LOL at Rutgers-Camden

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:33 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote: blah blah blah blah climate change blah blah blah


where's JD Janitor to dispute climate change? i've got some popcorn that needs to be eaten.

also, LOL at kids from all these random schools insisting that their schools are so preftigious....if your school is really prestigious, you don't need to launch into a paragraph to argue why


why because your school didn't teach u how so all u can do is "LOL"?
i hope we can at least use reason before u decide to bash one of the leading universities in the world,
Also, in addition to rutger's prestigious undergrad, its law school is also a leading center of legal education. Its faculty is internationally recognized in a number of fields including constitutional, criminal, health, and corporate law. Its alumni are leading members of the bar in public and private practice settings throughout the nation. The school is well represented among the state and federal judiciary. The law school is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and is on the list of approved schools of the American Bar Association.

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby mr.hands » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:35 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
Yukos wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad


That explains a lot.


i sense your sarcasm, however, u can't argue with facts

An academic powerhouse with an international reputation
: that’s Rutgers, New Jersey’s state university and one of the best public research universities in the US. If you’re an ambitious student looking for a first-class education, Rutgers delivers. Top-ranked academic departments. Internationally recognized schools and colleges. Acclaimed faculty of scholars and scientists. Rutgers has bold aspirations and high expectations.

The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:

Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.

i will be applying for rutgers law next cycle as well , once a scarlet knight, always a scarlet knight


notsureifserious

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:38 pm

.
Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:39 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:I die a little inside every time one of these threads comes up. Seriously doubting my choice to attend this "academic powerhouse".

are u a fellow knight brah? cause haters gonna hate, they just jelly

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:39 pm

Wormfather wrote:Didnt J-Wow get this same offer?


I didn't find anything about that, but I found something better:

http://www.realityblurred.com/realitytv/archives/jersey_shore/2011_Apr_02_snooki_fee

"Snookie received $32,000 for two Q&A sessions at Rutgers."

Well that was tuition money well spent.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4038
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby North » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:45 pm

Jah'rakal wrote: one of the leading universities in the world
Omg stop underselling Rutgers. Where's BostonNJ? The Scarlet Knights need a White Knight in here for srs.
Last edited by North on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:49 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote: blah blah blah blah climate change blah blah blah


where's JD Janitor to dispute climate change? i've got some popcorn that needs to be eaten.

also, LOL at kids from all these random schools insisting that their schools are so preftigious....if your school is really prestigious, you don't need to launch into a paragraph to argue why


why because your school didn't teach u how so all u can do is "LOL"?
i hope we can at least use reason before u decide to bash one of the leading universities in the world,
Also, in addition to rutger's prestigious undergrad, its law school is also a leading center of legal education. Its faculty is internationally recognized in a number of fields including constitutional, criminal, health, and corporate law. Its alumni are leading members of the bar in public and private practice settings throughout the nation. The school is well represented among the state and federal judiciary. The law school is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and is on the list of approved schools of the American Bar Association.


look, there's nothing wrong with rutgers. it's a solid school at a decent price. that fact, however, combined with all the other junk you threw in there about being a member of some random ass organizations, does not make it a prestigious school. prestige speaks for itself.


*waits for the argument that rutgers is a "public ivy"*

ETA: i don't think you can judge a school based on whether it is on the ABA's list of approved schools. with a fax machine and a room with some dusty law volumes that i could call a 'library,' i could probably found Shit-eating Asswipe School of Law and get on the ABA's approved list
Last edited by somewhatwayward on Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 pm, edited 2 times in total.

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Yukos » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:51 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
Yukos wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad


That explains a lot.


i sense your sarcasm, however, u can't argue with facts

An academic powerhouse with an international reputation: that’s Rutgers, New Jersey’s state university and one of the best public research universities in the US. If you’re an ambitious student looking for a first-class education, Rutgers delivers. Top-ranked academic departments. Internationally recognized schools and colleges. Acclaimed faculty of scholars and scientists. Rutgers has bold aspirations and high expectations.

The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:

Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.

i will be applying for rutgers law next cycle as well , once a scarlet knight, always a scarlet knight


I used to like Rutgers. You had a pretty good run in 2006 in the Big East, that was a fun team (<3 Thursday night CFB). Actually, come to think of it, Rutger's descent to the basement of the worst AQ conference coincides exactly with Jah'rakal enrolling there. Did you troll the FB team as hard as you troll TLS Jah?

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby 20130312 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:54 pm

.
Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

EnchantedJockstrap
Posts: 29
Joined: Wed Jul 18, 2012 10:57 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby EnchantedJockstrap » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:are u a fellow knight brah? cause haters gonna hate, they just jelly


Haters gonna hate. Indeed.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:12 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
somewhatwayward wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote: blah blah blah blah climate change blah blah blah


where's JD Janitor to dispute climate change? i've got some popcorn that needs to be eaten.

also, LOL at kids from all these random schools insisting that their schools are so preftigious....if your school is really prestigious, you don't need to launch into a paragraph to argue why


why because your school didn't teach u how so all u can do is "LOL"?
i hope we can at least use reason before u decide to bash one of the leading universities in the world,
Also, in addition to rutger's prestigious undergrad, its law school is also a leading center of legal education. Its faculty is internationally recognized in a number of fields including constitutional, criminal, health, and corporate law. Its alumni are leading members of the bar in public and private practice settings throughout the nation. The school is well represented among the state and federal judiciary. The law school is a member of the Association of American Law Schools and is on the list of approved schools of the American Bar Association.


look, there's nothing wrong with rutgers. it's a solid school at a decent price. that fact, however, combined with all the other junk you threw in there about being a member of some random ass organizations, does not make it a prestigious school. prestige speaks for itself.


