ITT: THESE SCHOOLS NEED TO CLOSE! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
sunynp

Gold

Re: ITT: THESE SCHOOLS NEED TO CLOSE!

Post by sunynp » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:02 am

I'm in favor of Dayton closing if it keeps my cousin from going there. I'm in favor of New York Law School closing because they are the worst of the worst of the most greedy bastards and they are in my home town.

Other than that, I don't care about schools closing. I want people to get smart enough not to go.

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 am

Still have no idea how this thread has taken off yet again. We all know better but yet the circle jerk continues. SRS THREAD, THOUGH. SPREADSHEET AND E'THING.

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:23 am

bjsesq wrote:Still have no idea how this thread has taken off yet again. We all know better but yet the circle jerk continues. SRS THREAD, THOUGH. SPREADSHEET AND E'THING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rCP4CRRO7E&sns=em

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:25 am

manofjustice wrote:
bjsesq wrote:Still have no idea how this thread has taken off yet again. We all know better but yet the circle jerk continues. SRS THREAD, THOUGH. SPREADSHEET AND E'THING.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2rCP4CRRO7E&sns=em
This is messing with srs bzns.

rad lulz

Platinum

Post by rad lulz » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 am

rad lulz wrote:This thread fucking sucks dick and fuck you OP.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

manofjustice

Silver

Post by manofjustice » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:57 am

rad lulz wrote:
rad lulz wrote:This thread fucking sucks dick and fuck you OP.

princessofpower

New

Post by princessofpower » Sun Sep 23, 2012 1:48 pm

I would argue that the state of Ohio is way oversaturated with law schools. The state already has Case Western, Ohio State, & Cinncinnatti ...Akron, Dayton, Capital all could stand to go.

YankeesFan

Silver

Post by YankeesFan » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:05 am

Tfleming 09- You keep NC Central and get rid of Wake, as in getting rid of the institution that outplaces UNC in biglaw? Even if you get rid of wake, you do it to keep NC Central? WTF?

JCFindley

Silver

Post by JCFindley » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:10 am

InGoodFaith wrote:
HeavenWood wrote: Widener is the only law school in Delaware. I think every state should be allowed at least one, regardless of its quality. Whoops, I've been sucked into this fucktarded thread. Oh well. Just one of those days, I guess.
Seems like you have the same rule as Spider Man.
Excellent FG reference.....

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:12 am

YankeesFan wrote:Tfleming 09- You keep NC Central and get rid of Wake, as in getting rid of the institution that outplaces UNC in biglaw? Even if you get rid of wake, you do it to keep NC Central? WTF?
Cost, dipshit

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:27 am

IMO sutter Michigan, Penn, UVA, Boalt and Cornell. Don't need public schools in the T14, and in Penn's case we don't need pederast schools.

JamMasterJ

Platinum

Post by JamMasterJ » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:24 am

Desert Fox wrote:IMO sutter Michigan, Penn, UVA, Boalt and Cornell. Don't need public schools in the T14, and in Penn's case we don't need pederast schools.
you forgot U Chicago and NYU, breh

Diamond

Post by 09042014 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 10:27 am

JamMasterJ wrote:
Desert Fox wrote:IMO sutter Michigan, Penn, UVA, Boalt and Cornell. Don't need public schools in the T14, and in Penn's case we don't need pederast schools.
you forgot U Chicago and NYU, breh
Those are community colleges bro. Moar value for the money.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

timbs4339

Gold

Post by timbs4339 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 12:59 pm

Too long to quote but +1 tflemings post.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:23 pm

tfleming09 wrote:Quick question - is there a reason that Rhode Island and Delaware don't have state law schools? I assume the markets are just too tiny.

Widener and Roger Williams are FESTERING TTTs, seems like a small cheap law school that's a branch of URI/UD would be easier.
That ship sailed for UDel back in the 70s when Widener bought Delaware Law School (which itself was private). Delaware's a very odd duck as far as legal markets go. It's small, but also extremely lucrative and by far the most important relative to its size.

I'd be all for Widener closing its Harrisburg campus though.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 1:32 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:That ship sailed for UDel back in the 70s when Widener bought Delaware Law School (which itself was private). Delaware's a very odd duck as far as legal markets go. It's small, but also extremely lucrative and by far the most important relative to its size.

