Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:18 am

St. John's

Enrolled: 265 (-28)

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:26 am

Nova Southeastern

Enrolled: 380 (includes 62 part-time) / LST shows 354 from last year

147 (-1) / 150 (0) /153 (+1)

range: 139 - 165 (splitter-friendly)

2.93 (- .05) / 3.14 (- .08) / 3.37 (- .06)

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:45 am

Pittsburgh

Enrolled: 212 (-18)

155 (-2) /158 (-1) / 160 (-1)

WanderingPondering
Posts: 444
Joined: Tue Aug 07, 2012 10:47 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby WanderingPondering » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:51 am

justonemoregame wrote:Nova Southeastern

Enrolled: 380 (includes 62 part-time) / LST shows 354 from last year

147 (-1) / 150 (0) /153 (+1)

range: 139 - 165 (splitter-friendly)

2.93 (- .05) / 3.14 (- .08) / 3.37 (- .06)


Nova convinced someone with a 165 to go there? Dear god. If you're 15 points above median, probably not a good idea.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 10:54 am

WanderingPondering wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Nova Southeastern

Enrolled: 380 (includes 62 part-time) / LST shows 354 from last year

147 (-1) / 150 (0) /153 (+1)

range: 139 - 165 (splitter-friendly)

2.93 (- .05) / 3.14 (- .08) / 3.37 (- .06)


Nova convinced someone with a 165 to go there? Dear god. If you're 15 points above median, probably not a good idea.


Hopefully they attended for free

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:01 am

Hofstra

Enrolled: 325 (includes part-time) / LST shows 370 from last year (-45)

153 (-2) / 157 (-2) / 159 (-1)

2.95 (0) / 3.27 (- .05) / 3.59 (+ .03)

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:05 am

Hawaii

Enrolled: 86 (-30)

LSAT 25th / 75th: 155 (+2) / 160 (+1)

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby stillwater » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:14 am

Cooley: A chicken in every pot, a JD on every wall!

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:16 am

Seton Hall

Enrolled: 206 (-60)

154 (-1) /158 (-1) / 161 (0)

3.23 (+ .01) / 3.5 (no change) / 3.72 (+ .06)

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:28 am

stillwater wrote:Cooley: A chicken in every pot, a JD on every wall!


Some of the things I read on these law school websites; it's like watching an info-mercial.

from Florida Coastal: "The School of Law admits students selectively. More highly qualified applicants typically are admitted first." Pretty rich considering well over half the class scored below average on the LSAT and struggled to maintain a B average in college.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby stillwater » Sat Sep 22, 2012 11:50 am

justonemoregame wrote:
stillwater wrote:Cooley: A chicken in every pot, a JD on every wall!


Some of the things I read on these law school websites; it's like watching an info-mercial.

from Florida Coastal: "The School of Law admits students selectively. More highly qualified applicants typically are admitted first." Pretty rich considering well over half the class scored below average on the LSAT and struggled to maintain a B average in college.


LOL at shit-mills tryna look respectable.

Paul Campos
Posts: 644
Joined: Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:44 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Paul Campos » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:01 pm

justonemoregame wrote:Seton Hall

Enrolled: 206 (-60)

154 (-1) /158 (-1) / 161 (0)

3.23 (+ .01) / 3.5 (no change) / 3.72 (+ .06)


[Cackles gleefully]

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Real Madrid » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:17 pm

Paul Campos wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Seton Hall

Enrolled: 206 (-60)

154 (-1) /158 (-1) / 161 (0)

3.23 (+ .01) / 3.5 (no change) / 3.72 (+ .06)


[Cackles gleefully]


I am seriously hoping some of these dumpster fires close up shop in the coming years when they just can't put together a class anymore.

User avatar
superbloom
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby superbloom » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:19 pm

Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.

User avatar
Tiago Splitter
Posts: 15464
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 1:20 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Tiago Splitter » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:40 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
Paul Campos wrote:
justonemoregame wrote:Seton Hall

Enrolled: 206 (-60)

154 (-1) /158 (-1) / 161 (0)

3.23 (+ .01) / 3.5 (no change) / 3.72 (+ .06)


[Cackles gleefully]


I am seriously hoping some of these dumpster fires close up shop in the coming years when they just can't put together a class anymore.


It's incredible (and awesome) that SHU could cut the class by more than 20% and still lose a point on the LSAT median. But hey, apply now! Things won't ever be this easy again!

