Indiana Tech Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby JCougar » Wed Sep 21, 2016 3:40 pm

bmathers wrote:

That would be pretty cool to be the only lawyer ever from Indiana Tech.


First this one person has to actually get a job as a lawyer, which of course may not happen.

User avatar
bmathers
Posts: 719
Joined: Mon Feb 22, 2016 2:27 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby bmathers » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:10 pm

JCougar wrote:
bmathers wrote:

That would be pretty cool to be the only lawyer ever from Indiana Tech.


First this one person has to actually get a job as a lawyer, which of course may not happen.

If all else fails, this person can go solo and help out his/her classmates when they need a lawyer. Great networking opportunity.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10990
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Sep 21, 2016 4:47 pm

JCougar wrote:
bmathers wrote:

That would be pretty cool to be the only lawyer ever from Indiana Tech.


First this one person has to actually get a job as a lawyer, which of course may not happen.


Technically he'll be a lawyer as soon as he's sworn in. An unemployed lawyer, but a lawyer.

joeyc328
Posts: 102
Joined: Thu Jan 12, 2012 6:54 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby joeyc328 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 10:14 am


cavalier1138
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Mar 25, 2016 8:01 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby cavalier1138 » Mon Sep 26, 2016 1:05 pm



"'I understand it’s your job and the media’s job to make law schools look bad, but you overlooked in your zeal to make us look bad that you hurt young men and women trying to take the bar,' Cercone said. 'Now these people will be branded for the rest of their careers.'"

He's smart enough to grasp the irony, right? Right?

Jesus.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Sep 26, 2016 2:21 pm

Charles Cercone is the embodiment of everything wrong with Legal Education. Former Biglawyer who becomes Dean of Faculty at Cooley and then moves onto the next scam to siphon money from taxpayers to themselves through the conduit of ill-informed law students taking on 6 figure, life-altering debt. The recent implosion of ITT Tech gives me some hope that some of these people will face justice down the line.

Lacoste
Posts: 54
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2014 8:27 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby Lacoste » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:18 am


User avatar
pancakes3
Posts: 3907
Joined: Sun Jul 20, 2014 2:49 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby pancakes3 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:44 am

dominoes

User avatar
LibertyKoko
Posts: 107
Joined: Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:35 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby LibertyKoko » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:30 pm

Looks like Valparaiso is about to get some new students

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby JCougar » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:35 pm

One reason to celebrate.

It's going to take about 75-100 other law schools to follow for this farce to be put at an end, though.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15495
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby Tiago Splitter » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:41 pm

Congrats guys high fives all around. Four long years of work paying off.

Winter is Coming
Posts: 301
Joined: Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:51 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby Winter is Coming » Mon Oct 31, 2016 1:57 pm

Wow. never thought I'd see the day. Love how the primary focus is just "we're bleeding cash." Hope the students figure something out. Although anything is probably better than what was going to happen at Indiana Tech.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 2:09 pm

If any Indy Tech students stumble upon this thread, please research your options for discharging federal loans under a closed school discharge. Know that although you might think it is better to stick it out at Indy Tech and try to transfer your credits, no school is likely to accept them, any school that does is probably not worth going to, and your chances of passing the bar and getting a decent legal job are not going to go up very much if you transfer. Consider this your free pass.

User avatar
nealric
Posts: 2391
Joined: Fri Sep 25, 2009 9:53 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby nealric » Mon Oct 31, 2016 3:03 pm

Wow. Must be some sort of record to go from provisionally accredited to closed in under a year.

I remember when this school open being incredulous that anybody thought opening another law school in Indiana was a good idea. And here we are... Sad for those who thought this school would give them a chance at the dream.

User avatar
JCougar
Posts: 3175
Joined: Tue Dec 30, 2008 8:47 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby JCougar » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:07 pm

Winter is Coming wrote:Wow. never thought I'd see the day. Love how the primary focus is just "we're bleeding cash." Hope the students figure something out. Although anything is probably better than what was going to happen at Indiana Tech.


