USD, USF, or McGeorge

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Jeb1186
Posts: 2
Joined: Tue May 29, 2012 10:56 am

USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby Jeb1186 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:23 am

I recently got taken off the wait list at USD, USF, and McGeorge. I'll be paying full price for each one of these schools. Whats the best choice?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby Nova » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:24 am

None of the above are worth sticker.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby flem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:25 am

Jeb1186 wrote:Whats the best choice?


Picking a different career path or retaking the LSAT for non-terrible options

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby TTTehehe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:27 am

flem wrote:
Jeb1186 wrote:Whats the best choice?


Picking a different career path or retaking the LSAT for non-terrible options


+1

--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
bass08
Posts: 118
Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2008 12:54 am

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby bass08 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:29 am

Not worth sticker for any of these schools. Of these, USD may be the best, but it's probably not a whole lot better than McGeorge/USF. USF is likely the worst of these.

You should really consider retaking/reapplying so at the very least you can get money from these or other similarly ranked schools.

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby TTTehehe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:33 am

bass08 wrote:Not worth sticker for any of these schools. Of these, USD may be the best, but it's probably not a whole lot better than McGeorge/USF. USF is likely the worst of these.

You should really consider retaking/reapplying so at the very least you can get money from these or other similarly ranked schools.


Only if you do well, and only if you plan on staying in SD. Even then, that's a big gamble and a huge sticker.

USF and McGeorge? No way.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby timbs4339 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 am

Jeb1186 wrote:I recently got taken off the wait list at USD, USF, and McGeorge. I'll be paying full price for each one of these schools. Whats the best choice?


Change "McGeorge" to "McDonalds." A year working there and retaking the LSAT is a better option than any of these schools at sticker.

abc12345675
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby abc12345675 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 am

Neither. Retake or spend 2 years doing charity work and reapply to the several schools in this tier offering full tuition public interest scholarships

User avatar
TTTehehe
Posts: 190
Joined: Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:00 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby TTTehehe » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 am

OP, I know you're likely dead set on attending law school. I don't know you, so I have no idea and no way to 100% accurately say that YOU will not be the ones to go to one of these schools, get top 1%, and get a decent job out the gates.

However, that's very likely what ranking you would need to stand a chance at getting a job that is good enough to pay off sticker at one of these schools. And even that may not be enough. As it stands, there is a 99% chance that you will not be top 1%, and that you will be swimming in six figure debt with no 'feel good' job offer.

Take the advice of the people who commented here. Retake, get some unique WE under your belt, and reapply.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby romothesavior » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:39 pm

None. These are all crap.

JamesChapman23
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:48 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby JamesChapman23 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:28 pm

McGeorge Dominates. I have to disagree with the above posters. Go to MCGEORGE OP.

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby prezidentv8 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:40 pm

--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby romothesavior » Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:51 pm

prezidentv8 wrote:--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--

Image

User avatar
prezidentv8
Posts: 2821
Joined: Mon Dec 29, 2008 5:33 am

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby prezidentv8 » Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:10 pm

<applause>

User avatar
androstan
Posts: 2568
Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 8:07 am

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby androstan » Mon Jul 09, 2012 11:05 am

romothesavior wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--

Image


180.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby splitbrain » Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:06 pm

androstan wrote:
romothesavior wrote:
prezidentv8 wrote:--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--
--LinkRemoved--

[img]fxmSu.jpg[/img]


180.

Can't really nail it any better than that.

OP: Have you thought about taking out six figures of debt and buying stacks of lotto tickets? Would probably work out better.

User avatar
2014
Posts: 5831
Joined: Sat Jun 05, 2010 3:53 pm

Re: USD, USF, or McGeorge

Postby 2014 » Mon Jul 09, 2012 1:36 pm

Roulette or Blackjack is probably a better idea than lottery and are certainly better options than any of those three schools.

Fucking face palm at threads like this.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: dan9257 and 4 guests