's life story.

Judging from everything I've seen you say on these forums you are largely fueled by ambition and recognition. You want to be up on the podium for the same reason you want a top school - to feel great about yourself, to have your voice and story heard, and to be admired.

This is the wrong reason to enter politics. In fact, it is largely this propensity for rent-seeking and self-aggrandizement that has crippled any semblance of rational discourse at the legislative levels.

So you can quote Obama all you want, you can look up the pathway of Senators until kingdom come, but until you get the hell out there and do something for your fellow man that indicates some modicum of philanthropy and selflessness then I can assure you, you will just be another a-hole legislative aide or power-grabbing state level elected official. Or worse, a failed egotist with a crap top of law school debt.

Before you rant on how little I know, stop. I am a) involved in politics and b) not telling you to not dream big. But as someone in this arena, who sees what kind of people it attracts and sometimes rewards, I am imploring you to question your motives before gunning for something that you're just going to massively screw up.


First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference. I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

Pursuing a political career is a very, very financially risky. Mayor Castro is a perfect example. If he runs for Governor or the U.S. Senate in the state of Texas and loses (which is very likely in the next 5-10 years), he would have spent 10-15 years of his life making close to nothing in salary all to make a difference. He will never make up that lost financial ground. In addition, he will never make up for all that time he spent away from his family due to working and campaigning.

With respect to this whole faux-prestige line, this has to be most worthless part of your post that barely deserves a response. Why don't you take your 3.6/170 and attend American, Baylor or Pepperdine if those schools are so great? When you have children, why don't you encourage them to apply to community colleges for their education? When you are enrolling them at K-12 schools, why don't you pick the worst district in the entire city in which you will live? To ask these questions is to answer them. So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see in 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point. I fail to see the main point of the stimulus. People are ambitious in all areas of American life. Some people want to be a CEO; some people want to be a doctor; some people want to be a politician.

I am going to continue to quote President Obama, because he is an excellent role model for a lot of people in this country. Am I going to go into politics to make a difference? Actually, that is exactly why I am going to attend. Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time. Because of politicians, I was able to attend college on educational grants. Because of politicians, my mom will get health insurance when she hasn't had it for her entire life. Because of politicians, I was able to get a great undergraduate education.

Your time would be better spent telling people there are easier ways to make money than going to law school. I feel real, real sorry for all of these people on this site whose sole goal in life is to make as much money as possible. That's ok though-- they can live their life however they wish, and I will do the same. This amounts to that whole "poverty of ambition" that President Obama talks about.


That first line is an interesting claim against someone on an internet forum. You could be talking to prolific film actor Nicholas Cage for all you know.

I'm assuming this is a troll because if not... wow. Here's the first and only rule I know about politics: make friends.
Last edited by danquayle on Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
vanwinkle
Posts: 9740
Joined: Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:02 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby vanwinkle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 8:58 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby danquayle » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:02 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


It's not his fault he cares!!! You wouldn't understand.

Great post, btw.

User avatar
moonman157
Posts: 1039
Joined: Mon Nov 14, 2011 10:26 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby moonman157 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:07 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


I agree with everything except for the omission of Sarah Palin in the list of "People Who Got Far Without Prestigious Degrees"

User avatar
elterrible78
Posts: 1108
Joined: Mon Mar 12, 2012 3:09 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby elterrible78 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:08 pm

vanwinkle wrote: It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


This is, and has been, the OPs primary problem throughout the entire course of this thread. He (or she, I guess) cannot and will not give up on the idea that he (or she, I guess) is some kind of special snowflake, whether it be the child of immigrants thing, or the "wanting to make a difference" thing. Every undergraduate institution in the country is absolutely overflowing with kids who have had some course or other that exposed them to poverty or inequality or race theory or gender theory or whatever else is going, and instead of actually channeling that indignation towards creating some kind of positive change, end up turning into self-righteous little d-bags who want to be President, singing democracy and fair trade and equality for all and all that good shit (and by good shit, I mean good shit) but deep down they know they'd swap it all for a benevolent dictatorship, just as long as they could be the dictators.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

danquayle wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


It's not his fault he cares!!! You wouldn't understand.

Great post, btw.


Mary Fallin is the dumbest politician in the history of life. She is painfully stupid.

Still trollin btw.

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:We are blessed in our country to have this opportunity. Others around the world aren't as blessed as us in terms of educational opportunities.


You don't say?

and in other countries people have it better still

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:09 pm

vanwinkle wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


Your post actually has some good points to it even though I do not really agree with it, but his not so much. I have a problem with his post, because he does it in such a douche bag way. He could have said the same thing in a more mild form. Your post has a lot more actual substance to it than his.

If a politician has more education, it is a wider base of knowledge to draw from. If a politician has more education, they won't be embarassed in their city, district or state due to not being able to respond in an articulate, intelligent manner. If a politician has more education, when and if they fail they can pursue something else.

