Indiana Tech Law School

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sims1

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Postby sims1 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 10:19 am

ManoftheHour wrote:
Cicero76 wrote:Did you guys know that ITTTT Law has binding early decision? I just found it on their website. That blows my mind. With their admissions standards, is it even possible for there to be an advantage to applying ED? It's not like they can lower their requirements any further for you.

But bro, it's free. Also, your deposit is only $300 instead of $400. If you knew ITTTT was your first choice, wouldn't you want to save $100?

"The benefit to applying under our binding early decision program is the opportunity to secure your seat months before regular applicants will be able to do so, to be considered among a smaller pool of applicants, and the reduced deposit fee of one $300 seat deposit rather than two deposits totaling $400."

ETA: Actually, that shit doesn't make sense at all. Don't these deposits go towards the tuition that you will (and have to) be paying anyway? Eventually you'd have to pony up for that $100 anyway right? Dafuq.

Time value of money biatch.

That $100 in a portfolio with an annualized yield of 7% over 6 months is $3.50. That's bank compared to the negative income of an indebted, unemployed ITTTTT grad.

nightcheese

Postby nightcheese » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:06 pm

Hell, using that money to buy $100 worth of scratch-offs would yield a better return than a law degree from ITTTT.

Future Student wrote:I am looking forward to starting this journey with you all. So, I am listening to parodies about law school on Youtube. LOL.

How fitting. You're about to attend what is essentially a law school parody.

Are we 100% certain this school is NOT an elaborate joke? Maybe someone with a lot of money to burn hired some actors to play the students and faculty. The website is actually some design student's thesis project. Even the school building is fake--there are two finished rooms for the promotional photos, and the rest of the interior is just framework and plywood. pond cummings is real, though. You can't make up people like him.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:17 pm

nightcheese wrote:Hell, using that money to buy $100 worth of scratch-offs would yield a better return than a law degree from ITTTT.

Future Student wrote:I am looking forward to starting this journey with you all. So, I am listening to parodies about law school on Youtube. LOL.

Are we 100% certain this school is NOT an elaborate joke? Maybe someone with a lot of money to burn hired some actors to play the students and faculty. The website is actually some design student's thesis project. Even the school building is fake--there are two finished rooms for the promotional photos, and the rest of the interior is just framework and plywood. pond cummings is real, though. You can't make up people like him.

pond scummings is the biggest parody of all.

goldenflash19

Postby goldenflash19 » Tue Aug 05, 2014 12:19 pm

nightcheese wrote:Hell, using that money to buy $100 worth of scratch-offs would yield a better return than a law degree from ITTTT.

Maybe it's the law school version of the South Harmon Institute of Technology from the movie Accepted. I think that the movie took place in Indiana, too...

serdog

Postby serdog » Thu Aug 07, 2014 12:32 am

I want to apply so I can put an acceptance letter from the elite institution next to my law degree

shockingly_cavalier

Postby shockingly_cavalier » Thu Aug 07, 2014 9:55 pm

Someone in the c/o 2017 Facebook group wants to make it private. :( I have been checking it daily for entertainment.

soxbox55

Postby soxbox55 » Thu Aug 07, 2014 11:26 pm

Wait this school is real? I'm new to the forums but I really thought it was a parody or something

nightcheese

Postby nightcheese » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:16 pm

shockingly_cavalier wrote:Someone in the c/o 2017 Facebook group wants to make it private. :( I have been checking it daily for entertainment.

Only one like so far. Hopefully they'll keep it open. But even if they do make it private, at least we still have the school's official facebook page.

Speaking of which, they posted their newest viewbook the other day: http://issuu.com/indianatech/docs/india ... iewbook_20

Some thoughts:
1) So many empty seats. It's kind of amazing how the photographer strategically placed the students to make the classes look as full as possible, while simultaneously drawing attention to how this school is practically a ghost town.

2) If you thought his name was ridiculous, take a look at his signature: http://i.imgur.com/JbeU3AG.png

3) Page 30: "The Law School makes no representation to any applicant that it will be approved by the American Bar Association prior to the graduation of any matriculating student." LOL. They put this in a very light font color on a white background (how sneaky) but it's right there in the promotional material. If you read this and still think enrolling is a good idea, you are beyond delusional.

beepboopbeep

Postby beepboopbeep » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:25 pm

nightcheese wrote:
shockingly_cavalier wrote:Someone in the c/o 2017 Facebook group wants to make it private. :( I have been checking it daily for entertainment.

Only one like so far. Hopefully they'll keep it open. But even if they do make it private, at least we still have the school's official facebook page.

Speaking of which, they posted their newest viewbook the other day: http://issuu.com/indianatech/docs/india ... iewbook_20

Some thoughts:
1) So many empty seats. It's kind of amazing how the photographer strategically placed the students to make the classes look as full as possible, while simultaneously drawing attention to how this school is practically a ghost town.

