How to Find and Evaluate Good LRAP Schools Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
jwinaz

Bronze

How to Find and Evaluate Good LRAP Schools

Post by jwinaz » Thu Sep 20, 2012 2:23 am

I'm interested in:

a.) finding schools with the best LRAP programs

and

b.) learning how to evaluate them

What constitutes a great LRAP program? And would one literally have to ask each and every single specifically or does anyone happen to know of resource that might give a master list of like the best LRAP program schools?

Thanks so much for your time, consideration, and help. I'm sure I'm probably not the only one wondering about this as well! Thank you much in advance! :)

Platinum

Re: How to Find and Evaluate Good LRAP Schools

Post by 2014 » Thu Sep 20, 2012 9:57 am

It's on all of their websites.

Yale's is the best because it allows you to take any job anywhere. So if you go work at some shitty bank job or whatever out of school they don't care and help pay off your loans.

I believe Chicago is next because they have an 80k cap which is relatively high, require only that a job be legal, and most importantly allow you to ignore spousal income so if your husband/wife is making bank you can still qualify.

That is followed by NYU whose policy is basically the same as Chicago's without the spousal benefit.

Just search through their websites, schools love to toot their own horns over LRAP. It's only common in the T25 or so schools though as far as I know. Below that not so much.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”