Most Conservative T-14 Law Schools

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Which T-14 Schools are the Most Conservative?

University of Chicago
24%
NYU
5%
UC Berkeley
10%
University of Pennsylvania
2%
University of Virginia
32%
University of Michigan-Ann Arbor
1%
Duke University
15%
Northwestern University
3%
Georgetown University
4%
Cornell University
3%

Total votes: 337

smaug_

Re: Most Conservative T-14 Law Schools

Postby smaug_ » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:37 pm

bizzybone1313 wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
you seem dumb.

I can't be that dumb; I graduated Magma Cum Laude from undergrad.

This has been a pretty good flame. You kinda backed yourself in a corner here, though. You have what would obviously be a stellar GPA. You also left off HYSC implying that you don't have a shot there. What LSAT would you need to have to have a shot at C but still get you into N? A 160 would get you there.

So, yeah, props for being one of the better flames in a while.

bizzybone1313

Postby bizzybone1313 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 6:45 pm

hibiki wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
you seem dumb.

This has been a pretty good flame. You kinda backed yourself in a corner here, though. You have what would obviously be a stellar GPA. You also left off HYSC implying that you don't have a shot there. What LSAT would you need to have to have a shot at C but still get you into N? A 160 would get you there.

So, yeah, props for being one of the better flames in a while.

I am not a flame. I promise. My ultimate goal is Harvard, Stanford or Columbia. I do not care for Yale all that much. I know most of TLS does not put Columbia in the same league as YHS, but I do. Why would I respond to all of these posts if I was a flame? I honest to goodness wanted to know what was the most conservative T-14. I also have to be realistic though. It is very difficult to get into YHSC for anyone, so I need to have a backup plan. I wouldn't care if Harvard was the most conservative university in the country. I would still attend because of its lay prestige. Harvard is my top choice. The poll only allows ten entries, so I had to leave the most elite schools off.

Blessedassurance

Postby Blessedassurance » Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:01 pm

hibiki wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
you seem dumb.

Magna in this context doesn't tell us a great deal. I wouldn't go as far as calling 3.54(?) exceptional. Undergrad is largely a joke. OP has in essence, designated himself/herself as the spokesperson of minorities for reasons largely unknown and proceeded to write off schools based on a perverted definition of conservatism.

You're not going to find the sort of overt racism you're worried about anywhere in the T14 (isolated incidences excepted). In fact most of the minorities you meet in the T14 are going to act damn uppity anyways. This is not to say you wouldn't find subtle racism. That's another matter.

Also, grow up. What are you going to do come OCI, try to avoid "conservative" firms?

alwayssunnyinfl

Postby alwayssunnyinfl » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:20 pm

lol at uppity

indo

Postby indo » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:40 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
beachbum wrote:Here at Duke, we're not racist. But we're also not very tolerant of objectively awful people. So you can go ahead and scratch us off that old list of yours, OP. Thanks.

Edit: Also, lol @ Virginia being "the Deep South."

I don't really understand what in my posts would make me an awful person. I do not care for Duke too much anyways; I am not missing out. I get along just fine with most people. I simply have a very low tolerance for racism. The Republican Party will eventually get the point that subtle racism doesn't fly with us as we continue to thump them at the polls around the country election after election. They will get the point. I promise.

I know a lot of racist Democrats.

+1

Black, Hispanic and asian are racist too. All races are racist too

Bildungsroman

Postby Bildungsroman » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:45 pm

Don't listen to them, OP. I encourage you not to attend UChicago.

ph14

Postby ph14 » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:50 pm

Blessedassurance wrote:
hibiki wrote:
bizzybone1313 wrote:
Blessedassurance wrote:
you seem dumb.

Magna in this context doesn't tell us a great deal. I wouldn't go as far as calling 3.54(?) exceptional. Undergrad is largely a joke. OP has in essence, designated himself/herself as the spokesperson of minorities for reasons largely unknown and proceeded to write off schools based on a perverted definition of conservatism.

You're not going to find the sort of overt racism you're worried about anywhere in the T14 (isolated incidences excepted). In fact most of the minorities you meet in the T14 are going to act damn uppity anyways. This is not to say you wouldn't find subtle racism. That's another matter.

Also, grow up. What are you going to do come OCI, try to avoid "conservative" firms?

This is not uncommon at all.

Xifeng

Postby Xifeng » Sun Oct 21, 2012 9:52 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:Don't listen to them, OP. I encourage you not to attend UChicago.

:lol:

Swimp

Postby Swimp » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:11 am

Blessedassurance wrote:http://www.cnn.com/interactive/2012/03/world/mauritania.slaverys.last.stronghold/index.html

Man, the way the beginning of that article is set up, I thought it was gonna be like an Internet picture book. I guess not even CNN is ready to dumb down their content that far yet.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”