Seattle U vs. DePaul

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Nova » Tue Jul 10, 2012 2:26 pm

OP, if you are still going this fall, I think you should go to DePaul and stay near your family.
Last edited by Nova on Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

User avatar
taxnstuff
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:39 am

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby taxnstuff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:02 pm

this is a dumb thread

User avatar
Teflon_Jeff
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Teflon_Jeff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 3:11 pm

kenji wrote:Look, I said my point several times now. I guess when you have no counterargument, putting words in my mouth and personal comments are the next best thing.

I want to make legal hiring "less elitist", I go to Seattle U, I have a terrible lsat, I go to a horrible school, I want to stand up to the system, I think elitism is a "negative quality".

Now everyone, please continue talking around my argument. I guess it makes it easier to respond.


Already destroyed your argument.

Next song.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby North » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:36 pm

Image

User avatar
Teflon_Jeff
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Teflon_Jeff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:45 pm

Well that's not fair, rebutting his claims via a format he has already admitted to not doing well at...

Also, 9/10, would recommend.

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby North » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:52 pm

9/10 for wasting 45 minutes making that when I should've been studying LR?

I'll take it.

User avatar
Teflon_Jeff
Posts: 121
Joined: Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:43 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Teflon_Jeff » Tue Jul 10, 2012 4:56 pm

North wrote:9/10 for wasting 45 minutes making that when I should've been studying LR?

I'll take it.


Blame the French and Russian judges, they conspired.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby spleenworship » Tue Jul 10, 2012 5:43 pm

North wrote:Image



Very nice.

User avatar
rickgrimes69
Posts: 1107
Joined: Sat Mar 31, 2012 8:56 am

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby rickgrimes69 » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:28 pm

North wrote:Image


Bravo.

User avatar
Bronck
Posts: 2025
Joined: Fri Jan 27, 2012 1:28 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Bronck » Tue Jul 10, 2012 11:42 pm

North wrote:Image


180. And I think the answer is C. :lol:

User avatar
North
Posts: 4041
Joined: Wed Mar 02, 2011 7:09 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby North » Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:40 am

Bronck wrote:180. And I think the answer is C. :lol:
I was thinking D. But, then, if I learned anything from my LR prep yesterday, it's that I kind of suck at LR. So much so that I don't think that even having developed a question myself would give me any sort of advantage in answering it.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Verity » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:23 pm

The answer is D, and that was awesome.

Kenji sucks.

User avatar
westinghouse60
Posts: 392
Joined: Mon Aug 02, 2010 2:27 am

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby westinghouse60 » Tue Jul 31, 2012 4:49 pm

romothesavior wrote:
flem wrote:
romothesavior wrote:I am at a loss for words when I hear this "elitist" label thrown around for nothing other than giving straightforward, honest, and potentially (financial) life-saving advice.


Because we only think people should go to law school if they have a full ride at HYS duh bro

Been here 3 years and I still can't get a non-derpy articulation of why it is elitist to say don't go to a school with bad employment or retake, yet I hear it all the time. We're oh so elitist.

Kenji, et al, I'm still waiting.

OP, don't go to either.


Because boomer ideas about open access to education, being able to hustle and network into a good job etc. This was true in the 1960/70s, when lots of people first started to get a good education cheaply (which isn't the case anymore), instead of higher education consisting mostly of WASP elites at Ivys. Also boomer confusion of hustling their way into a job with getting lucky because the economy was good. I have no idea if Kenji is a boomer or not, but if he isn't, his calling TLS elitists is still probably due to these boomer ideas that got passed down on to our generation. They worked with cheap tuition/booming economy, but not anymore, although most 20 somethings still believe in them. NOTE: this is all 100% speculation TBH.

User avatar
Verity
Posts: 1253
Joined: Sun Jan 30, 2011 11:26 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby Verity » Tue Jul 31, 2012 5:34 pm

Kenji sucks.

Proof: viewtopic.php?f=10&t=190461

User avatar
BarbellDreams
Posts: 2256
Joined: Thu Mar 19, 2009 6:10 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby BarbellDreams » Thu Aug 02, 2012 5:12 pm

North wrote:9/10 for wasting 45 minutes making that when I should've been studying LR?

I'll take it.


I lol'ed.

User avatar
BmoreOrLess
Posts: 2083
Joined: Wed Apr 11, 2012 10:15 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby BmoreOrLess » Fri Aug 03, 2012 10:17 am

BarbellDreams wrote:
North wrote:9/10 for wasting 45 minutes making that when I should've been studying LR?

I'll take it.


I lol'ed.


Thank you for bumping this, the nonsense kenji was spewing gave me some solid lulz for a Friday morning.

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby tigershark » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:12 pm

I won't claim to have any special knowledge about Seattle other than what people already said.

However, I am a native Chicagoan and I can tell you for the love of god, do not go to DePaul. First of all, you'll probably get asbestos just from stepping foot into their miserable law school. It's truly one of the most disgusting and outdated facilities I've seen.

Second, DePaul is known for section stacking so even if you do have money, they'll find a way to make you lose it. Their offers to 1Ls are notoriously large because they know they will be stripping them away come 2L year.

Third, the Chicago market is thoroughly oversaturated. Even if you felt like you MUST attend a Chicago T2, I would choose Loyola or C-K over DePaul because they have better reputations and stronger alumni networks.

Probably above all else, just retake. What's a year off from school vs drowning in debt with a worthless JD from a shitty school?

User avatar
ben2587
Posts: 38
Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 3:14 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby ben2587 » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:43 pm

North wrote:Image


+180 lol

tigershark
Posts: 89
Joined: Tue May 08, 2012 5:01 pm

Re: Seattle U vs. DePaul

Postby tigershark » Fri Aug 03, 2012 2:56 pm

ben2587 wrote:
North wrote:Image


+180 lol


Fantasic.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests