Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sun Oct 07, 2012 6:56 pm

BlueJeanBaby wrote:Notre Dame's 2012 entering class medians are 166/3.66 but I don't know what the medians before that looked like.


no change to LSAT, + .02 to GPA

User avatar
annet
Posts: 218
Joined: Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:19 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby annet » Mon Oct 08, 2012 12:59 am

UW Madison posted (I guess while I was studying for the LSAT): http://law.wisc.edu/prospective/stats.html

UW Madison 216/242 (-26)

UW Madison (#35) 162 (-1), 3.61 (-.06)

Old medians: 158-165, 3.34-3.78
New medians: 157-164, 3.32-3.72

User avatar
togepi
Posts: 533
Joined: Thu May 10, 2012 10:13 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby togepi » Mon Oct 08, 2012 3:05 am

tag

User avatar
hookem7
Posts: 162
Joined: Mon Aug 08, 2011 5:03 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby hookem7 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:36 pm

Old UT 25/75: 165-170, 3.56-3.8, Medians - 167, 3.71
New UT 25/75: 163-169, 3.52-3.82, Medians - 167, 3.67

User avatar
TheThriller
Posts: 2285
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:12 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby TheThriller » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:46 pm

hookem7 wrote:Old UT 25/75: 165-170, 3.56-3.8, Medians - 167, 3.71
New UT 25/75: 163-169, 3.52-3.82, Medians - 167, 3.67


good news for a few of us!

User avatar
altoid99
Posts: 249
Joined: Mon Sep 17, 2012 12:04 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby altoid99 » Mon Oct 08, 2012 11:53 pm

Just checked Villanova:

Median LSAT: 158 (-2)
Median GPA: 3.51 (-.06)
Class size: 220 (+2)
Applicants: 2333 (down about %23)

User avatar
danquayle
Posts: 1108
Joined: Tue Dec 09, 2008 2:12 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby danquayle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:18 am

altoid99 wrote:Just checked Villanova:

Median LSAT: 158 (-2)
Median GPA: 3.51 (-.06)
Class size: 220 (+2)
Applicants: 2333 (down about %23)


Perspective students really ought to take note of any law schools that increase numbers in this market. It is the clearest demonstration that they do not give a fuck at all about their students outcomes.

Not saying that other schools necessarily do, but at least they can pretend their reduction in class size is a response to the market conditions and not maintaining LSATs.

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:36 am

danquayle wrote:
altoid99 wrote:Just checked Villanova:

Median LSAT: 158 (-2)
Median GPA: 3.51 (-.06)
Class size: 220 (+2)
Applicants: 2333 (down about %23)


Perspective students really ought to take note of any law schools that increase numbers in this market. It is the clearest demonstration that they do not give a fuck at all about their students outcomes.

Not saying that other schools necessarily do, but at least they can pretend their reduction in class size is a response to the market conditions and not maintaining LSATs.


Even worse when you increase class sizes and the LSAT median plummets.

With Temple actually improving their GPA/LSAT combo, prospective students should definitely be looking there before Nova, in my opinion. Temple has been actually trying to become a solid #2 in Philly while the other schools havent really cared.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:39 am

danquayle wrote:
altoid99 wrote:Just checked Villanova:

Median LSAT: 158 (-2)
Median GPA: 3.51 (-.06)
Class size: 220 (+2)
Applicants: 2333 (down about %23)


Perspective students really ought to take note of any law schools that increase numbers in this market. It is the clearest demonstration that they do not give a fuck at all about their students outcomes.

Not saying that other schools necessarily do, but at least they can pretend their reduction in class size is a response to the market conditions and not maintaining LSATs.


Good point, but remember that a couple schools maintained class size and medians, either because they're benefitting from a huge ratings jump (ASU) or they don't give a fuck about numbers anyway (Berkeley). It's the schools like Nova and American that take a beating to their medians while maintaining class size that really have no concern for their students' employment prospects.

SalmonP-Chase
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:42 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby SalmonP-Chase » Tue Oct 09, 2012 4:45 pm

Salmon P Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University

Total students enrolled
class of 2015/2014
NKU Chase College of Law: 181/178 (+3) (includes both Part-time and Full-time matriculated students)

Medians (LSAT-with change in parentheses; GPA-with change in parentheses)
NKU Chase College of Law: 152 (-2), 3.18 (-.17)

Sources:
http://www.thenortherner.com/news/2012/10/04/chase-admission-standards-questioned/
http://chaselaw.nku.edu/admissions/why/profile.php

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby WanderingPondering » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:01 pm

SalmonP-Chase wrote:Salmon P Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University

Total students enrolled
class of 2015/2014
NKU Chase College of Law: 181/178 (+3) (includes both Part-time and Full-time matriculated students)

Medians (LSAT-with change in parentheses; GPA-with change in parentheses)
NKU Chase College of Law: 152 (-2), 3.18 (-.17)

