Duke Vs. Cornell

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Bosque

Re: Duke Vs. Cornell

Postby Bosque » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:27 pm

Also:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Lincoln wrote: I think it's false to say being at Duke will get you offers from more firms or more prestigious NYC firms than the same rank at Cornell.

Nobody claimed this. Actually, you claimed the exact opposite. The burden is on you here.

Lincoln

Postby Lincoln » Tue Aug 07, 2012 11:28 pm

FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
CanadianWolf wrote:Need more info. Duke probably offers a better quality of life, better Southern placement &, maybe, more clerkship opportunities. Cornell is better for NYC placement, but the environment seems more stressful.

Why do you say Cornell is better for NYC placement? Will the same firms go deeper into Cornell's class than Duke's?

Yes.

Thank you for taking the bait, since this has been a really sweet pro-Cornell trolling point that started being thrown around like common knowledge on TLS somewhere around the time of Cornell's solid NLJ data from last year.

Now please back this up. Not with placement percentages from the NLJ charts, but with real data to demonstrate that "most large top NYC firms" actually go deeper at Cornell. In particular, please walk me through Cornell's absolutely STELLAR 3.74 Paul Weiss and 3.81 Skadden average offer GPAs to explain how the top firms are totesies going deeper in Cornell's class.

Lincoln wrote: I think it's false to say being at Duke will get you offers from more firms or more prestigious NYC firms than the same rank at Cornell.

Nobody claimed this. Actually, you claimed the exact opposite. The burden is on you here.

You win. Duke is better for everything.

FlightoftheEarls

Postby FlightoftheEarls » Thu Aug 09, 2012 1:40 am

Lincoln wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:
Lincoln wrote:
FlightoftheEarls wrote:Why do you say Cornell is better for NYC placement? Will the same firms go deeper into Cornell's class than Duke's?

Yes.

Thank you for taking the bait, since this has been a really sweet pro-Cornell trolling point that started being thrown around like common knowledge on TLS somewhere around the time of Cornell's solid NLJ data from last year.

Now please back this up. Not with placement percentages from the NLJ charts, but with real data to demonstrate that "most large top NYC firms" actually go deeper at Cornell. In particular, please walk me through Cornell's absolutely STELLAR 3.74 Paul Weiss and 3.81 Skadden average offer GPAs to explain how the top firms are totesies going deeper in Cornell's class.

You win. Duke is better for everything.

FlightoftheEarls wrote:

bigvinny

Postby bigvinny » Mon Aug 20, 2012 2:56 pm

Duke is the correct response.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”