Indiana Tech Law School Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ymmv

Diamond

Re: Indiana Tech Law School

Post by ymmv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:17 pm

Brut wrote:according to their 509s they had 27 matrics last year with a 146 median
this year they're up 3 matrics and up 2 points on the lsat median
don't want to overanalyze what may be statistical noise
but despite the fact that ittttls is a dumpster fire that is doomed to failure, i think we're seeing people respond to their pricing model ("low" tuition + mass mailing free rides)
i mean, honestly, why else would you attend this toilet
so it seems prospective students are paying attention to coa
i'd hope that other law schools might see this and recognize that more and more students are watching the bottom line and the tuition arms race needs to end (a ludicrous proposition, i know)
Yeah, but far better schools that aren't diploma mills per se also mass mail free rides + stipends, and I can't imagine what would provoke a fucking Princeton graduate to choose this toilet tier dumpster fire over e.g. Rutgers.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:24 pm

speculation, but if i had to guess
i'd say they sent offers to bottom of the barrel ivy grads who wouldn't have gotten money anywhere else bc of their numbers
that way the school can brag about these "top students" in press releases
admits: "hey look, ittttls isn't so bad, look, princeton and penn grads go there!"

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:28 pm

Brut wrote:speculation, but if i had to guess
i'd say they sent offers to bottom of the barrel ivy grads who wouldn't have gotten money anywhere else bc of their numbers
that way the school can brag about these "top students" in press releases
admits: "hey look, ittttls isn't so bad, look, princeton and penn grads go there!"
Is there really any such thing as "bottom of the barrel" at an ivy? They make it virtually impossible not to get A's, and Rutgers-league T3s have been handing out mass mail full rides to anyone with a pulse, GPA be damned anyway.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Mon Aug 25, 2014 11:33 pm

maybs, idk about penn, but princeton is pretty serious about grade deflation
shitty princeton gpa + shitty lsat, maybe the ivy prestige doesn't overcome that
also i assume that most established schools are a little more numbers oriented because they're looking at the rankings
indiana outhouse is just trying to get enough matrics to be viable/accredited

Pneumonia

Gold

Post by Pneumonia » Tue Aug 26, 2014 7:40 am

I wouldn't be surprised if that data is referencing someone who visited the campus for a camp or something rather than a bonafide Princeton UG alum.

If the latter, maybe family circumstance dictated location?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

jk148706

Gold

Post by jk148706 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 8:26 am

Only thing I can think of is maybe some old, rich Princeton grad living near the school went yolo

chuckbass

Platinum

Post by chuckbass » Tue Aug 26, 2014 2:10 pm

Tbf Penn grades pretty low as well depending on the school.

ymmv

Diamond

Post by ymmv » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:29 pm

scottidsntknow wrote:Tbf Penn grades pretty low as well depending on the school.
I'd still like to know how they had the SAT/ACT score necessary for Penn and then managed to score a 148 on the LSAT. I mean yeah obviously there are huge differences but you would think there would be some commensurate skill of standardized test performance :shock:

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Tue Aug 26, 2014 6:32 pm

ymmv wrote:
scottidsntknow wrote:Tbf Penn grades pretty low as well depending on the school.
I'd still like to know how they had the SAT/ACT score necessary for Penn and then managed to score a 148 on the LSAT. I mean yeah obviously there are huge differences but you would think there would be some commensurate skill of standardized test performance :shock:
maybe they didn't get in on the merits, or maybe they didn't prep
when i tutored lsat i had some mediocre students who went to top UGs
they just didn't put in the effort

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

TheSpanishMain

Gold

Post by TheSpanishMain » Tue Aug 26, 2014 11:15 pm

ymmv wrote:
I agree, although you still find the random person who thinks that once you get the JD/bar passage you are set for life, so you might get a reasonably smart person who completely phoned it in on the LSAT and thinks that as long as they get in somewhere they're golden. I'm really reaching though.

hiima3L

Silver

Post by hiima3L » Wed Aug 27, 2014 2:18 am

TheSpanishMain wrote:
ymmv wrote:
I agree, although you still find the random person who thinks that once you get the JD/bar passage you are set for life, so you might get a reasonably smart person who completely phoned it in on the LSAT and thinks that as long as they get in somewhere they're golden. I'm really reaching though.
I wish I could say that this sounds unreasonable, but it does not. Countless people are idiots and assume lawyers = $ no matter what.

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:10 am

Wonder how cummings is doing

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:23 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:00 am, edited 1 time in total.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:25 am

MY SCREEN YOU MOTHERFUCKER

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:25 am

wait wtf no vest?