I would think Delaware has a bustling sector of corporate/bankruptcy work, but that's probably taken by all T14 bros anyway.
If I'm not mistaken, some of this work is snatched up by fortunate Temple/'Nova/RU-C students as well.

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:17 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:That ship sailed for UDel back in the 70s when Widener bought Delaware Law School (which itself was private). Delaware's a very odd duck as far as legal markets go. It's small, but also extremely lucrative and by far the most important relative to its size.

I would think Delaware has a bustling sector of corporate/bankruptcy work, but that's probably taken by all T14 bros anyway.
It's not. In addition to being a very well-kept secret, ties to the Wilmington Area (or at the very least, Greater Philadelphia), are not essential, but they help significantly. Delaware has gone to very great lengths to keep its legal market insulated from outsiders, which is understandable given its small size and significant corporate presence. That's why Widener doesn't really bother me.

Also, for PA, keep Villanova but close Drexel. PSU is also a good feeder into state government and I think a reduced class size (and a single Carlisle campus) can be justified.
Last edited by HeavenWood on Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:39 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:37 pm

HeavenWood wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:

It's not. In addition to being a very well-kept secret, ties to the Wilmington Area (or at the very least, Greater Philadelphia), are not essential, but they help significantly. Delaware has gone to very great lengths to keep its legal market insulated from outsiders, which is understandable given its small size and significant corporate presence. That's why Widener doesn't really bother me.
It should. (LinkRemoved)

HeavenWood

Gold

Post by HeavenWood » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:42 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote:
tfleming09 wrote:

It should. (LinkRemoved)
Still doesn't bother me. That can be solved by mandating a reduced class size. Widener isn't superfluous as an institution the way Regent or Florida Coastal are.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Sep 24, 2012 4:42 pm

HeavenWood wrote: Still doesn't bother me. That can be solved by mandating a reduced class size. Widener isn't superfluous as an institution the way Regent or Florida Coastal are.
True. I wonder how different legal education would look if the ABA were to do its job well.

jne381

Platinum

Post by jne381 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:43 pm

tfleming09 wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
HeavenWood wrote: Still doesn't bother me. That can be solved by mandating a reduced class size. Widener isn't superfluous as an institution the way Regent or Florida Coastal are.
True. I wonder how different legal education would look if the ABA were to do its job well.
This will never happen as long as the dudes in charge also work as deans of TTTs
It could happen if there were another respectable agency that did accreditation. Then it could be up to the State bar of whatever state to mandate to be admitted to their state bar to have been a graduate from a XXX accredited law school.

That could be forced through a political process, but the trick is to find that association, and finding people who live in whatever state that care enough to sign petitions and get people to vote for it on ballot initiatives.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

bjsesq

Diamond

Post by bjsesq » Mon Sep 24, 2012 5:58 pm

alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Didn't the ABA lose an anti-trust lawsuit that basically hamstrings their ability to do shit about it? Yeah. But no worries, we can make a thread on TLS and SHUT EM ALL DOWN.

justonemoregame

Silver

Post by justonemoregame » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:06 pm

Yeah, there will be many more open for business before anything shuts down. Belmont, UNT-Dallas, Concordia, Indiana Tech, Pressler (shit you've never even HEARD of, brothers, UMass-Dartmouth, Duncan School of Law (Knoxville). There are other proposed law schools - Stony Brook, Binghampton. I wish I could invest my law school loans in those instead of myself.

redsoxfan2495

Bronze

Post by redsoxfan2495 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 6:09 pm

tfleming09 wrote:Quick question - is there a reason that Rhode Island and Delaware don't have state law schools? I assume the markets are just too tiny.

Widener and Roger Williams are FESTERING TTTs, seems like a small cheap law school that's a branch of URI/UD would be easier.
RI doesn't need a law school. The market is tiny and the law schools in MA and CT are more than adequate. If anyone opens a law school in RI it should be Brown.

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Mon Sep 24, 2012 7:25 pm

bjsesq wrote:
alwayssunnyinfl wrote:
Didn't the ABA lose an anti-trust lawsuit that basically hamstrings their ability to do shit about it? Yeah. But no worries, we can make a thread on TLS and SHUT EM ALL DOWN.
I didn't know about this. Why don't people talk about this? Or was it already talked about ad nauseum before my time, and the older, wiser TLSers just let us wallow in our derp?

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”