ED advantage Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
tpfennin

New

ED advantage

Post by tpfennin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:21 pm

I was looking at LSN ED statistics and I found some of them a bit shocking. We were discussing this in the chances thread but think this is probably a more suitable area for it.

How much of an advantage is ED at UVA and PENN. LSN seems to be showing a pretty substantial % of students getting in there with LSAT that is quite a bit under RD median so long as GPA is near 75%. Is this just an anomaly?

Thanks!

soj

Platinum

Re: ED advantage

Post by soj » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:27 pm

tpfennin wrote:I was looking at LSN ED statistics and I found some of them a bit shocking. We were discussing this in the chances thread but think this is probably a more suitable area for it.

How much of an advantage is ED at UVA and PENN. LSN seems to be showing a pretty substantial % of students getting in there with LSAT that is quite a bit under RD median so long as GPA is near 75%. Is this just an anomaly?

Thanks!
Not an anomaly. ED is huge at those schools. If you're at or above one of the medians, then even if you're quite a bit below the other, you have a strong chance at UVA or Penn if you ED.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:28 pm

soj wrote:
tpfennin wrote:I was looking at LSN ED statistics and I found some of them a bit shocking. We were discussing this in the chances thread but think this is probably a more suitable area for it.

Thanks!
Not an anomaly. ED is huge at those schools. If you're at or above one of the medians, then even if you're quite a bit below the other, you have a strong chance at UVA or Penn if you ED.
With the caveat that UVA is vastly more predictable than Penn with splitters/reverse splitters.

tpfennin

New

Post by tpfennin » Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:21 pm

I just couldnt believe it was as low as 162-164. Guess when u agree to go for sticker they can take some ED that low....

lovejopd

Silver

Post by lovejopd » Mon Aug 20, 2012 7:41 am

This is my only hope.....tagged :mrgreen:

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

iMisto

Silver

Post by iMisto » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:44 pm

Hmm.. thinking about switching my ED...

alwayssunnyinfl

Gold

Post by alwayssunnyinfl » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:49 pm

iMisto wrote:Hmm.. thinking about switching my ED...
Where is it currently?

jenesaislaw

Silver

Post by jenesaislaw » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Keep in mind that you won't be able to negotiate scholarships (if you even get any from the ED). Your only bargaining chip is not going. While admittedly a strong chip these days, I can't see it being worth it for these or any schools.

goden

Gold

Post by goden » Wed Aug 22, 2012 4:56 pm

Switching to where? Penn or UVA?

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

soj

Platinum

Post by soj » Wed Aug 22, 2012 5:10 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:Keep in mind that you won't be able to negotiate scholarships (if you even get any from the ED). Your only bargaining chip is not going. While admittedly a strong chip these days, I can't see it being worth it for these or any schools.
This. If your LSAT is below the median and your GPA is above, don't think "Will ED get me in?" Instead, think "If I retook and got above the LSAT median, all these schools are going to be begging at my feet with $$$."

iMisto

Silver

Post by iMisto » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:45 am

goden wrote:
Switching to where? Penn or UVA?
Penn. I absolutely could NOT live in Virginia. I really want to ED to NYU, but I figure I have a 0% chance there - even with an ED. Just trying to lock myself into the T14.

bmore

Bronze

Post by bmore » Thu Aug 23, 2012 8:49 am

Read the Penn profile on TLS.

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”