Fordham vs. Wake Forest ($$$)

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Easy-E

Re: Fordham vs. Wake Forest ($$$)

Postby Easy-E » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:39 am

Teflon_Jeff wrote:
They placed 5.8% of grads into NYC, so if you hustle and get good grades, you have a decent shot. More importantly, with no debt, you'll be okay no matter what.

How is 5.8% a decent shot?

Nova

Postby Nova » Mon Jul 23, 2012 9:44 am

emarxnj wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:
They placed 5.8% of grads into NYC, so if you hustle and get good grades, you have a decent shot. More importantly, with no debt, you'll be okay no matter what.

subjective terms are subjective.
Rutgers-C wrote:Our average starting salary for a 2011 graduate who enters private practice is in excess of $74,000, with many top students accepting positions with firms paying in excess of $130,000

(2.5% in 501+, 4.6% in 101+)

Texan1989

Postby Texan1989 » Mon Jul 23, 2012 12:18 pm

Wake is TCR

Teflon_Jeff

Postby Teflon_Jeff » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:27 pm

emarxnj wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:

Meaning if he hustles and gets good grades (top 20%) he may have a decent shot. Not a good one, but decent.

No debt to me means a decent shot is better than a good shot with Huge debt.

TLSwag

Postby TLSwag » Mon Jul 23, 2012 3:39 pm

Nova wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:

subjective terms are subjective.
Rutgers-C wrote:Our average starting salary for a 2011 graduate who enters private practice is in excess of $74,000, with many top students accepting positions with firms paying in excess of $130,000

(2.5% in 501+, 4.6% in 101+)

lol many

moandersen

Postby moandersen » Mon Jul 23, 2012 5:57 pm

Teflon_Jeff wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:

Meaning if he hustles and gets good grades (top 20%) he may have a decent shot. Not a good one, but decent.

Where did you get the 5.8% in NYC? I just looked at WFs website for the class of 2011 and ~5% of grads are working in the state of NY, which does not mean ~5% are working in NYC.

Also, you are being overly optimistic about top 20% + hustle = decent chance for NYC

OP, it sounds like you are K-JD from some of your comments. If so, definitely take a year off and work/retake the LSAT for better NYC options.

top30man

Postby top30man » Mon Jul 23, 2012 6:09 pm

moandersen wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:
emarxnj wrote:
Teflon_Jeff wrote:

Where did you get the 5.8% in NYC? I just looked at WFs website for the class of 2011 and ~5% of grads are working in the state of NY, which does not mean ~5% are working in NYC.

Also, you are being overly optimistic about top 20% + hustle = decent chance for NYC

OP, it sounds like you are K-JD from some of your comments. If so, definitely take a year off and work/retake the LSAT for better NYC options.

TITCR. If OP could get into Fordham he likely could get a ton of money from Cardozo. But he could easily retake toget money from Fordham or even a better school. Going to WF for NYC makes no sense.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Jul 24, 2012 8:39 am

Is the general consensus that the extra cost at Fordham isn't worth it's slightly higher Big Law placement (vs getting a large scholly at Cardozo)? Obviously neither is a stellar pick for Big Law hopefuls, but in terms of just those two, am I correct?

Hutz_and_Goodman

Postby Hutz_and_Goodman » Tue Jul 24, 2012 9:34 am

emarxnj wrote:Is the general consensus that the extra cost at Fordham isn't worth it's slightly higher Big Law placement (vs getting a large scholly at Cardozo)? Obviously neither is a stellar pick for Big Law hopefuls, but in terms of just those two, am I correct?

The consensus is that there is no set of law interests a student could have (big law, small law, PI, etc) where Fordham at sticker makes sense given the placement of the school.

Easy-E

Postby Easy-E » Tue Jul 24, 2012 10:47 am

Hutz_and_Goodman wrote:
emarxnj wrote:Is the general consensus that the extra cost at Fordham isn't worth it's slightly higher Big Law placement (vs getting a large scholly at Cardozo)? Obviously neither is a stellar pick for Big Law hopefuls, but in terms of just those two, am I correct?

The consensus is that there is no set of law interests a student could have (big law, small law, PI, etc) where Fordham at sticker makes sense given the placement of the school.

Makes sense.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”