NU AJD

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Lear22

NU AJD

Postby Lear22 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:32 pm

Started to look into NU's AJD.

From initial review, it looks like they accepted almost 1 out of 2 applicants (or more like 1 out of 2.5 100/38 while 28 accepted). In addition, it appears that the numbers for the AJD are lower (GPA and LSAT). Does anyone have more info about the program? The only threads I found relevant were from '10. Overall, it seems pretty interesting. I am a non traditional student (31yo, lived most my life outside the US and just graduated undergrad and have 5+ years or prior WE and 3 some years military {non US} experience) in addition, I also accelerated my undergrad and completed two majors in 3 years. I finished with a 3.45 cum GPA and 3.6 in each major. Do you think that the undergrad experience with heavy courseload would be an advantage or soft? For me, the may entrence is ideal as well.

Any information or thoughts about NU AJD in regards to admissions would be greatly appreciated.

http://www.law.northwestern.edu/admissi ... ofile.html

mr.hands

Re: NU AJD

Postby mr.hands » Mon Aug 06, 2012 9:51 pm

I doubt it's "easier" to get into. The difficulty of your major and your major GPAs dont mean anything.

What's your LSAT, anyway?

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:04 pm

By easier, I mean that the stats show that less people are applying to the AJD and therefore the pool is much smaller. It appears that the medias are also lower.

I am retaking in oct after a very bad exprience last year (eng is my second language) and hint for the best.

Lear22

Postby Lear22 » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:56 pm

Any other thoughts on the program? From searching the forums I didn't find anything too recent. Thanks!!

GimmeThatJD

Postby GimmeThatJD » Sun Aug 19, 2012 9:56 pm

I, too, am very interested in this program. It is so appealing to finish a law degree in two years. I will be applying to this program as well. I'm hoping we can see how these graduates are doing employment wise.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”