GA State for ATL BigLawl

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
larryjonesjr

GA State for ATL BigLawl

Postby larryjonesjr » Wed Jul 04, 2012 1:48 am

Bros,

Need someone to tell me that attending GA State for free (read: no debt w/ GI Bill and investments) isn't turrible and that I can be one of the snowflakes that gets ATL biglaw. I'm WL at UGA/Emory and have taken the LSAT thrice.

Someone console my TT self.

stratocophic

Re: GA State for ATL BigLawl

Postby stratocophic » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:23 am

larryjonesjr wrote:Bros,

Need someone to tell me that attending GA State for free (read: no debt w/ GI Bill and investments) isn't turrible and that I can be one of the snowflakes that gets ATL biglaw. I'm WL at UGA/Emory and have taken the LSAT thrice.

Someone console my TT self.

~90% chance of

But hey at least it's free

togepi

Postby togepi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 2:58 am

I'd say top 5%

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:03 am

Don't count on biglaw from there at all. If you are counting on biglaw then go to HYS (or risk it at CCN). But UGA for free (you are talking UGA right and not some other GA school?) is a good deal and probably worth it. Even if not big law you can probably get something decent if you do reasonably well imo, and you will have low debt. But enjoy staying in GA after graduating for sure.

togepi

Postby togepi » Wed Jul 04, 2012 9:26 am

Lawquacious wrote:Don't count on biglaw from there at all. If you are counting on biglaw then go to HYS (or risk it at CCN). But UGA for free (you are talking UGA right and not some other GA school?) is a good deal and probably worth it. Even if not big law you can probably get something decent if you do reasonably well imo, and you will have low debt. But enjoy staying in GA after graduating for sure.

He's talking about Georgia State University not UGA

flem

Postby flem » Wed Jul 04, 2012 11:38 am

Top 10% to have a shot. Fight to get into UGA or Emory and don't be fooled by Emory trolls, they're peers for ATL big law hiring.

BruceWayne

Postby BruceWayne » Wed Jul 04, 2012 12:01 pm

People at the tippity top of the class do very well in Atlanta big law. Good luck.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”