What do we mean by paying sticker?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
cd7573
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby cd7573 » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:32 pm

So many comments are coming up that only HYS are worth paying sticker. Many say any school outside the T6 is not worth it at sticker. My question is can a distinction be drawn between borrowing sticker price of attendance vs having to pay sticker price but not having to borrow sticker cost of attendance due to parental contributions?

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby gaud » Sat Oct 06, 2012 7:55 pm

cd7573 wrote:So many comments are coming up that only HYS are worth paying sticker. Many say any school outside the T6 is not worth it at sticker. My question is can a distinction be drawn between borrowing sticker price of attendance vs having to pay sticker price but not having to borrow sticker cost of attendance due to parental contributions?


Of course

User avatar
dingbat
Posts: 4976
Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:12 pm

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby dingbat » Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:06 pm

it's better for you if you don't have to pay, but worse for your parents.
If your parents are rich, then by all means let them pay for it and be happy
If they're not rich, but helping you anyway, do you want to waste their money?

cd7573
Posts: 26
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 2:43 pm

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby cd7573 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:12 pm

Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

User avatar
gaud
Posts: 5790
Joined: Sat Feb 05, 2011 2:58 am

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby gaud » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:13 pm

cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?


That's not quite what dingbat meant and you should know this.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13912
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby rinkrat19 » Sun Oct 07, 2012 7:20 pm

cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

It depends on how much money they have, duh. Can they pay $X toward your education without risking a life of poverty and homelessness? Or would they be mortgaging their house, selling their investments and cashing out their retirement plans to do it?

Basically what people mean is that you should only let your parents pay as much as they can afford to just straight-up lose (which is what will happen if you don't get a decent job out of School XYZ), and not have it affect their quality of life.

HeavenWood
Posts: 2915
Joined: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:42 pm

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Oct 07, 2012 8:58 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:
cd7573 wrote:Offsetting the cost at a MVP school would be a waste of money?

It depends on how much money they have, duh. Can they pay $X toward your education without risking a life of poverty and homelessness? Or would they be mortgaging their house, selling their investments and cashing out their retirement plans to do it?

Basically what people mean is that you should only let your parents pay as much as they can afford to just straight-up lose (which is what will happen if you don't get a decent job out of School XYZ), and not have it affect their quality of life.

I wonder how many parents actually do this.

hurrican
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:11 pm

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby hurrican » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:19 pm

They paying stickers are mainly pasted on different selling products likes on departmental stores, on toy boxes etc..... against which price is to be paid....... However, these stickers may play an important role in the way of price awareness amongst the general public when they would like to buy any product..

STICKER SPAM

User avatar
Bronte
Posts: 2128
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:44 pm

Re: What do we mean by paying sticker?

Postby Bronte » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:22 pm

hurrican wrote:They paying stickers are mainly pasted on different selling products likes on departmental stores, on toy boxes etc..... against which price is to be paid....... However, these stickers may play an important role in the way of price awareness amongst the general public when they would like to buy any product..

STICKER SPAM


Lol.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 2 guests