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby thelawyler » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:48 pm

Will we see scandals as law schools close where 1Ls and 2Ls who completed 1 or 2 years will be stuck without a school?

User avatar
Bildungsroman
Posts: 5548
Joined: Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:42 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Bildungsroman » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:51 pm

thelawyler wrote:Will we see scandals as law schools close where 1Ls and 2Ls who completed 1 or 2 years will be stuck without a school?

I doubt we'll see law schools close.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby iMisto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 12:53 pm

thelawyler wrote:Will we see scandals as law schools close where 1Ls and 2Ls who completed 1 or 2 years will be stuck without a school?


I wonder how many of them will be grateful...

User avatar
LSATSCORES2012
Posts: 770
Joined: Mon Jul 02, 2012 2:12 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby LSATSCORES2012 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:15 pm

superbloom wrote:Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.


Here's a spreadsheet I'm working on if anyone wants to help. Since there are two threads going this would be a good place to gather all the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kc1Q0ZnUnc

It's publicly editable, but if that becomes a problem I can always revert to previous versions and disable access... so please play nicely :)

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby 2014 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:21 pm

iMisto wrote:I understand ASU made a crazy jump in the rankings, and definitely shouldn't be listed above several schools (BU/BC/etc.), but what's with all the hate? Is it justified? Thaaaanks!

Their biglaw placement rate is basically zero. I don't remember the exact number but I think it's like 5 or 6% which should put them in TT category. Not to mention they are a full 10% below UA in terms of overall placement and have exactly one market to send grads to (Phoenix) which is neither big nor bustling.

User avatar
iMisto
Posts: 658
Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2011 3:55 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby iMisto » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 pm

2014 wrote:
iMisto wrote:I understand ASU made a crazy jump in the rankings, and definitely shouldn't be listed above several schools (BU/BC/etc.), but what's with all the hate? Is it justified? Thaaaanks!

Their biglaw placement rate is basically zero. I don't remember the exact number but I think it's like 5 or 6% which should put them in TT category. Not to mention they are a full 10% below UA in terms of overall placement and have exactly one market to send grads to (Phoenix) which is neither big nor bustling.


Gotcha. Thank you.

Could their ability to attract better-qualified candidates than UoA affect their placement in Phx? UoA is in Tucson, and I know ASU is well-respected in the Phoenix metro area...

I have absolutely NO desire to attend ASU's law school.

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:28 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
superbloom wrote:Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.


Here's a spreadsheet I'm working on if anyone wants to help. Since there are two threads going this would be a good place to gather all the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kc1Q0ZnUnc

It's publicly editable, but if that becomes a problem I can always revert to previous versions and disable access... so please play nicely :)



Thank you for this -- I'll help out when I can. Another thing about Seton Hall - they had over 350 1Ls two years ago, so the reported numbers for this fall are very nice.

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby stillwater » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:31 pm

justonemoregame wrote:
LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
superbloom wrote:Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.


Here's a spreadsheet I'm working on if anyone wants to help. Since there are two threads going this would be a good place to gather all the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kc1Q0ZnUnc

It's publicly editable, but if that becomes a problem I can always revert to previous versions and disable access... so please play nicely :)



Thank you for this -- I'll help out when I can. Another thing about Seton Hall - they had over 350 1Ls two years ago, so the reported numbers for this fall are very nice.


That the Valvoline Dean is finding fewer warm bodies to populate his shit-mill is always great news.

noobishned
Posts: 94
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 2:17 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby noobishned » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:39 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
superbloom wrote:Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.


Here's a spreadsheet I'm working on if anyone wants to help. Since there are two threads going this would be a good place to gather all the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kc1Q0ZnUnc

It's publicly editable, but if that becomes a problem I can always revert to previous versions and disable access... so please play nicely :)


Thanks for this!!

User avatar
geary86
Posts: 128
Joined: Tue Jun 12, 2012 9:09 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby geary86 » Sat Sep 22, 2012 1:42 pm

LSATSCORES2012 wrote:
superbloom wrote:Is someone/can someone keep the original tally going? It's been a while since the OP has been edited.


Here's a spreadsheet I'm working on if anyone wants to help. Since there are two threads going this would be a good place to gather all the data:

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc ... kc1Q0ZnUnc

It's publicly editable, but if that becomes a problem I can always revert to previous versions and disable access... so please play nicely :)


Thank you :)

I'm working on adding all the info I have :D




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: carlos_danger, Google [Bot], Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests