Transfer to Pepperdine or Loyola (LA)?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Loyola (LA) Or Pepperdine

Loyola (LA)
20%
Pepperdine
80%

Total votes: 5

SmileMore

Transfer to Pepperdine or Loyola (LA)?

Postby SmileMore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 4:10 am

Help! I'm a transfer so no money - At Pepperdine I qualify for scholarships after 1st semester but at Loyola have to wait a year.

I'm transferring from T4 so I have to go to one of these schools.

I'll likely live in west LA so I have a commute.

rickgrimes69

Re: Transfer to Pepperdine or Loyola (LA)?

Postby rickgrimes69 » Wed Aug 01, 2012 10:59 am

If you're going at sticker, TCR is neither. Where are you currently attending and what is your total COA? What do you want to do after graduation?

splitbrain

Postby splitbrain » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:05 pm

SmileMore wrote:Help! I'm a transfer so no money - At Pepperdine I qualify for scholarships after 1st semester but at Loyola have to wait a year.

I'm transferring from T4 so I have to go to one of these schools.

I'll likely live in west LA so I have a commute.

Is your T4 offering aid to stay? I don't think these schools are as large of an improvement as you think they'd be.

Jah'rakal

Postby Jah'rakal » Wed Aug 01, 2012 12:18 pm

peer schools , pepperdine might have a slight edge. also if u live in west LA, is pepperdine closer?

SmileMore

Postby SmileMore » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:26 pm

I'm at Thomas Jefferson and they offered $25K. I had a low LSAT and GPA so I went to Thomas Jefferson to transfer out.

I want to practice law in LA where I am originally from - not sure what type of law but looking at crim law, entertainment law or corporate. Based on these areas, Loyola might seem better just concerned about class size. I feel like I might do better at Pepperdine so my chances would be better, however Loyola has a large alumni network.

It's like Pepperdine might be a better fit during school but Loyola might be better in the long run....One thing for sure is I can't stay at Thomas Jefferson.

The Brainalist

Postby The Brainalist » Wed Aug 01, 2012 1:31 pm

Whichever is closest to your parent's house, so you can live there and save money.

FWIW I think you are making the right move. TJ really doesn't have anything to offer you. It is worth 50k to have a respectable degree in the city where you ultimately want to work.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”