Brooklyn vs UNC

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Dr. Review

Re: Brooklyn vs UNC

Postby Dr. Review » Thu Jul 19, 2012 3:46 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:no one else gets boners?

Nah, the troll racial is terrible.

jstr00az

Re: Brooklyn vs UNC

Postby jstr00az » Thu Jul 19, 2012 8:22 pm

Jah'rakal wrote:
jstr00az wrote:UNC... but understand that:

1. UNC is having terrible trouble placing people in jobs. Very very high underemployment rates in the past 3 years.

2. North Carolina has a weak legal market especially given the number of law schools.

3. Do not go to UNC for full price. You will have more than $125k in debt, and I suspect very difficult time finding jobs.

i was under the impression NC is a upcoming state with many legal jobs to come , is it not true? plus UNC places what, 2nd best in the state?

Your impression is very much mistaken. It is an "up-and-coming state" in the sense that Raleigh and Charlotte are growing at a steady clip, although Charlotte took a huge hit with financial mess. But the legal market is terrible, and completely overwhelmed by UNC, Wake Forest, Campbell, North Carolina Central etc. and whatever Duke students stick around in NC. UNC grads are having a terrible time finding real jobs, and UNC's career services are not helpful. UNC now has a program - like many schools - where it apparently is giving students a tiny stipend to work at non-profits etc., which inflates its "full employment" numbers.

You would have to give me a lot of money to go to UNC Law school given the risks. (And I'm a UNC grad.)

Return to “Choosing a Law School”