ED to Northwestern? 3.73 / 173

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
KremeCheez

ED to Northwestern? 3.73 / 173

Postby KremeCheez » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:35 pm

Based on the LSN stats from last year and my extensive (although non-sexy) WE, it appears I have a good shot at the $150k.
All else equal, I would love to stay in Northern CA, but I'm not willing to incur massive debt for Boalt, and figure to have virtually no shot at Stanford.
I have a ton of family in Chicago. The city itself is among my top choices.
My girlfriend (along for the move) is an organic chemist would have strong job prospects in Chicago (as she would in Boston, NorCal, NY and Philly).
As good as an option as the NWU ED seems, it makes me sick to my stomach thinking I may be passing up an opportunity for T6, especially if it came with a bit of $.
Thoughts?

otnemem

Re: ED to Northwestern? 3.73 / 173

Postby otnemem » Thu Sep 20, 2012 3:17 pm

I'd do it. I doubt you would get more than 50k at a CCN, and in my opinion 150k at NW is a better deal.

Ti Malice

Postby Ti Malice » Thu Sep 20, 2012 11:57 pm

otnemem wrote:I'd do it. I doubt you would get more than 50k at a CCN, and in my opinion 150k at NW is a better deal.

Yep.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:08 am

KremeCheez wrote:Based on the LSN stats from last year and my extensive (although non-sexy) WE, it appears I have a good shot at the $150k.
All else equal, I would love to stay in Northern CA, but I'm not willing to incur massive debt for Boalt, and figure to have virtually no shot at Stanford.
My girlfriend (along for the move) is an organic chemist would have strong job prospects in Chicago (as she would in Boston, NorCal, NY and Philly).
As good as an option as the NWU ED seems, it makes me sick to my stomach thinking I may be passing up an opportunity for T6, especially if it came with a bit of $.
Thoughts?

Why not NWU through the regular decision process? I would think that they'd be less inclined to give you a scholarship if you ED

geary86

Postby geary86 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:13 am

Borhas wrote:
KremeCheez wrote:Based on the LSN stats from last year and my extensive (although non-sexy) WE, it appears I have a good shot at the $150k.
Thoughts?

Why not NWU through the regular decision process? I would think that they'd be less inclined to give you a scholarship if you ED

NW gives out $15K($50,000 per year) for all ED admits
http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... ision.html

lilhugsy24

Postby lilhugsy24 » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:14 am

Borhas wrote:

Northwestern's ED acceptance comes with 150K.

Borhas

Postby Borhas » Fri Sep 21, 2012 1:16 am

huh, didn't know about that, seems like a good deal to me

Return to “Choosing a Law School”