LOL at Rutgers-Camden

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
jkpolk
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby jkpolk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:34 am

Got a letter offering a Full-Ride (40% stip) for Fall 2012. Did not apply. wtf?

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby flem » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:40 am

Jesus

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sunynp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:48 am


User avatar
jkpolk
Posts: 896
Joined: Thu Nov 10, 2011 10:44 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby jkpolk » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:49 am


Fucking search function fails me again. TY

User avatar
goldeneye
Posts: 792
Joined: Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:25 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby goldeneye » Fri Jul 20, 2012 10:50 am

I got a letter from R-Newark admitting me with a full ride, 40% stipulation, waived app fee and deposits. Even though I already withdrew 2 cycles ago...

User avatar
sunynp
Posts: 1899
Joined: Tue May 24, 2011 2:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sunynp » Fri Jul 20, 2012 11:00 am

polkij333 wrote:

Fucking search function fails me again. TY

NP. I just remembered that thread because the school is so desperate.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:16 pm

i attended rutgers for undergrad and it is a FINE institution, it's like a gem in the city and so is its law school, i think the law school is very much underrated with its state of the art facility and well known faculty. a lot of it has to do the broken state of the city, i think once the cities turn around, rutger law's prestige will be where it deserves to be, matching the best of all public schools

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby North » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:40 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad
Did you apply or just show up?

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby timbs4339 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:42 pm

Also likely they misrepresented their total student debt upon graduation numbers to the ABA and USNWR.

http://insidethelawschoolscam.blogspot. ... tgers.html

How deep does the rabbit hole go?

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:48 pm

North wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad
Did you apply or just show up?


like u r taking this in the wrong way, u should view fact that rutgers is offering admissions/scholarships without u applying is a great opportunity at higher education and u should appreciate it instead of making fun on the school that is trying to help u. its undergrad is one of the best in the world and so r its graduate programs including law

University rankings
National
ARWU[21] 40
Forbes[22] 266
U.S. News & World Report[23] 61
Washington Monthly[24] 52
Global
ARWU[25] 54
Times[26] 8

User avatar
ColoBoul
Posts: 48
Joined: Wed Feb 09, 2011 6:08 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby ColoBoul » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:49 pm

I got it as well, it looked like it was printed on one large roll of paper and then cut with a paper cutter. But seriously unsolicited a month away from the start of class is crazy......

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby North » Fri Jul 20, 2012 3:54 pm

ColoBoul wrote:I got it as well, it looked like it was printed on one large roll of paper and then cut with a paper cutter. But seriously unsolicited a month away from the start of class is crazy......
You mean a great opportunity that you should be appreciating, bro.

Lol, Jah'rakal.

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:11 pm

I also got this. What the what?! I don't think I've ever corresponded with a single person at this school much less applied there...

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:23 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
North wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad
Did you apply or just show up?


like u r taking this in the wrong way, u should view fact that rutgers is offering admissions/scholarships without u applying is a great opportunity at higher education and u should appreciate it instead of making fun on the school that is trying to help u. its undergrad is one of the best in the world and so r its graduate programs including law

University rankings
National
ARWU[21] 40
Forbes[22] 266
U.S. News & World Report[23] 61
Washington Monthly[24] 52
Global
ARWU[25] 54
Times[26] 8


I can't even right now, with this.

User avatar
rinkrat19
Posts: 13918
Joined: Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:35 am

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby rinkrat19 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:24 pm

catholicgirl wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:
North wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad
Did you apply or just show up?


like u r taking this in the wrong way, u should view fact that rutgers is offering admissions/scholarships without u applying is a great opportunity at higher education and u should appreciate it instead of making fun on the school that is trying to help u. its undergrad is one of the best in the world and so r its graduate programs including law

University rankings
National
ARWU[21] 40
Forbes[22] 266
U.S. News & World Report[23] 61
Washington Monthly[24] 52
Global
ARWU[25] 54
Times[26] 8


I can't even right now, with this.
Jah'Rakal is a categorically terrible poster. Basically whatever he says, believe the opposite.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:31 pm

It's just so irritating when schools do this.

When I unsubscribed from some school's e-mail listing, they asked me why. I was honest, "I do not intend to practice law in state X and your daily emails are starting to piss me off."

