Page 1 of 1

What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm
by cd7573
So many comments are coming up that only HYS are worth paying sticker. Many say any school outside the T6 is not worth it at sticker. My question is can a distinction be drawn between borrowing sticker price of attendance vs having to pay sticker price but not having to borrow sticker cost of attendance due to parental contributions?

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:55 pm
by gaud
cd7573 wrote:So many comments are coming up that only HYS are worth paying sticker. Many say any school outside the T6 is not worth it at sticker. My question is can a distinction be drawn between borrowing sticker price of attendance vs having to pay sticker price but not having to borrow sticker cost of attendance due to parental contributions?


Of course

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm
by dingbat
it's better for you if you don't have to pay, but worse for your parents.
If your parents are rich, then by all means let them pay for it and be happy
If they're not rich, but helping you anyway, do you want to waste their money?

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm
by cd7573
Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm
by gaud
cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?


That's not quite what dingbat meant and you should know this.

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm
by rinkrat19
cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

It depends on how much money they have, duh. Can they pay $X toward your education without risking a life of poverty and homelessness? Or would they be mortgaging their house, selling their investments and cashing out their retirement plans to do it?

Basically what people mean is that you should only let your parents pay as much as they can afford to just straight-up lose (which is what will happen if you don't get a decent job out of School XYZ), and not have it affect their quality of life.

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 pm
by HeavenWood
rinkrat19 wrote:
cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

It depends on how much money they have, duh. Can they pay $X toward your education without risking a life of poverty and homelessness? Or would they be mortgaging their house, selling their investments and cashing out their retirement plans to do it?

Basically what people mean is that you should only let your parents pay as much as they can afford to just straight-up lose (which is what will happen if you don't get a decent job out of School XYZ), and not have it affect their quality of life.

I wonder how many parents actually do this.

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 pm
by hurrican
They paying stickers are mainly pasted on different selling products likes on departmental stores, on toy boxes etc..... against which price is to be paid....... However, these stickers may play an important role in the way of price awareness amongst the general public when they would like to buy any product..

STICKER SPAM

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Posted: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm
by Bronte
hurrican wrote:They paying stickers are mainly pasted on different selling products likes on departmental stores, on toy boxes etc..... against which price is to be paid....... However, these stickers may play an important role in the way of price awareness amongst the general public when they would like to buy any product..

STICKER SPAM


Lol.