Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Platinum

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by 03152016 » Sun May 04, 2014 11:26 pm

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Mon May 05, 2014 4:42 am

Our application will remain open until July 31, 2014 and orientation begins on August 20, 2014.

No shame.

ManoftheHour

Gold

Post by ManoftheHour » Mon May 05, 2014 4:50 am

Indiana TTTTech wrote:1-855-TECH.LAW
lol, a period in a phone number.

Caesar Salad

Diamond

Post by Caesar Salad » Mon May 05, 2014 11:08 am

*clap* *clap* *clap*

Just read this whole thread, died.

The Dark Shepard

Bronze

Post by The Dark Shepard » Mon May 05, 2014 11:37 am

mewalke1 wrote:
Our application will remain open until July 31, 2014 and orientation begins on August 20, 2014.

No shame.
Sadly they aren't the only ones who do this. Last summer I got a bajillion emails from TTTTs to "enroll for Fall 2013". Charlotte especially kept pushing

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

drawstring

Gold

Post by drawstring » Mon May 05, 2014 5:20 pm

SeriousLehigh wrote:*clap* *clap* *clap*

Just read this whole thread, died.
It's my favorite thread on the forum.

mewalke1

Bronze

Post by mewalke1 » Tue May 06, 2014 5:51 am

quakeroats wrote:Ignore everything the dean said. Nothing about this school's approach is innovative, as demonstrated by his point on teaching ethics earlier. Ethics is an insufferable class that everyone eventually takes at all or nearly all American law schools. The students think it's a joke because you learn the model rules of professional conduct which are loose to the point of being silly. The faculty hate teaching it, and it's regularly assigned to the newest/least productive faculty members. Think of it like hazing or punishment for all parties involved. Teaching a worthless course a year earlier won't matter to you, and it won't matter to employers who aren't going to be impressed that you were forced to take a required course a year early.

Law school is an exercise in signaling. The school takes your money and in return provides you with a credential you can then take to employers for some kind of value. I don't know what you'd pay here, but I'm willing to bet that when you add in what you'll lose by not working for 3 years, the price is well over $200k. The degree you'll get in return won't get you a job worth that even if you do quite well. Notre Dame has 40% of their class unemployed and a substantial percentage underemployed. They're the best law school in the state and you still shouldn't go there. This new school will be the newest school in the state, and employers like to hire for the most prestigious schools possible. Do I really have to spell out what that will mean for your ability to get a job, when almost half the kids at Notre Dame paid hundreds of thousands to end up with nothing?

But don't take my word for it, here's a law school professor:

"Indiana, which contains 2% of the US population, already has four ABA-accredited law schools, including two "top 30" institutions, both of which feature legal unemployment rates for their grads of around 40%, and which are currently placing only 20% to 25% of their graduates in firms of more than ten attorneys.

Chutzpah has been defined as murdering your parents and then pleading for mercy because you're an orphan. How about setting up another legal diploma mill in a hyper-saturated market, while claiming that what will set your school apart is its emphasis on "ethics" and "professionalism?"

Of course none of this is going to keep the ABA Section of Legal Education from accrediting this absurdity after the requisite site visits and other bureaucratic hoop-jumping. And until something changes nothing is going to stop the school from trolling the internet for victims future lawyers paying customers, who will fund this latest foray into professional school carnival barking via a combination of the generosity of the U.S. taxpayer and their endlessly naive willingness to believe people like Peter Alexander, Dean and Professor of Law."

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... -week.html

Edit: with tuition at 30k a year for the first year and typical increases of 2k a year while you're in school, you'll pay 96k in tuition and say 60k in living expenses. You'll lose out on say 90k in income lost over three years by not working and the fees and interest you'll pay on your loans will total to around 15k while you're in school. That's a total cost to you of $255,000 give or take 20k.
This post deserves to be bumped.

Ditka747

New

Post by Ditka747 » Wed May 07, 2014 11:14 am

http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/ ... 94911.html

Looks like they have lots of room to stretch out.

Tiago Splitter

Diamond

Post by Tiago Splitter » Wed May 07, 2014 11:18 am

Ditka747 wrote:http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/ ... 94911.html

a.d.p.c. furious that they wrote his name in all caps and left out the douglas and the pond.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ricky-Bobby

Silver

Post by Ricky-Bobby » Wed May 07, 2014 2:06 pm

Ditka747 wrote:http://www.indianasnewscenter.com/news/ ... 94911.html

This changes EVERYTHING. The student who lacked the critical thinking skills to stay away from ITTTTech doesn't think she could have gotten near the same experience at other law schools.

Also, I know it's been asked before, but does anyone know how this cycle is going for TTTTech? Are they destroying even their most wildly optimistic projections and looking at a 40-person class?

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Wed May 07, 2014 2:20 pm

So, the school only had 28 matriculants this year, and if they only get 15-20 next year, will they admit defeat and close up shop or try to stick it out? According to their website, 8 of these poor souls are paying sticker and will most likely be over $150k in the hole for a degree from a joke of a school that may not even allow them to sit for the bar. I wonder if any of these students have begun to realize how royally f***ed they are yet. For a small school with only a $41M endowment, this law school must be bleeding the university dry. But hey, at least they've got the most renowned hip-hop scholar of all time, and maybe he can convince them that being broke and desperate isn't all that bad because "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems," ya know?

