Temple U in the Philadelphia job market Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
HeavenWood

Gold

Re: Temple U in the Philadelphia job market

Post by HeavenWood » Tue Aug 14, 2012 4:15 pm

While it's nice to have the additional option of working on the Jersey side of the River, you can't just be "South Jersey or bust," because besides small, <10-attorney standalone shops, you're mostly looking at Philly branch firms, which, if they're hiring at all, are going to have minuscule class sizes. The one exception to this rule, of course, is Archer & Greiner, but even they can't be hiring any more than seven summers. Central and North Jersey offer more options, but I'm not sure how well RU-C students fare competing with their RU-N counterparts. The Trenton/Princeton area is probably more of a free-for-all.

A majority of Burlington/Camden/Gloucester County white collar professionals work in Philadelphia because that's where the jobs are. Law is no exception to this rule.

stressed2010

New

Post by stressed2010 » Tue Aug 28, 2012 10:40 am

Just a word to the wise...make sure you're Top 5%-10% at Temple. Outside of that has been brutal at OCI this year.

shntn

Platinum

Post by shntn » Tue Aug 28, 2012 8:55 pm

My firm has a fair number of associates from the local Philly-area schools, though not so many in the more recent classes. Purely anecdotal, but it does happen.

sprocket

New

Post by sprocket » Wed Aug 29, 2012 6:04 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
Ende wrote:irregardless of where you went to school
Ende wrote:irregardless
Ende wrote:irregardless
:x
Can we be friends? I was so tempted to correct an irate woman who kept saying that.

Gold

Post by 20130312 » Wed Aug 29, 2012 10:46 pm

In general, I don't correct this sort of thing, so that future educated people can distinguish fellow scholars from the ignorant masses.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”