HELP PLEASE! Advice needed pronto! Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
khiladi2099

New

HELP PLEASE! Advice needed pronto!

Post by khiladi2099 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:39 am

I was a first year student at Hofstra Law, and I did very well so now I am able to transfer to a much better law school. I have currently gotten accepted into Boston University and UCLA, and I'm still waiting on NYU, Columbia, Stanford, and UC Berkeley. The schools I'm waiting on are all top 10 schools, so getting accepted into one of them would make my choice easier.

Currently, however, I've been accepted to both BU and UCLA, and out of the two I don't know which to choose (and I'd rather not make two down payments). If I suppose a worst-case scenario where I don't get into any top 10 schools, my question is which one of these would be better to go to? My goal is to practice law within the entertainment and media fields, ideally working as in-house counsel for a major entertainment company like Warner Brothers or Disney.

If my choices were between BU and UCLA, which one should I choose?? I am having a huge dilemma...both are great schools. According to US News, UCLA is ranked at 15, so it is ranked a few spots higher than BU, which is ranked at 26. However, UCLA supposedly has a great entertainment law program. At the same time, UCLA is not ranked under the Best Schools for Intellectual Property Law list that US News has created, but BU is ranked there at number 6, and I assume that intellectual property law would be my field of study for entertainment law. I really don't know what to do, but I need to make a choice fast. Any advice would be helpful and greatly appreciated. What school would you choose if you were in my current position, and why?

Thanks so much!!!!

cinephile

Gold

Re: HELP PLEASE! Advice needed pronto!

Post by cinephile » Wed Jul 04, 2012 8:46 am

Where would you rather end up? I wouldn't really worry about the speciality rankings.

Redamon1

Bronze

Post by Redamon1 » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:52 am

cinephile wrote:Where would you rather end up? I wouldn't really worry about the speciality rankings.

Teflon_Jeff

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Jeff » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:00 pm

Redamon1 wrote:
cinephile wrote:Where would you rather end up? I wouldn't really worry about the speciality rankings.

Grazzhoppa

Bronze

Post by Grazzhoppa » Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:14 am

Dude I made an account just to give you advice. Take it with a grain of salt though because I am a 0L I´ve just been lurking the forums for a while. Since you want to work in the entertainment industry why is BU even an option? Even though it is extraordinarily difficult to get these kinds of jobs you have infinitely better chances at UCLA. LA is the heart of the industry and you need to be there to network if you want an entertainment job.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

PolySuyGuy

Bronze

Post by PolySuyGuy » Fri Jul 20, 2012 5:57 pm

UCLA. But what did you choose?

CanadianWolf

Diamond

Post by CanadianWolf » Fri Jul 20, 2012 6:00 pm

UCLA if you did not get admitted to any of the top 10 law schools to which you applied as a transfer.

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”