Sources:
http://www.thenortherner.com/news/2012/ ... uestioned/
--LinkRemoved--


Welcome to the naughty list! Looks like a lump of coal is coming their way

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Yukos » Tue Oct 09, 2012 5:44 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
SalmonP-Chase wrote:Salmon P Chase College of Law, Northern Kentucky University

Total students enrolled
class of 2015/2014
NKU Chase College of Law: 181/178 (+3) (includes both Part-time and Full-time matriculated students)

Medians (LSAT-with change in parentheses; GPA-with change in parentheses)
NKU Chase College of Law: 152 (-2), 3.18 (-.17)

Sources:
http://www.thenortherner.com/news/2012/ ... uestioned/
--LinkRemoved--


Welcome to the naughty list! Looks like a lump of coal is coming their way


They have enough coal in Northern Kentucky as it is.

suzige
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby suzige » Tue Oct 09, 2012 6:47 pm

saw in another thread

Duke Law

Class Size: 208
GPA: 3.59-3.76-3.85
LSAT: 166-169-170

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15487
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:21 pm

suzige wrote:saw in another thread

Duke Law

Class Size: 208
GPA: 3.59-3.76-3.85
LSAT: 166-169-170


This is big. Duke and Georgetown both falling off the 170 wagon.

User avatar
kwu
Posts: 24
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 7:00 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby kwu » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:34 pm

Just for fun, while we wait:

Northwestern (AJD)

Enrolls 23 (-5)

GMAT distribution
Median GMAT 710
Middle 50% GMAT * 680(0)-730(-10)

LSAT distribution
Median LSAT 170
Middle 50% LSAT * 162(-1)-173(+3)

GPA distribution
Median GPA 3.6
Middle 50% GPA 3.1(-0.23)-3.9(-0.07)

dabbadon8
Posts: 767
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 2:17 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby dabbadon8 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 7:42 pm

Tiago Splitter wrote:
suzige wrote:saw in another thread

Duke Law

Class Size: 208
GPA: 3.59-3.76-3.85
LSAT: 166-169-170


This is big. Duke and Georgetown both falling off the 170 wagon.


Source?

User avatar
052220151
Posts: 2421
Joined: Fri Jun 08, 2012 4:58 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby 052220151 » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:20 pm

dabbadon8 wrote:
Tiago Splitter wrote:
suzige wrote:saw in another thread

Duke Law

Class Size: 208
GPA: 3.59-3.76-3.85
LSAT: 166-169-170


This is big. Duke and Georgetown both falling off the 170 wagon.


Source?


The admission page of their law school web page.

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby mr.hands » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:23 pm

deputydog wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
Source?


The admission page of their law school web page.


link?

User avatar
manofjustice
Posts: 1323
Joined: Thu May 17, 2012 10:01 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby manofjustice » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:29 pm

WanderingPondering wrote:
danquayle wrote:
altoid99 wrote:Just checked Villanova:

Median LSAT: 158 (-2)
Median GPA: 3.51 (-.06)
Class size: 220 (+2)
Applicants: 2333 (down about %23)


Perspective students really ought to take note of any law schools that increase numbers in this market. It is the clearest demonstration that they do not give a fuck at all about their students outcomes.

Not saying that other schools necessarily do, but at least they can pretend their reduction in class size is a response to the market conditions and not maintaining LSATs.


Even worse when you increase class sizes and the LSAT median plummets.

With Temple actually improving their GPA/LSAT combo, prospective students should definitely be looking there before Nova, in my opinion. Temple has been actually trying to become a solid #2 in Philly while the other schools havent really cared.


Any school increasing class size and dropping medians is a joke school. Nova especially...they lied about their medians and were sanctioned by the ABA...what, just a year ago? They had to link to their official sanction letter on their website.

User avatar
AllDangle
Posts: 294
Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2012 2:30 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby AllDangle » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:50 pm

mr.hands wrote:
deputydog wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
Source?


The admission page of their law school web page.


link?

Granted I'm on my phone, but I'm not seeing it.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15487
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Tue Oct 09, 2012 8:51 pm

AllDangle wrote:
mr.hands wrote:
deputydog wrote:
dabbadon8 wrote:
Source?


The admission page of their law school web page.


link?

Granted I'm on my phone, but I'm not seeing it.


We may have been duped.

suzige
Posts: 307
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:10 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby suzige » Tue Oct 09, 2012 9:01 pm

no idea on a source. i just copied and pasted it from the app spreadsheet thread... my apologies if its false.

User avatar
Funkycrime
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Funkycrime » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:14 pm

suzige wrote:saw in another thread

Duke Law

Class Size: 208
GPA: 3.59-3.76-3.85
LSAT: 166-169-170

*Orgasms

User avatar
Funkycrime
Posts: 143
Joined: Mon Jul 11, 2011 4:31 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Funkycrime » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:16 pm

Duke Law website isn't updated though.

User avatar
Percival Jenkins
Posts: 73
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2012 6:07 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Percival Jenkins » Tue Oct 09, 2012 10:44 pm

Im the source. I went to the DC Law Forum today and picked up a fact sheet from Duke Law and those were the numbers that were on there.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: echonov and 4 guests