2) If you thought his name was ridiculous, take a look at his signature: http://i.imgur.com/JbeU3AG.png

3) Page 30: "The Law School makes no representation to any applicant that it will be approved by the American Bar Association prior to the graduation of any matriculating student." LOL. They put this in a very light font color on a white background (how sneaky) but it's right there in the promotional material. If you read this and still think enrolling is a good idea, you are beyond delusional.

Was the designer an indy tech student? I mean, Museo for header AND body font... hope they paid for it.

Also enjoyed "Moot Court and Mock Trial teams will also be a part of our active student community" section. So... they're using the non-existence (but future existence) of two groups (that again, don't exist yet) to advertise how active their student body is/will be?

xylocarp

Postby xylocarp » Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:34 pm

beepboopbeep wrote:Was the designer an indy tech student? I mean, Museo for header AND body font... hope they paid for it.

I didn't even know where to start with the design issues in that thing, but this works. The "A Matter of Facts" page is also particularly horrifying.

nightcheese

Postby nightcheese » Fri Aug 08, 2014 1:07 pm

xylocarp wrote:
beepboopbeep wrote:Was the designer an indy tech student? I mean, Museo for header AND body font... hope they paid for it.

I didn't even know where to start with the design issues in that thing, but this works. The "A Matter of Facts" page is also particularly horrifying.

What, you mean you don't like massive amounts of white space, low contrast, and hatching effects?

Part of my job involves design work. Our client base is primarily 50+, so thankfully there's no pressure to be "trendy" and use tiny typeface on light backgrounds. I have decent vision, and even I have a hard time reading that shit.

Tomasz

Postby Tomasz » Fri Aug 08, 2014 2:57 pm

they project 350 students on page 14 but on the same page say their charter class was 26

Not very promising.

For comparison, UC Irvine's charter class size was targeted at 50-80 and they got 56. Their 2nd class was supposed to be 80-100 they got 83.

masked kavana

Postby masked kavana » Fri Aug 08, 2014 3:04 pm

Number of law schools in Fort Wayne: 1

Because I tech beat them all.

unodostres

Postby unodostres » Thu Aug 14, 2014 8:40 pm

Reading through the admitted students feed is sad. They seem like super nice people. They are going to get fucking railed. Fuck this school and this game.

hiima3L

Postby hiima3L » Fri Aug 15, 2014 2:31 am

unodostres wrote:Reading through the admitted students feed is sad. They seem like super nice people. They are going to get fucking railed. Fuck this school and this game.

I have no sympathy. 10 minutes on Google lets anyone know what a joke the place is.

joeyc328

Postby joeyc328 » Fri Aug 15, 2014 1:33 pm

nightcheese wrote:

Some thoughts:

Girl on 33 might be the best thing this school has going for it

Lacoste

Postby Lacoste » Tue Aug 19, 2014 2:10 pm

Im from here, really, the city is nothing special. Not worth the money to attend IT.

daleearnhardt123

Postby daleearnhardt123 » Fri Aug 22, 2014 7:23 pm

Updates? Class size? Info must be out there somewhere.

Postby 03152016 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:58 pm

Indiana Tech Law School is welcoming its second class of students and proceeding with the process to become accredited by the American Bar Association.

Interim dean andré douglas pond cummings said the incoming class will have about 30 students with a median LSAT score of 148. Students in this second class, he said, are coming from undergraduate institutions as diverse as Princeton University, University of Pennsylvania and Weber State University along with schools throughout Indiana including Ball State University, DePauw University and IU Bloomington.

The interim dean also said the law school’s accreditation application “looks excellent,” and an ABA team is scheduled to visit Sept. 14 through 17.

http://www.theindianalawyer.com/members ... icle/34969

ilikebaseball

Postby ilikebaseball » Mon Aug 25, 2014 7:59 pm

If you went to Princeton UG and would even consider IT I dont feel sorry for you one bit

Cicero76

Postby Cicero76 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 9:50 pm

Princeton AND UPenn

Solid recruiting gotta admit

Postby 03152016 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:32 pm

it's like having a one night stand with aubrey plaza but you can only finish with ruth bader ginsberg

ymmv

Postby ymmv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 10:44 pm

ilikebaseball wrote:If you went to Princeton UG and would even consider IT I dont feel sorry for you one bit

Seriously wtf is that.

ManoftheHour

Postby ManoftheHour » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:02 pm

ymmv wrote:
ilikebaseball wrote:If you went to Princeton UG and would even consider IT I dont feel sorry for you one bit

Seriously wtf is that.

Postby 03152016 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:15 pm

according to their 509s they had 27 matrics last year with a 146 median
this year they're up 3 matrics and up 2 points on the lsat median
don't want to overanalyze what may be statistical noise
but despite the fact that ittttls is a dumpster fire that is doomed to failure, i think we're seeing people respond to their pricing model ("low" tuition + mass mailing free rides)
i mean, honestly, why else would anyone attend this toilet
so it seems prospective students are paying attention to coa
i'd hope that other law schools might see this and recognize that more students are watching the bottom line and the tuition arms race needs to end (the legal academy having a modicum of self-awareness is a ludicrous proposition, i know)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”