*waits for the argument that rutgers is a "public ivy"*

ETA: i don't think you can judge a school based on whether it is on the ABA's list of approved schools. with a fax machine and a room with some dusty law volumes that i could call a 'library,' i could probably found Shit-eating Asswipe School of Law and get on the ABA's approved list


then don't hate on it, if u were to list the top public schools or those most well known, it is debatable whether Camden is a public ivy or not, yeah i don't always make comment with the most insight, but i am more often right than wrong

User avatar
IHeartPhilly
Posts: 66
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby IHeartPhilly » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:26 pm

OP is pushing all the right buttons. No shot he's being sincere.

mr.hands
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jul 13, 2012 4:23 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby mr.hands » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:37 pm

yeah, he jumped the gun and rushed it. Gotta take it slower next time you're trolling

User avatar
JD Janitor
Posts: 218
Joined: Tue Jan 10, 2012 4:19 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby JD Janitor » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:35 pm

somewhatwayward wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote: blah blah blah blah climate change blah blah blah


where's JD Janitor to dispute climate change? i've got some popcorn that needs to be eaten.

also, LOL at kids from all these random schools insisting that their schools are so preftigious....if your school is really prestigious, you don't need to launch into a paragraph to argue why


Get fucked you ignoramus. Class is only in session monday-thursday. :D

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby catholicgirl » Tue Jul 24, 2012 3:40 pm

Just got my letter. Promptly emailed school and told them to stop contacting me. Hope others have done the same thing.

User avatar
superbloom
Posts: 160
Joined: Sat Dec 03, 2011 4:49 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby superbloom » Wed Jul 25, 2012 6:20 pm

Got my letter in the mail for the full scholly. Didn't even apply. Think I can negotiate for living expenses? 8)

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby 20130312 » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:18 pm

.
Last edited by 20130312 on Tue Feb 19, 2013 9:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
Huskar
Posts: 6
Joined: Wed Jul 25, 2012 1:33 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Huskar » Wed Jul 25, 2012 7:31 pm

I received literature from Seton Hall, Cardozo, Rutgers, California School of Law, etc. I think they all meant well. I didn't apply to seton hall and cardozo though, I didn't think I could get in.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Danteshek » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:21 pm

Huskar wrote:I received literature from Seton Hall, Cardozo, Rutgers, California School of Law, etc. I think they all meant well. I didn't apply to seton hall and cardozo though, I didn't think I could get in.


Flame?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1774
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Yukos » Thu Jul 26, 2012 11:32 pm

Danteshek wrote:
Huskar wrote:I received literature from Seton Hall, Cardozo, Rutgers, California School of Law, etc. I think they all meant well. I didn't apply to seton hall and cardozo though, I didn't think I could get in.


Flame?


His avatar is a troll.

genius5432
Posts: 67
Joined: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:28 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby genius5432 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 11:11 am

Should I feel unwanted and left out since I didn't get squat from Rutgers-Camden especially since I live in Philly? Do you think they will accept me if I just call and ask?

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sd5289 » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:26 pm

Huskar wrote:I received literature from Seton Hall, Cardozo, Rutgers, California School of Law, etc. I think they all meant well. I didn't apply to seton hall and cardozo though, I didn't think I could get in.


This doesn't make sense either. They've been telling us the class is full for quite a while now.

User avatar
HarlandBassett
Posts: 426
Joined: Mon Jan 03, 2011 1:50 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby HarlandBassett » Mon Jul 30, 2012 12:57 pm

polkij333 wrote:Got a letter offering a Full-Ride (40% stip) for Fall 2012. Did not apply. wtf?

what exactly does 40% stipulation mean?

User avatar
No13baby
Posts: 440
Joined: Fri Aug 19, 2011 12:42 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby No13baby » Mon Jul 30, 2012 1:13 pm

HarlandBassett wrote:
polkij333 wrote:Got a letter offering a Full-Ride (40% stip) for Fall 2012. Did not apply. wtf?

what exactly does 40% stipulation mean?

That OP must stay in the top 40% of the class to keep the scholarship.

User avatar
crossarmant
Posts: 1116
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 8:01 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby crossarmant » Mon Jul 30, 2012 2:27 pm

As someone transferring out of Rutgers-Camden, this is disappointing to see. The school is sinking faster than a rock. It's terrifying. I mean, it fell 15 points in the rankings even before mention of a merger; I can only imagine the damage coming to the place in next year's rankings.

What's just as troubling is how much they rally up their students with weekly emails from the Dean talking about how "We're not hurting for students or money, we're doing alright... everyone keep waving your red & black flags and chanting about 'Jersey Pride.'" I mean between the terrible press over the merger with Rowan, the admission solicitations to people who never took the LSAT and others who were uninterested, the BA/JD program that will take in people 3 years into their UG, and now full-rides to strangers who never applied?! I'm just so disappointed and even more glad I'm getting out.

I came in thinking "Oh, solid state school with decent placement and cheap enough tuition." Now it seems like they're grasping at straws while they plummet. It's really upsetting. I mean full-rides to people who never even applied? That's a tactic that not even TTTTs will use.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Google [Bot] and 3 guests