Would someone mind providing a summary of this event?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
CR2012

Would someone mind providing a summary of this event?

Postby CR2012 » Mon Aug 06, 2012 8:15 am

Forgive me if this has been posted already.

I, and I am sure many of you, received this email a few days ago. I am unable to participate in this due to time zone restrictions but I am very interested in the subject matter. If any of you participate in this, would you mind posting a summary of what was discussed and any information you think is noteworthy? Thanks a lot.

Email is below.
----

Dear Future Law Student:

I see that you recently registered with LSAC’s Candidate Referral Service (CRS) and write to invite you to attend an online event to learn more about the law school admissions process.

On Sunday, August 12, 2012, from 8:00 to 10:00 p.m. ET, several of my colleagues and I will be participating in a mock admissions panel being broadcast live, online by Kaplan Test Prep. We will be presenting several admissions applications for discussion. If you log in to this event, you will be able to ask questions and participate in the discussion.

Our goal is to help prospective law students better understand how the admissions process works and, in the context of reviewing actual files, to provide advice for those who are about to begin preparing law school applications.

The law admissions officers participating in this event are:
· Stephen Brown from Fordham University School of Law
· Ann Perry from University of Chicago Law School
· Anne Richard from University of Virginia School of Law
· Alison Spada from Georgetown University Law Center
The event is free to attend, but you must register in advance. Please pre-register for this online event by clicking here (or you can cut and paste the following URL into your browser: http://www.kaptest.com/class_schedule.j ... 1003108407).

And please don’t forget to log in on August 12th!

Thank you.

LegalMikey

Re: Would someone mind providing a summary of this event?

Postby LegalMikey » Mon Aug 13, 2012 6:00 am

If you follow the link attached in the email, you'll get to a site that can replay the entire session for you (the only drawback being that you can no longer ask live questions).
I had it on in the background and found it interesting, though all the admissions officer seemed much more intent on "softs" than hard numbers, which I thought odd.

CR2012

Re: Would someone mind providing a summary of this event?

Postby CR2012 » Wed Aug 15, 2012 5:52 am

LegalMikey wrote:If you follow the link attached in the email, you'll get to a site that can replay the entire session for you (the only drawback being that you can no longer ask live questions).
I had it on in the background and found it interesting, though all the admissions officer seemed much more intent on "softs" than hard numbers, which I thought odd.

Oh, great! Thanks a lot. I never thought to try that.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”