What does it matter what I am or not going to do with my career? The answer, of course, it doesn't matter. If you guys want to be partner at a big time law firm, that is great. More power to you and good luck.

User avatar
sopranorleone
Posts: 220
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:38 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby sopranorleone » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:13 pm

Image

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:14 pm

Lord Randolph McDuff wrote:
danquayle wrote:
vanwinkle wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:First and foremost, I will accompish a lot more in my life than you and at the same time make a difference.

It would be valuable to learn prior to your attempted political career that belligerence and arrogance will burn bridges faster than you can build them. Chris Christie is an exception, not the rule.

bizzybone1313 wrote:I don't need your advice, critique or approval in terms of my future political career. Anytime I have responded in an abrasive, forceful manner it was in direct response to someone else's obnoxious, worthless posts.

The fact that you deem his post worthless and worthy of an "abrasive" response speaks volumes about you, and not in a positive way.

bizzybone1313 wrote:So you take that 3.6/170 and go to American, and I will take my stats and attend a T-14. Let's see 20 years who ends up in a better position in terms of their career.

I think you're really missing the point he was making. You're confusing legal prestige with political prestige, and they're two very different things. What matters in politics isn't whether you were T-14 or not, because voters don't give a damn about legal prestige. In fact, they can have some strong contempt for it in some places. You're more likely to do well by getting a law degree in or near the place you want your political career to begin. Or without getting a law degree at all. Consider the following:

  • Rick Perry (governor of Texas) went to Texas A&M. He doesn't even have a law degree.
  • Jan Brewer (governor of Arizona) has only a technical degree from Glendale Community College.
  • Brian Schweitzer (governor of Montana) has a master's in soil science from Montana State.
  • John Kitzhaber (governor of Oregon) has a medical degree from Oregon Health and Science University.
  • Mary Fallin (governor of Oklahoma) has a bachelor's degree from Oklahoma State.
  • Mike Beebe (governor of Arkansas) has a law degree from the U of Arkansas.
  • Chris Christie (governor of New Jersey) has a law degree from Seton Hall in NJ.
  • Sam Brownback (governor of Kansas) has a law degree from the U of Kansas.
  • Steve Beshear (governor of Kentucky) has a law degree from the U of Kentucky.
  • Martin O'Malley (governor of Maryland) has a law degree from the U of Maryland.
  • Susana Martinez (governor of New Mexico) has a law degree from the U of Oklahoma.
  • Christine Gregoire (governor of Washington) has a law degree from Gonzaga University in Spokane, WA.

bizzybone1313 wrote:As far as ambition is concerned, I am and what the fuck is your point.

His point was that politics is full of people who are fueled by ambition but lacking in any depth beyond it. Do you honestly think what this country is missing is yet another soul with a law degree, a desire to make a difference, and an absolute contempt for people who question them? If you do make a politician someday, if you don't grow up first, you'll make the worst kind.

bizzybone1313 wrote:Politics is one of the best ways to do something meaningful and get paid at the same time.

Unless you're going to be the next Lincoln or FDR, you will never be as meaningful as the paramedics, firefighters, detectives, police officers, impact litigators, public interest attorneys, teachers, doctors, or medical researchers out there making a difference every day, and they can at least afford to put a roof over their heads. If you truly care about doing something meaningful more than the money, consider trying something other than walking in Obama's footsteps. It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


It's not his fault he cares!!! You wouldn't understand.

Great post, btw.


Mary Fallin is the dumbest politician in the history of life. She is painfully stupid.

Still trollin btw.


Never heard of her. Maybe if she had attended Georgetown or some other T-14, I would have heard of her. :D

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby dingbat » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:17 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:If a politician has more education, it is a wider base of knowledge to draw from. If a politician has more education, they won't be embarassed in their city, district or state due to not being able to respond in an articulate, intelligent manner.

Have you actually been following politics this past decade?

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:19 pm

elterrible78 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote: It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


This is, and has been, the OPs primary problem throughout the entire course of this thread. He (or she, I guess) cannot and will not give up on the idea that he (or she, I guess) is some kind of special snowflake, whether it be the child of immigrants thing, or the "wanting to make a difference" thing. Every undergraduate institution in the country is absolutely overflowing with kids who have had some course or other that exposed them to poverty or inequality or race theory or gender theory or whatever else is going, and instead of actually channeling that indignation towards creating some kind of positive change, end up turning into self-righteous little d-bags who want to be President, singing democracy and fair trade and equality for all and all that good shit (and by good shit, I mean good shit) but deep down they know they'd swap it all for a benevolent dictatorship, just as long as they could be the dictators.