Mal Reynolds

Diamond

Post by Mal Reynolds » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:27 am

Here's a story someone pm'd me about cummings. Guy sounds like a total asshole. Names changed for anonymity.
COOL DUDE ANON wrote: he did this thing called "stand and deliver" when you were called on. you had to stand the entire fucking time (sometimes it may have been for like an hour) and answer his dipshit questions. and he was real cunty about it, too. super hardcore cold calling.

so, one day, during his civ pro class he cold calls on my friend jerry. jerry doesn't stand. cummings is like, "jerry, STAND and deliver. this is STANDING and DELIVERING." jerry still doesn't stand.

cummings starts walking up the stairs red in the face semi-yelling "STAND and deliver, jerry! STAND AND DELIVER!"

finally, this girl says, "HE'S FUCKING HANDICAPPED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR" (which he is)

cummings partially fell down the stairs.

i still LIRL at that story. so much fun to witness that asshole make a fool of himself

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 am

Oh! So that's what happens when you mate Tom Arnold with Dr. Phil!

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:31 am

C. Each and every student is expected to be prepared for each class session. I will call on students randomly to respond to questions and review assigned cases. If you pass when called upon or are unprepared, as evidenced by an answer that represents significant lack of preparedness, you will be counted absent for that day. I will allow students twice (2 times) during the semester to approach me before class (either through talking with me personally or by leaving a note on the lectern prior to class beginning—(no calls or e.mails)) to admit to not being prepared and I will not call on you during that particular class period. However, if you choose to use this luxury, be on notice that I will likely call upon you a number of times in subsequent class sessions. Please see the “Grading Policy” section of this handout for an explanation on how class participation will be counted toward your final grade.

Notice Regarding Disabilities:
If you have a disability that may affect your performance in this class, please see me, as soon as possible, to discuss necessary accommodations.
http://www.andredouglaspondcummings.com ... l_2009.doc

:|

TTRansfer

Gold

Post by TTRansfer » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:32 am

Mal Reynolds wrote:Here's a story someone pm'd me about cummings. Guy sounds like a total asshole. Names changed for anonymity.
COOL DUDE ANON wrote: he did this thing called "stand and deliver" when you were called on. you had to stand the entire fucking time (sometimes it may have been for like an hour) and answer his dipshit questions. and he was real cunty about it, too. super hardcore cold calling.

so, one day, during his civ pro class he cold calls on my friend jerry. jerry doesn't stand. cummings is like, "jerry, STAND and deliver. this is STANDING and DELIVERING." jerry still doesn't stand.

cummings starts walking up the stairs red in the face semi-yelling "STAND and deliver, jerry! STAND AND DELIVER!"

finally, this girl says, "HE'S FUCKING HANDICAPPED AND IN A WHEELCHAIR" (which he is)

cummings partially fell down the stairs.

i still LIRL at that story. so much fun to witness that asshole make a fool of himself
Brut wrote:
C. Each and every student is expected to be prepared for each class session. I will call on students randomly to respond to questions and review assigned cases. If you pass when called upon or are unprepared, as evidenced by an answer that represents significant lack of preparedness, you will be counted absent for that day. I will allow students twice (2 times) during the semester to approach me before class (either through talking with me personally or by leaving a note on the lectern prior to class beginning—(no calls or e.mails)) to admit to not being prepared and I will not call on you during that particular class period. However, if you choose to use this luxury, be on notice that I will likely call upon you a number of times in subsequent class sessions. Please see the “Grading Policy” section of this handout for an explanation on how class participation will be counted toward your final grade.

Notice Regarding Disabilities:
If you have a disability that may affect your performance in this class, please see me, as soon as possible, to discuss necessary accommodations.
http://www.andredouglaspondcummings.com ... l_2009.doc

:|
Those two posts together . . . :lol:

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:41 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Gold

Post by 20141023 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:54 am

Last edited by 20141023 on Sat Feb 14, 2015 2:01 am, edited 1 time in total.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 2:57 am

looks like we've got ourselves a faulkner in the makings

whitespider

Silver

Post by whitespider » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:00 am

Quite clearly, his mother is a fish.

Platinum

Post by 03152016 » Sat Aug 30, 2014 3:02 am

for your consideration:

https://www.facebook.com/IndianaTechLaw ... sk=reviews

average user rating: 3.9
10 5-star reviews
4 1-star reviews

xylocarp

Platinum

Post by xylocarp » Sat Aug 30, 2014 10:29 am

Brut wrote:Image

looks like we've got ourselves a faulkner in the makings
ljl at "yikes"
Last edited by xylocarp on Mon Jan 29, 2018 6:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”