Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2084
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby BmoreOrLess » Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:34 pm

Robespierre wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:No idea if this is known yet, but I heard from a very reliable source that Georgetown's median LSAT is down to 169.


http://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/web- ... e-back.cfm
See the bottom.


Employers are going to flock to Georgetown because of this kid:

and the person ranked 12th in the world in one-handed Rubik’s Cube solving

User avatar
justonemoregame
Posts: 1160
Joined: Fri Jul 01, 2011 3:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby justonemoregame » Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:28 pm

He should bust into his OCI interview doing the one-handed Rubix trick and solve that shit before he sits down, slam the cube on the desk, and say "that's why."

User avatar
stillwater
Posts: 3811
Joined: Tue Jun 28, 2011 2:59 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby stillwater » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:21 pm

If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:36 pm

stillwater wrote:If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.


That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be the second, third, fourth... hell you can even be the fifth fastest one-handed rubik's cube solver

redbullvodka
Posts: 166
Joined: Mon Oct 24, 2011 9:51 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby redbullvodka » Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:54 pm

mrizza wrote:
stillwater wrote:If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.


That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be the second, third, fourth... hell you can even be the fifth fastest one-handed rubik's cube solver


+1000

User avatar
VUSisterRayVU
Posts: 162
Joined: Fri Jul 27, 2012 2:57 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby VUSisterRayVU » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:03 pm

mrizza wrote:
stillwater wrote:If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.


That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be the second, third, fourth... hell you can even be the fifth fastest one-handed rubik's cube solver


No you can't.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby thelawyler » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:24 pm

VUSisterRayVU wrote:
mrizza wrote:
stillwater wrote:If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.


That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be the second, third, fourth... hell you can even be the fifth fastest one-handed rubik's cube solver


No you can't.

fact

User avatar
Cobretti
Posts: 2560
Joined: Tue Aug 21, 2012 12:45 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Cobretti » Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:46 pm

thelawyler wrote:
VUSisterRayVU wrote:
mrizza wrote:
stillwater wrote:If you're not first, you're last...especially in one-handed rubik's cubing. No one wants to see the 12th ranked anything ply their craft.


That doesn't make any sense at all, you can be the second, third, fourth... hell you can even be the fifth fastest one-handed rubik's cube solver


No you can't.

fact


Change your avatar or get on board

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby KevinP » Tue Sep 18, 2012 11:45 pm

iMisto wrote:
stillwater wrote:BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)


Hmm... makes sense. How did they maintain a higher GPA than Cornell?

Please, don't say "Ithaca".

BU also has a higher GPA than NYU, Columbia, Michigan, GULC. Having a high GPA median is neither hard nor preftigious to get. High LSAT, on the other hand, is.

Real Madrid
Posts: 835
Joined: Mon May 30, 2011 12:21 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Real Madrid » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:46 am

KevinP wrote:
iMisto wrote:
stillwater wrote:BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)


Hmm... makes sense. How did they maintain a higher GPA than Cornell?

Please, don't say "Ithaca".

BU also has a higher GPA than NYU, Columbia, Michigan, GULC. Having a high GPA median is neither hard nor preftigious to get. High LSAT, on the other hand, is.


If it's so easy to do, why doesn't every school have a high one?

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Ruxin1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:01 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
KevinP wrote:
iMisto wrote:
stillwater wrote:BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)


Hmm... makes sense. How did they maintain a higher GPA than Cornell?

Please, don't say "Ithaca".

BU also has a higher GPA than NYU, Columbia, Michigan, GULC. Having a high GPA median is neither hard nor preftigious to get. High LSAT, on the other hand, is.


If it's so easy to do, why doesn't every school have a high one?


They want that splitter tuition $$$

dissonance1848
Posts: 706
Joined: Fri Aug 20, 2010 4:42 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby dissonance1848 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:03 pm

All things are relative, bro. KevinP's statement obviously was a reflection on the fact that there are far more schools with comprable GPAs than LSATs.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby ajax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:04 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
KevinP wrote:
iMisto wrote:
stillwater wrote:BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)


Hmm... makes sense. How did they maintain a higher GPA than Cornell?

Please, don't say "Ithaca".

BU also has a higher GPA than NYU, Columbia, Michigan, GULC. Having a high GPA median is neither hard nor preftigious to get. High LSAT, on the other hand, is.


If it's so easy to do, why doesn't every school have a high one?


Because they would rather boast what is more difficult to attain, high LSAT medians.

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby karich » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:11 pm

Schools have different grading standards
Last edited by karich on Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:24 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby KevinP » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:31 pm

Real Madrid wrote:
KevinP wrote:
iMisto wrote:
stillwater wrote:BU:
Class Size: 211 (-31, -12.8%)
LSAT Median: 166 (-1)
GPA Median: 3.75 (+.03)


Hmm... makes sense. How did they maintain a higher GPA than Cornell?

Please, don't say "Ithaca".

BU also has a higher GPA than NYU, Columbia, Michigan, GULC. Having a high GPA median is neither hard nor preftigious to get. High LSAT, on the other hand, is.


