3.1/177 - Shot at P? CCN?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
mindarmed

3.1/177 - Shot at P? CCN?

Postby mindarmed » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:15 pm

Trying to figure out an ED strategy. Has anyone had any success with EDing to CCN with my numbers? I've checked LSN and have found few people with my numbers from which I can create a sample.

K-JD, engineering UG (not like it matters), average school.

Doorkeeper

Re: 3.1/177 - Shot at P? CCN?

Postby Doorkeeper » Fri Jul 13, 2012 3:40 pm

lawschoolnumbers.com

Shot at NYU. WL at Penn. Probably WL/Reject at Chicago and Columbia.

If you're ok with sticker, ED to NYU. I doubt you'll get in ED though because of your split. It seems like MVP and CCN took big splitters late in the cycle and plucked them from the WL to keep their medians.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:53 pm

armedwithamind wrote:Trying to figure out an ED strategy. Has anyone had any success with EDing to CCN with my numbers? I've checked LSN and have found few people with my numbers from which I can create a sample.

K-JD, engineering UG (not like it matters), average school.

If next year is like or worse than this year, you'll probably get waitlisted at those schools first. Did you really get a 177 or is that the plan?

CanadianWolf

Postby CanadianWolf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:56 pm

With a 177 LSAT score & a 3.1 engineering GPA, there is no need to be shy when applying in this upcoming cycle desperate for law school applicants. In short, make them reject you, don't reject yourself. Good luck !

Samara

Postby Samara » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:58 pm

Definitely a shot at P, even without ED. CC are out, but feel free to Hail Mary them if you want. N is also a possibility.

What are your goals, i.e. biglaw or not, practice area, ties, etc.?

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:23 pm

Samara wrote:Definitely a shot at P, even without ED. CC are out, but feel free to Hail Mary them if you want. N is also a possibility.

To the above poster, yeah I got a 177 on the June Test. I think I'd wanna get into litigation and it follows that I'd also want to clerk beforehand. My only ties are NYC. I basically made a huge mistake getting into engineering after spending a ton of time doing debate and various other similar extra curriculars in high school. Probably gonna sit for the patent bar, though I have no interest in ever doing patent prosecution or litigation.

I realized I posted this in the wrong thread, if a mod could move this to the "What are my chances thread?" that would be great.

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Jul 23, 2012 1:28 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
Samara wrote:Definitely a shot at P, even without ED. CC are out, but feel free to Hail Mary them if you want. N is also a possibility.

To the above poster, yeah I got a 177 on the June Test. I think I'd wanna get into litigation and it follows that I'd also want to clerk beforehand. My only ties are NYC. I basically made a huge mistake getting into engineering after spending a ton of time doing debate and various other similar extra curriculars in high school. Probably gonna sit for the patent bar, though I have no interest in ever doing patent prosecution or litigation.

I realized I posted this in the wrong thread, if a mod could move this to the "What are my chances thread?" that would be great.

I'm assuming this means you want to work in NYC. IIRC, NYU and Penn are pretty close for clerking and Penn is closing the gap on biglaw placement. I don't know anything about the patent bar. I would ED to your personal preference of either Penn or NYU. (Maybe Penn is a little cheaper with COL taken into account? Maybe a little easier to get in?) Unless I'm missing something, I think they are fairly even.

PolySuyGuy

Postby PolySuyGuy » Tue Jul 31, 2012 7:55 pm

shot yes

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:03 pm

armedwithamind wrote:

ED to Penn or NYU.

JamMasterJ

Postby JamMasterJ » Tue Jul 31, 2012 8:06 pm

YP at Penn unless you ED. Count on it.

mindarmed

Postby mindarmed » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:43 pm

JamMasterJ wrote:

You really think I'll get YPed as such a hard splitter?

Samara

Postby Samara » Mon Aug 06, 2012 3:59 pm

armedwithamind wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I was waitlisted with almost identical numbers. I can guarantee you it wasn't YP.

HeavenWood

Postby HeavenWood » Sun Aug 12, 2012 10:12 pm

Samara wrote:
armedwithamind wrote:
JamMasterJ wrote:

I was waitlisted with almost identical numbers. I can guarantee you it wasn't YP.

This.

sprocket

Postby sprocket » Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:10 pm

If you can get enough fee waivers, then Hail Mary them all. Go for the gold!!!!! :D

Return to “Choosing a Law School”