Non Applicable Semester Question

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HeMustBeMagic

Non Applicable Semester Question

Postby HeMustBeMagic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:08 pm

So this is...different and I want a clarification.

i had a VERY bad first semester when I was a biology major (Straight Fs) but have turned my GPA around as you can see in my other thread and changed my major and career goals and so far I'm doing very well. On a whim I applied for what my school has called a "non applicable semester" which voids 1 semester of grades. You have to repeat them if they are required for graduation (IE: used for general education, pre reqs, or needed for the 120 minimum). I did this and didn't expect that I'd get it.

I got it. So those Fs are noted on my transcript as non applicable which severely changes my GPA (2 of the courses I could not repeat because they are no longer offered, so two Fs are now gone)

How does the LSAC view this? Do I need to factor these in? I was told on my official transcript they voice be cross out and with a star pointing to the bottom that as "officially voided from transcript" with a presidents signature and the new grades put under it. Does LSAC still average these two? I'm assuming since they are officially striked (not just repeated) they are not factored but I want to be sure. I know none of you can be SURE but any advice would be awesome.

Thanks

Cerebro

Re: Non Applicable Semester Question

Postby Cerebro » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:19 pm

I'm not sure, but I suspect LSAC will count your Fs. However, you'll find out for sure after they receive and process your transcript.

HeMustBeMagic

Re: Non Applicable Semester Question

Postby HeMustBeMagic » Mon Sep 10, 2012 1:40 pm

Alright thanks! I was just curious if it would help or not since it raises my academic GPA but was curious about how it would affect my LSAC. my LSAT was high so I'll just continue on the schools I already had on my list.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”