non-traditional, old, and flighty

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
torion

non-traditional, old, and flighty

Postby torion » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:45 pm

Hello!

I'm currently in medical school and plan to take some time off to pursue a JD for later application in policy etc.

Here are my stats:
29 y/o white male
big public undergrad w/ 3.97GPA in finance/economics, strong elected leadership positions, varsity athlete, scholarships, service, awards, etc.
3 years of work experience in investment banking and management consulting
top postbacc premed program w/ 3.94GPA and community involvement
ivy league medical school with strong elected leadership positions, involvement in med tech start-ups, good transcript

I am wondering what schools I should apply to, and what I need on my LSAT to be competitive...?
Can I be thinking about Stanford, Harvard, Chicago?

Thanks for our help on this!

twenty

Re: non-traditional, old, and flighty

Postby twenty » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:50 pm

With a LSAT in the low 170's, you'll be set for HYS. But dang. Med school + law school for policy? That's a lot of debt to go into med policy. A master's degree in public health policy or something similar should be significantly less expensive, and with your stats, you should have your pick of top programs there, too.

On the other hand, your GPA is good enough you may get several full rides in the Columbia-Northwestern range.

Chickensoup

Postby Chickensoup » Fri Sep 28, 2012 8:14 pm

torion wrote:Hello!

I'm currently in medical school and plan to take some time off to pursue a JD for later application in policy etc.

Here are my stats:
29 y/o white male
big public undergrad w/ 3.97GPA in finance/economics, strong elected leadership positions, varsity athlete, scholarships, service, awards, etc.
3 years of work experience in investment banking and management consulting
top postbacc premed program w/ 3.94GPA and community involvement
ivy league medical school with strong elected leadership positions, involvement in med tech start-ups, good transcript

I am wondering what schools I should apply to, and what I need on my LSAT to be competitive...?
Can I be thinking about Stanford, Harvard, Chicago?

Thanks for our help on this!

You don't exist. 3.97 finance/med/athlete/law superhumans do not exist.

sunynp

Postby sunynp » Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:04 pm

So what career do you want to have eventually? Law school is a waste of time if you don't want to actually practice law.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”