Charlotte School of Law-Cant talk wife out of it

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
derisivesubversion

Charlotte School of Law-Cant talk wife out of it

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:29 pm

I realized what a shithole this place was today when I looked at my amex statement online.

I cant talk her into retaking to go somewhere better. She got a 150.

This is what showed up on my cc statement and now I realize what a shithole shes getting into

CHARLOTTE SCHOOL OF LA
Transaction date: 06/23/2012
Card type: American Express
Transaction type: Purchases
Merchant description: OTHER DIRECT MARKETERS (NOT ELSEWHERE CLASSIFIED)
Merchant information CHARLOTTE, NC

Other direct marketers!!! WTF sounds like a telemarketer. What does a real college say when you pay seat deposit?

Surely not direct marketers.

PaulKriske

Re: Charlotte School of Law-Cant talk wife out of it

Postby PaulKriske » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 pm

regardless of billing classifications, that school is a TTT.

did she research the school online at all, aside from its own website?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:31 pm

not bad; relatively original take on a tired meme. would read again.

AreJay711

Postby AreJay711 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:32 pm

Divorce might be you only option.

derisivesubversion

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:34 pm

PaulKriske wrote:regardless of billing classifications, that school is a TTT.

We both visited on admitted students day. Her family lives closeby so she chose this over some better ranked schools.
I think she needs to retake and go to wake, unc or at least campbell. I told her that I took the GMAT twice before I scored well enough to get into UNC. I cant talk her into it. She says it was hard and she is scared she will do worse the second time. The job numbers and bar passage rates look dismal

derisivesubversion

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:35 pm

fatduck wrote:not bad; relatively original take on a tired meme. would read again.

huh?

mattviphky

Postby mattviphky » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:38 pm

many people on this site have retaken, so it really is not a big deal. Did she really study? I would tell her that she owes it to herself to really buckle down and study for a few months.

PaulKriske

Postby PaulKriske » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:39 pm

derisivesubversion wrote:

We both visited on admitted students day. Her family lives closeby so she chose this over some better ranked schools.
I think she needs to retake and go to wake, unc or at least campbell. I told her that I took the GMAT twice before I scored well enough to get into UNC. I cant talk her into it. She says it was hard and she is scared she will do worse the second time. The job numbers and bar passage rates look dismal

well, WSJ numbers say that good ol' charlotte only had 43.3% of its grads employed in a JD-required job 9 months following graduation.

eesh.

derisivesubversion

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:40 pm

PaulKriske wrote:

well, WSJ numbers say that good ol' charlotte only had 43.3% of its grads employed in a JD-required job 9 months following graduation.

eesh.

Sounds to me like an expensive path to a house wife

jdhonest

Postby jdhonest » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:43 pm

Any chance we can talk you out of your wife...?

PaulKriske

Postby PaulKriske » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:44 pm

PaulKriske wrote:

eesh.

get her on TLS.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:46 pm

fatduck wrote:not bad; relatively original take on a tired meme. would read again.

huh?

Basically he is saying you are a flame or basically that you are a regular here and made this up because you were bored and wanted to spin people up.

That said, I will assume you are real and you should send your wife here. You should show her any number of mainstream articles that say LS is a bad idea especially if you are not going to a school that produces JD WITH jobs for at least the majority of their students.

I will take it out of the LS context for a second. I sell my art on the side and getting your work in a gallery is one way to do it. Typically galleries charge 40% commission and are very selective about WHO they take. There are "vanity galleries" popping up all over the place as well though. What they do, is "select you" to hang your art in their gallery and charge from a grand to ten grand a year to do so. These galleries do not make their money by selling art but make their money on telling artists that they do and make the majority of their income FROM the artist that will likely never sell a thing. Almost the same concept as law schools like this one. Hey, pay us LOTS of money and you too have a shot at being a wealthy attorney. Maybe a couple artists, er, I mean graduates make it big from doing this but the other 60 or 99% just get fleeced.

Good luck

JC

derisivesubversion

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:47 pm

get her on TLS.[/quote]

She has an account on here somewhere. Not sure if she has posted

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm

PS, if you do send your wife here erase the housewife comment or you will likely be castrated in your sleep.

PaulKriske

Postby PaulKriske » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:48 pm

JCFindley wrote:PS, if you do send your wife here erase the housewife comment or you will likely be castrated in your sleep.

:lol:

derisivesubversion

Postby derisivesubversion » Tue Jul 03, 2012 5:49 pm

JCFindley wrote:

huh?

Basically he is saying you are a flame or basically that you are a regular here and made this up because you were bored and wanted to spin people up.

That said, I will assume you are real and you should send your wife here. You should show her any number of mainstream articles that say LS is a bad idea especially if you are not going to a school that produces JD WITH jobs for at least the majority of their students.

I will take it out of the LS context for a second. I sell my art on the side and getting your work in a gallery is one way to do it. Typically galleries charge 40% commission and are very selective about WHO they take. There are "vanity galleries" popping up all over the place as well though. What they do, is "select you" to hang your art in their gallery and charge from a grand to ten grand a year to do so. These galleries do not make their money by selling art but make their money on telling artists that they do and make the majority of their income FROM the artist that will likely never sell a thing. Almost the same concept as law schools like this one. Hey, pay us LOTS of money and you too have a shot at being a wealthy attorney. Maybe a couple artists, er, I mean graduates make it big from doing this but the other 60 or 99% just get fleeced.

Good luck

JC

Excellent analogy. I have never met someone who had a law degree and didn't have a job practicing law with the exception of an executive or 2. But then again, I'm not an unemployment counselor or soup kitchen volunteer either.

barneytrouble

Postby barneytrouble » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:47 pm

Retake marriage, ED to UVa.

JCFindley

Postby JCFindley » Tue Jul 03, 2012 6:49 pm

barneytrouble wrote:Retake marriage, ED to UVa.

Best TLS post ever!

TTTehehe

Postby TTTehehe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:03 pm

JCFindley wrote:
barneytrouble wrote:Retake marriage, ED to UVa.

Best TLS post ever!

+1

Edit: :lol:

Lawquacious

Postby Lawquacious » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:08 pm

PaulKriske wrote:regardless of billing classifications, that school is aTTT. TTTTTTTTTTTTTTT

IAFG

Postby IAFG » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:11 pm

ATD

zanda

Postby zanda » Tue Jul 03, 2012 9:18 pm

JCFindley wrote:

huh?

Good luck

JC

Excellent analogy. I have never met someone who had a law degree and didn't have a job practicing law with the exception of an executive or 2. But then again, I'm not an unemployment counselor or soup kitchen volunteer either.

I have unemployed friends at my top-6 school. HTH

horrorbusiness

Postby horrorbusiness » Tue Jul 03, 2012 10:19 pm

PaulKriske wrote:

eesh.

LOL.

androstan

Postby androstan » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:32 am

Show her this:
--LinkRemoved--

--LinkRemoved--

Having 2 babies in those 3 years is probably more expensive in the long run, however.

dresden doll

Postby dresden doll » Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:52 am

If she insists on going, divorce her. No, really.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”