I mean seriously. They were sending me flyers for their ASW. Flyers that had been made in about 2 seconds in word. So.fucking.annoying.stop.cluttering.up.my.inbox.

Danteshek
Posts: 2172
Joined: Wed Dec 10, 2008 4:40 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Danteshek » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:37 pm

Pretty sure Rutgers-Camden Law is not going to be around 5 years from now.

User avatar
catholicgirl
Posts: 320
Joined: Mon Sep 05, 2011 4:34 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby catholicgirl » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:38 pm

Danteshek wrote:Pretty sure Rutgers-Camden Law is not going to be around 5 years from now.


Yup. Along with quite a few other fine legal institutions.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby North » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:42 pm

rinkrat19 wrote:Jah'rakal is a categorically terrible poster. Basically whatever he says, believe the opposite.
He's just Trollin'.

User avatar
sd5289
Posts: 1624
Joined: Thu Jun 09, 2011 2:02 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby sd5289 » Fri Jul 20, 2012 4:43 pm

I'm assuming that the mandatory LSAC registration exposes us to these kinds of mailings/emails, but I have absolutely no idea how to turn it off (or if we even can).

Oh, and +1 to who ever made the comment about one month out = only slightly desperate. Is there a betting pool for the next USNWR rankings set up yet?

User avatar
Yukos
Posts: 1775
Joined: Fri Jul 29, 2011 12:47 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Yukos » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:16 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad


That explains a lot.

User avatar
Jah'rakal
Posts: 226
Joined: Tue May 03, 2011 1:06 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby Jah'rakal » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:19 pm

Yukos wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad


That explains a lot.


i sense your sarcasm, however, u can't argue with facts

An academic powerhouse with an international reputation: that’s Rutgers, New Jersey’s state university and one of the best public research universities in the US. If you’re an ambitious student looking for a first-class education, Rutgers delivers. Top-ranked academic departments. Internationally recognized schools and colleges. Acclaimed faculty of scholars and scientists. Rutgers has bold aspirations and high expectations.

The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:

Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.

i will be applying for rutgers law next cycle as well , once a scarlet knight, always a scarlet knight

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:21 pm

like u r taking this in the wrong way, u should view fact that rutgers is offering admissions/scholarships without u applying is a great opportunity at higher education and u should appreciate it instead of making fun on the school that is trying to help u. its undergrad is one of the best in the world and so r its graduate programs including law


LOL you idiot

User avatar
arkansawyer
Posts: 222
Joined: Wed Nov 03, 2010 5:11 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby arkansawyer » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:23 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
Yukos wrote:
Jah'rakal wrote:i attended rutgers for undergrad


That explains a lot.


i sense your sarcasm, however, u can't argue with facts

An academic powerhouse with an international reputation: that’s Rutgers, New Jersey’s state university and one of the best public research universities in the US. If you’re an ambitious student looking for a first-class education, Rutgers delivers. Top-ranked academic departments. Internationally recognized schools and colleges. Acclaimed faculty of scholars and scientists. Rutgers has bold aspirations and high expectations.

The Rutgers name is recognized everywhere, and a Rutgers degree makes a great first impression. We’ve built our academic reputation on solid accomplishments:

Rutgers is a member—so are Harvard, Yale, and Berkeley—of the prestigious Association of American Universities, the 61 leading research universities in North America.
More than 175 Rutgers research centers support pioneering work in stem cells, climate change, DNA analysis, and more.
Rutgers’ international reputation draws top students from more than 130 countries and all 50 states.

i will be applying for rutgers law next cycle as well , once a scarlet knight, always a scarlet knight


In the small amount of time it took me to call you an idiot, you said something even stupider.

Wow

User avatar
somewhatwayward
Posts: 1446
Joined: Wed Sep 30, 2009 5:10 pm

Re: LOL at Rutgers-Camden

Postby somewhatwayward » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:29 pm

Jah'rakal wrote: blah blah blah blah climate change blah blah blah


where's JD Janitor to dispute climate change? i've got some popcorn that needs to be eaten.

also, LOL at kids from all these random schools insisting that their schools are so preftigious....if your school is really prestigious, you don't need to launch into a paragraph to argue why




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 6 guests