ED to UVA or Not?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
michaelm55

ED to UVA or Not?

Postby michaelm55 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 4:44 pm

Ok Guys. 164, 3.93, and some other stuff (look at my profile). Is ED to UVA worth a $100 application fee with these scores, or would I be waisting my time and cash?

Second? Is UVA worth sticker (assuming I got in?)

Please no "retake" comments. Thank you.

moonman157

Re: ED to UVA or Not?

Postby moonman157 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:01 pm

I think the answer depends on a lot of questions, like your financial situation and career goals. Personally, I would ED because I think it's your only shot at T-14 (barring URM or some truly extraordinary softs). Whether or not UVA is worth sticker is a debate I will leave for others, though.

Tuco Salamanca

Postby Tuco Salamanca » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:04 pm

michaelm55 wrote:Please no "retake" comments. Thank you.

Why not? Unless you've taken it 3 times it's by far the right choice. Retake.

Puffin

Postby Puffin » Sun Oct 21, 2012 5:57 pm

I'm pretty sure you've already asked this several times, and the credited response is still to retake... Regardless if you want "retake" comments or not. If you want to pay sticker for no reason when you could still retake, then ED UVA with a decent chance of getting in as a reverse splitter. UVA at sticker is arguable either way, but makes no sense with the possibility for $$$$ from a few pts increase in your LSAT.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 12:05 pm

If it's the app fee you're worried about, ask them for a waiver. Retake is TCR, though.

BigZuck

Postby BigZuck » Mon Oct 22, 2012 6:51 pm

Either choose one region of the country where you have ties and want to work for the rest of your life and go to the best school that feeds into that region for as cheap as possible or go to a T14 for as cheap as possible. Considering the schools you have applied to you are not going for the first option and the second option requires a retake which you refuse to do. Continuing the path you are on will most likely set you up for disappointment down the line at the very least, economic ruin at the very worst.

Justin Genious

Postby Justin Genious » Wed Oct 24, 2012 2:11 am

BigZuck wrote:Either choose one region of the country where you have ties and want to work for the rest of your life and go to the best school that feeds into that region for as cheap as possible or go to a T14 for as cheap as possible. Considering the schools you have applied to you are not going for the first option and the second option requires a retake which you refuse to do. Continuing the path you are on will most likely set you up for disappointment down the line at the very least, economic ruin at the very worst.

Assuming that a t6 is out of the question. Op, you have the gpa to go to HYS and you just need 6-7 more points on the LSAT to do it. Sign up for December LSAT (late registration deadline is November 9) and absolutely bust ass studying this last month. You will kill it and be happy you did so.

Submitting your application in early January is not going to put you at a significant disadvantage, if that is what you are worried about.

Uncle.Joe

Postby Uncle.Joe » Thu Nov 01, 2012 4:58 pm

Sticker only worth it at HYS

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Thu Nov 01, 2012 5:37 pm

Uncle.Joe wrote:Sticker only worth it at HYS

GOAT avatar/screen name combo.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”