If it's so easy to do, why doesn't every school have a high one?

Because I said a high GPA median is easy to get, not that a high median GPA + LSAT combo is easy to get, which is what schools want.

I have the 2011 national decision profile from LSAC. I can give exact numbers if anyone wants, but in relation to LSATs, GPAs abound.

karich
Posts: 78
Joined: Sun Mar 04, 2012 7:33 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby karich » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:41 pm

Do they have a GPA distribution of all applicants in there? I'd like to see that actually.

ajax
Posts: 278
Joined: Thu Jul 28, 2011 9:33 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby ajax » Wed Sep 19, 2012 12:45 pm

karich wrote:Do they have a GPA distribution of all applicants in there? I'd like to see that actually.


Seconded. I'd also love to see it.

User avatar
skers
Posts: 4950
Joined: Thu Jun 03, 2010 12:33 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby skers » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:00 pm

Uchi class is 184. No word on medians or 25/75ths.

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby thelawyler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 8:02 pm

TemporarySaint wrote:Uchi class is 184. No word on medians or 25/75ths.


Well, it's not a big drop, but two years ago it was 201, and 195 last year.

User avatar
KevinP
Posts: 1324
Joined: Sat Sep 26, 2009 8:56 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby KevinP » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:36 pm

ajax wrote:
karich wrote:Do they have a GPA distribution of all applicants in there? I'd like to see that actually.


Seconded. I'd also love to see it.

Looks like LSAC took down the link to the file... the data basically had all of the information about applicants last year. LSAT/GPA scores broken down by gender, ethnicity, etc. I do remember that 3/4th of 170+ applicants were male and that females had significantly higher GPAs.

Also, quoting myself from another thread "Last year, approximately 30% of the applicant pool with 170+ scores had less than a 3.5 GPA (Source: LSAC National Decision Profile 2011)"

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:39 pm

KevinP wrote:
ajax wrote:
karich wrote:Do they have a GPA distribution of all applicants in there? I'd like to see that actually.


Seconded. I'd also love to see it.

Looks like LSAC took down the link to the file... the data basically had all of the information about applicants last year. LSAT/GPA scores broken down by gender, ethnicity, etc. I do remember that 3/4th of 170+ applicants were male and that females had significantly higher GPAs.

Also, quoting myself from another thread "Last year, approximately 30% of the applicant pool with 170+ scores had less than a 3.5 GPA (Source: LSAC National Decision Profile 2011)"


Would love to know what percent of 173+ scorers were above a 3.91, so we could calculate how many people were actually above every median out there. I've been going with a generous estimate of like 25% in my calculation, arriving at an answer of like ~400 people or so?

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby Ruxin1 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 10:53 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
KevinP wrote:
ajax wrote:
karich wrote:Do they have a GPA distribution of all applicants in there? I'd like to see that actually.


Seconded. I'd also love to see it.

Looks like LSAC took down the link to the file... the data basically had all of the information about applicants last year. LSAT/GPA scores broken down by gender, ethnicity, etc. I do remember that 3/4th of 170+ applicants were male and that females had significantly higher GPAs.

Also, quoting myself from another thread "Last year, approximately 30% of the applicant pool with 170+ scores had less than a 3.5 GPA (Source: LSAC National Decision Profile 2011)"


Would love to know what percent of 173+ scorers were above a 3.91, so we could calculate how many people were actually above every median out there. I've been going with a generous estimate of like 25% in my calculation, arriving at an answer of like ~400 people or so?


You're getting into HYS relax, bro.

User avatar
bernaldiaz
Posts: 1686
Joined: Sun Apr 24, 2011 12:51 am

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby bernaldiaz » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:16 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:
You're getting into HYS relax, bro.


LOL saw right through my question. I need a break from constantly thinking about this shit. Once I get my last app I'm requesting like a 40 day ban so I can focus on my senior year (and college football too. Okay, mainly college football)

User avatar
thelawyler
Posts: 902
Joined: Wed Apr 13, 2011 9:00 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby thelawyler » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:40 pm

bernaldiaz wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:
You're getting into HYS relax, bro.


LOL saw right through my question. I need a break from constantly thinking about this shit. Once I get my last app I'm requesting like a 40 day ban so I can focus on my senior year (and college football too. Okay, mainly college football)


Your biggest concern should be HYS vs Hamilton.

User avatar
emkay625
Posts: 1839
Joined: Sat Dec 05, 2009 11:31 pm

Re: Class sizes and medians (c/o 2015)

Postby emkay625 » Wed Sep 19, 2012 11:45 pm

BmoreOrLess wrote:
Robespierre wrote:
jenesaislaw wrote:No idea if this is known yet, but I heard from a very reliable source that Georgetown's median LSAT is down to 169.


http://www.law.georgetown.edu/news/web- ... e-back.cfm
See the bottom.


Employers are going to flock to Georgetown because of this kid:

and the person ranked 12th in the world in one-handed Rubik’s Cube solving


At first I was like meh. Then I read the one-handed part.

That's pretty impressive.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot], Mhr and 2 guests