Does LSAC probability calculator include URM?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Steve2207

Does LSAC probability calculator include URM?

Postby Steve2207 » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:06 pm

I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the LSAT and GPA numbers each school shows that they accepted last year includes URM? I am a white male so knowing this could drasticly change my expectations.

VasaVasori

Post removed.

Postby VasaVasori » Sat Oct 13, 2012 9:55 pm

Post removed.
Last edited by VasaVasori on Sun May 10, 2015 3:46 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Nova

Re: Does LSAC probability calculator include URM?

Postby Nova » Sat Oct 13, 2012 10:03 pm

Steve2207 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the LSAT and GPA numbers each school shows that they accepted last year includes URM? I am a white male so knowing this could drasticly change my expectations.

Yes, it includes URMs. Not sure why you would think otherwise. They are students too!!

Many but not all below both median seats are reserved for URMs. There will be URMs at every school who are at or above at least one median too, though...

It should not drastically change your expectations. White kids chances generally go like this:

If you are below both medians, you are very likely out. You have to be SUPER SPECIAL to get in.

If you are at or above one of the one medians, your chances are ok (better if at or above LSAT median). Factors are how far off the other median you are, how much they need your split, and how much they like you personally based on your app

If you are at or above both medians, your chances are good and you should expect some $$.

Steve2207

Postby Steve2207 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:06 am

Nova wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:I was wondering if anyone could tell me if the LSAT and GPA numbers each school shows that they accepted last year includes URM? I am a white male so knowing this could drasticly change my expectations.

Yes, it includes URMs. Not sure why you would think otherwise. They are students too!!

Many but not all below both median seats are reserved for URMs. There will be URMs at every school who are at or above at least one median too, though...

It should not drastically change your expectations. White kids chances generally go like this:

If you are below both medians, you are very likely out. You have to be SUPER SPECIAL to get in.

If you are at or above one of the one medians, your chances are ok (better if at or above LSAT median). Factors are how far off the other median you are, how much they need your split, and how much they like you personally based on your app

If you are at or above both medians, your chances are good and you should expect some $$.

Ithought that maybe they didnt because the other popular probability calculator ask if your a URM or not, I was hoping the results posted on LSAC targeted at traditional applicants. Like many Im freaked over what I suspect is a poor performance on the lsat last week. I certienly hope i will surprise myself, thanks for the responses though nonetheless.

Nova

Postby Nova » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:23 am

Steve2207 wrote:Ithought that maybe they didnt because the other popular probability calculator ask if your a URM or not, I was hoping the results posted on LSAC targeted at traditional applicants. Like many Im freaked over what I suspect is a poor performance on the lsat last week. I certienly hope i will surprise myself, thanks for the responses though nonetheless.

LSACs calculator is notoriously known for being overly pessimistic. Dont worry!

Steve2207

Postby Steve2207 » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:32 am

Nova wrote:
Steve2207 wrote:Ithought that maybe they didnt because the other popular probability calculator ask if your a URM or not, I was hoping the results posted on LSAC targeted at traditional applicants. Like many Im freaked over what I suspect is a poor performance on the lsat last week. I certienly hope i will surprise myself, thanks for the responses though nonetheless.

LSACs calculator is notoriously known for being overly pessimistic. Dont worry!

I wondered about that because I know a girl that graduated from my school in the same degree type as me that recieved an acceptance from IU indy, and she had only a 152 lsat (and isnt a URM). LSAC says there lowest score was 154 last year, but then again she withdrew, so that could explain it.

PDaddy

Postby PDaddy » Sun Oct 14, 2012 12:47 am

VasaVasori wrote:There aren't enough URM admits applicants for it to change your expectations significantly, but as far as I know LSAC's calculator does include URM's. I recommend using lawschoolnumbers.com/mylsn.info.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”