Great. I would love to hear what you guys think are the special snowflakes of law school admissions (especially at the T-14). Because you fucking know what, it isn't the sons and daughters of upper middle class or upper class parents. Please enlighten me.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Icculus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:20 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:If a politician has more educationtakes the time to understand the things around him/her, he or she will have wider base of knowledge to draw from. If a politician has more educationis intellectually capable, they won't be embarassed in their city, district or state due to not being able to respond in an articulate, intelligent manner.


FTFY. Nothing you say here has anything to do with a legal education, and as one currently enrolled in law school I fail to see how a legal education will help you in anything you've said.

User avatar
Icculus
Posts: 1421
Joined: Tue Mar 02, 2010 12:02 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Icculus » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:21 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
elterrible78 wrote:
vanwinkle wrote: It's not like there aren't already a thousand other people ready to take your place in line.


This is, and has been, the OPs primary problem throughout the entire course of this thread. He (or she, I guess) cannot and will not give up on the idea that he (or she, I guess) is some kind of special snowflake, whether it be the child of immigrants thing, or the "wanting to make a difference" thing. Every undergraduate institution in the country is absolutely overflowing with kids who have had some course or other that exposed them to poverty or inequality or race theory or gender theory or whatever else is going, and instead of actually channeling that indignation towards creating some kind of positive change, end up turning into self-righteous little d-bags who want to be President, singing democracy and fair trade and equality for all and all that good shit (and by good shit, I mean good shit) but deep down they know they'd swap it all for a benevolent dictatorship, just as long as they could be the dictators.


Great. I would love to hear what you guys think are the special snowflakes of law school admissions (especially at the T-14). Because you fucking know what, it isn't the sons and daughters of upper middle class or upper class parents. Please enlighten me.


There are no special snowflakes. Period. The sooner you learn this the better off you will be. Life sucks, get a helmet.

User avatar
A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A
Posts: 628
Joined: Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:32 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby A → B ⊨ ¬B → ¬A » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:22 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:Great. I would love to hear what you guys think are the special snowflakes of law school admissions (especially at the T-14). Because you fucking know what, it isn't the sons and daughters of upper middle class or upper class parents. Please enlighten me.


You.

User avatar
bizzybone1313
Posts: 996
Joined: Wed Jul 11, 2012 4:31 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby bizzybone1313 » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:23 pm

dingbat wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:If a politician has more education, it is a wider base of knowledge to draw from. If a politician has more education, they won't be embarassed in their city, district or state due to not being able to respond in an articulate, intelligent manner.

Have you actually been following politics this past decade?


I assume you are referring to George "Dubya" Bush. We all know how that turned out don't we? What is really ironic is his father actually deserved two terms a lot more than his son.

User avatar
Robbin Blue
Posts: 647
Joined: Sun May 20, 2012 12:13 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Robbin Blue » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:24 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Great. I would love to hear what you guys think are the special snowflakes of law school admissions (especially at the T-14). Because you fucking know what, it isn't the sons and daughters of upper middle class or upper class parents. Please enlighten me.


Two things.

One, I'm still not sure why you aren't applying to CU. It would establish the ties you need and give you a much better understanding of what issues the people of Colorado find important. You won't get either of those from a T-14. Given your Texas roots, one would expect you'd want to take any chance to establish roots to Colorado you could get.

Two, dealing with potentially abrasive people (especially when they genuinely do want to help) is a hell of a lot more important to politics than any law school degree. I'd vote for a high school dropout over someone with a JD from Yale who acted like a brat because he got answers he didn't like. We're trying to help. That's better than anyone will do for you if you ever do get elected.

User avatar
suralin
better than you
Posts: 15091
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 1:52 am

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby suralin » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:30 pm

OP will be a great politician with his/her attitude and willingness to listen to disconfirmatory opinions.

Lord Randolph McDuff
Posts: 1587
Joined: Wed Jun 08, 2011 4:37 pm

Re: Least Portable T-14 Law Degree

Postby Lord Randolph McDuff » Mon Dec 17, 2012 9:34 pm

Robbin Blue wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
Great. I would love to hear what you guys think are the special snowflakes of law school admissions (especially at the T-14). Because you fucking know what, it isn't the sons and daughters of upper middle class or upper class parents. Please enlighten me.


Two things.

One, I'm still not sure why you aren't applying to CU. It would establish the ties you need and give you a much better understanding of what issues the people of Colorado find important. You won't get either of those from a T-14. Given your Texas roots, one would expect you'd want to take any chance to establish roots to Colorado you could get.

Two, dealing with potentially abrasive people (especially when they genuinely do want to help) is a hell of a lot more important to politics than any law school degree. I'd vote for a high school dropout over someone with a JD from Yale who acted like a brat because he got answers he didn't like. We're trying to help. That's better than anyone will do for you if you ever do get elected.


Yeah, but she'll never learn to articulately answer questions if she goes to CU. Credit where credits due that was an outstanding point.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Bing [Bot], Google [Bot], MikkelVilla, mtf612, trmckenz and 3 guests