My hope is that this starts to pave the way PR-wise for a number of other schools that are doubtlessly looking at this as an option. This way, they can diffuse responsibility in front of their donors/alumni and say they weren't the first, that the problem is industry-wide, etc.

Once a few more provisionally-accredited schools do this, maybe some T4s will join in, and then hopefully some TTTs.

There's probably a couple of Tier 1 schools that have no business remaining open as well.

crumb cake
Posts: 129
Joined: Tue Jun 23, 2015 7:36 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby crumb cake » Mon Oct 31, 2016 4:29 pm


User avatar
cron1834
Posts: 1920
Joined: Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:36 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby cron1834 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:27 pm

The right end to a shameful story.

Edit - that some faculty members and administrators are complaining suggests that they are truly despicable vampires (fitting given the date)

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby North » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:32 pm

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOL

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby jingosaur » Mon Oct 31, 2016 7:51 pm

First NY to 180k and then this? What a year for TLS online activism!!!! Great work everybody

curry1
Posts: 352
Joined: Fri May 15, 2015 11:41 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby curry1 » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:20 pm

jingosaur wrote:First NY to 180k and then this? What a year for TLS online activism!!!! Great work everybody



still waiting for 190

User avatar
jingosaur
Posts: 2214
Joined: Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:33 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby jingosaur » Mon Oct 31, 2016 10:21 pm

curry1 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:First NY to 180k and then this? What a year for TLS online activism!!!! Great work everybody



still waiting for 190


Seems like 50 something pages is what a thread needs for real change to happen.

User avatar
haus
Posts: 2835
Joined: Wed Aug 18, 2010 11:07 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby haus » Mon Oct 31, 2016 11:20 pm

jingosaur wrote:
curry1 wrote:
jingosaur wrote:First NY to 180k and then this? What a year for TLS online activism!!!! Great work everybody



still waiting for 190


Seems like 50 something pages is what a thread needs for real change to happen.

50 something pages, eh? I think we may be in for some interesting news on the #2/HB pencil front anytime now!

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=206480

User avatar
A. Nony Mouse
Posts: 22842
Joined: Tue Sep 25, 2012 11:51 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby A. Nony Mouse » Tue Nov 01, 2016 9:29 am

JCougar wrote:
Winter is Coming wrote:Wow. never thought I'd see the day. Love how the primary focus is just "we're bleeding cash." Hope the students figure something out. Although anything is probably better than what was going to happen at Indiana Tech.


My hope is that this starts to pave the way PR-wise for a number of other schools that are doubtlessly looking at this as an option. This way, they can diffuse responsibility in front of their donors/alumni and say they weren't the first, that the problem is industry-wide, etc.

Once a few more provisionally-accredited schools do this, maybe some T4s will join in, and then hopefully some TTTs.

There's probably a couple of Tier 1 schools that have no business remaining open as well.

I really doubt this will spread to schools that are already accredited. I agree that fewer law schools would be a good thing, I just don't think Indiana Tech failing is going to serve as any kind of PR tipping point because currently established schools won't see themselves in Indiana Tech's position. If there are others that are bleeding cash, they may well close, but I don't think accredited/established schools will see the closure of a 4-year-old school in a state that already has 4 law schools and a tiny market (or a bigger one if you count Chicago but then there are many many more competing schools) as having anything to do with them.

User avatar
MarkinKansasCity
Posts: 10990
Joined: Thu Jun 14, 2012 10:18 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby MarkinKansasCity » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:16 am

bmathers wrote:

That would be pretty cool to be the only lawyer ever from Indiana Tech.


Apparently this guy's resume is really going to set him apart. Seems more relevant now.

User avatar
blueapple
Posts: 118
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 10:56 am

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby blueapple » Wed Nov 02, 2016 9:31 am

A couple of students interviewed here: http://www.wfyi.org/news/articles/india ... ents-react




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: besitos and 3 guests