JCougar

Gold

Post by JCougar » Wed May 07, 2014 2:28 pm

rwhyAn wrote:So, the school only had 28 matriculants this year, and if they only get 15-20 next year, will they admit defeat and close up shop or try to stick it out? According to their website, 8 of these poor souls are paying sticker and will most likely be over $150k in the hole for a degree from a joke of a school that may not even allow them to sit for the bar. I wonder if any of these students have begun to realize how royally f***ed they are yet. For a small school with only a $41M endowment, this law school must be bleeding the university dry. But hey, at least they've got the most renowned hip-hop scholar of all time, and maybe he can convince them that being broke and desperate isn't all that bad because "Mo' Money, Mo' Problems," ya know?
In any non-corrupt country, the people who started this law school would be arrested for fraud.

Here it's called "non-profit."

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Wed May 07, 2014 3:02 pm

With 28 students per class, you could get by with only 1 or 2 professors per class (make them teach 4 classes a semester), so you really wouldn't need more than 3-6 total. Let's say 5 professors total, and one would serve as the Dean simultaneously. They only got 69 applications, so one person could do all of the admissions and administrative stuff. I guess you'd need a law librarian and one IT guy. No need for career services because it's not like these students are going to get legal jerbs anyway, but even if they do, it won't be from the help of career services. You really could run that whole operation on 7-8 people total, yet they have 26 people on their payroll and only 28 students.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Fri May 09, 2014 2:48 pm

rwhyAn wrote:With 28 students per class, you could get by with only 1 or 2 professors per class (make them teach 4 classes a semester), so you really wouldn't need more than 3-6 total. Let's say 5 professors total, and one would serve as the Dean simultaneously. They only got 69 applications, so one person could do all of the admissions and administrative stuff. I guess you'd need a law librarian and one IT guy. No need for career services because it's not like these students are going to get legal jerbs anyway, but even if they do, it won't be from the help of career services. You really could run that whole operation on 7-8 people total, yet they have 26 people on their payroll and only 28 students.
Let's bet on whether Tech will become the first law school in history to have more staff than students. If that happens, I am positive they would spin it to be a good thing.

unodostres

Silver

Post by unodostres » Fri May 09, 2014 3:46 pm

lol what a shit show

AntipodeanPhil

Silver

Post by AntipodeanPhil » Fri May 09, 2014 8:09 pm

hiima3L wrote:
rwhyAn wrote:With 28 students per class, you could get by with only 1 or 2 professors per class (make them teach 4 classes a semester), so you really wouldn't need more than 3-6 total. Let's say 5 professors total, and one would serve as the Dean simultaneously. They only got 69 applications, so one person could do all of the admissions and administrative stuff. I guess you'd need a law librarian and one IT guy. No need for career services because it's not like these students are going to get legal jerbs anyway, but even if they do, it won't be from the help of career services. You really could run that whole operation on 7-8 people total, yet they have 26 people on their payroll and only 28 students.
Let's bet on whether Tech will become the first law school in history to have more staff than students. If that happens, I am positive they would spin it to be a good thing.
If you're talking about more staff than students per class year, it's already happened.

LMU Duncan admitted 13 students (both part-time and full-time) for the 2012-2013 academic year. They appear to have 14 full-time faculty, and 2 adjuncts.

For the 2013-2014 academic year, they admitted an enormous 28 students (both part-time and full-time), for a generous 2:1 ratio.

http://law.lmunet.edu/future-students/c ... formation/

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Sat May 24, 2014 12:08 pm

Dean resigned already. pond cummings named interim dean.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2 ... /140529644

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Crowing

Gold

Post by Crowing » Sat May 24, 2014 12:12 pm

rwhyAn wrote:Dean resigned already. pond cummings named interim dean.

http://www.journalgazette.net/article/2 ... /140529644
"It said andre douglas pond cummings, associate dean for academic affairs and professor of law at the law school, has been named interim dean. He spells his name without capital letters."

LOL

rwhyAn

Bronze

Post by rwhyAn » Sat May 24, 2014 12:15 pm

These students better hope that this school closes before they graduate so that they can get a discharge on their student loans.

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Sat May 24, 2014 2:37 pm

rwhyAn wrote:These students better hope that this school closes before they graduate so that they can get a discharge on their student loans.
If they can't make it work with next year's class, this would be the decent thing to do. The students might be able to retake and start over at another school.

prezidentv8

Gold

Post by prezidentv8 » Sat May 24, 2014 4:47 pm

timbs4339 wrote:this would be the decent thing to do.
As if anyone in charge of a law school cares.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sat May 24, 2014 4:55 pm

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 1:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

Cicero76

Silver

Post by Cicero76 » Sat May 24, 2014 7:39 pm

That article is so good.

"He signs his name without capital letters."--a reputable journalist.

"I'm resigning because I have accomplished all of my goals [of utterly failing to reach my originally stated goals]"--Dean Emeritus Alexander.

Are the students aware of how bad this is yet? They have to stay in until it busts though or else no discharge on their loans...

taxman128

New

Post by taxman128 » Sat May 24, 2014 8:52 pm

curriculum vitae

andré douglas pond cummings

http://law.indianatech.edu/wp-content/u ... ngs-CV.pdf

Synch

Bronze

Post by Synch » Sat May 24, 2014 9:19 pm

taxman128 wrote:curriculum vitae

andré douglas pond cummings

http://law.indianatech.edu/wp-content/u ... ngs-CV.pdf
"Hip Hop and the Law: The Key Writings that Formed the Movement", Editor (Forthcoming, 2014).

C'mon TLS, let's buy a copy. It will be endless entertainment.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”