Tier3FullTuition with Connections OR Buncha Debt@Tier2

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
flem

Re: Tier3FullTuition with Connections OR Buncha Debt@Tier2

Postby flem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

GLOBAL WARMING IS FLAME

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:35 pm

JD Janitor wrote:I believe that Earth, throughout its history, has seen climate changes. I do not believe that humans are the cause of this change. The climate may be changing now....it may be getting hotter in some areas and it may be getting cooler in others. Maybe everything is heating or everything is cooling. Humans are not the cause. If we assume that the climate is actually changing, whos to say that it isn't returning to a a previous norm that existed hundreds or thousands of years ago? Maybe the climate has been out of wack for the last few centuries and now it is returning to normal? My point is that there is no conclusive evidence that humans are capable of causing any lasting change to the environment.
Some may say that science has come to a concensus that global warming exists (which actually isnt true...scientists largely disagree over this topic) But a consensus on a scientific topic does not make it a scientific fact. Science operates regardless of consensus. The scientific world could come to the consensus that coal helps maintain the climate but just becuase there is a consensus does not make it true. In the same way, just because many believe in global warming does not make it true.

LOL

JUST LOL

Bronck

Postby Bronck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:36 pm

This thread makes my brain hurt

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:38 pm

flem wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:I believe that Earth, throughout its history, has seen climate changes. I do not believe that humans are the cause of this change. The climate may be changing now....it may be getting hotter in some areas and it may be getting cooler in others. Maybe everything is heating or everything is cooling. Humans are not the cause. If we assume that the climate is actually changing, whos to say that it isn't returning to a a previous norm that existed hundreds or thousands of years ago? Maybe the climate has been out of wack for the last few centuries and now it is returning to normal? My point is that there is no conclusive evidence that humans are capable of causing any lasting change to the environment.
Some may say that science has come to a concensus that global warming exists (which actually isnt true...scientists largely disagree over this topic) But a consensus on a scientific topic does not make it a scientific fact. Science operates regardless of consensus. The scientific world could come to the consensus that coal helps maintain the climate but just becuase there is a consensus does not make it true. In the same way, just because many believe in global warming does not make it true.

LOL

JUST LOL

have a good laugh at my expense but what I have said is true. Maybe it doesnt fit into your politically correct view but the fact remains that science has not been able to prove that man made global warming even exists.

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:40 pm

JD Janitor wrote:have a good laugh at my expense but what I have said is true. Maybe it doesnt fit into your politically correct view but the fact remains that science has not been able to prove that man made global warming even exists.

wut

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:42 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:People in general feel that their lives are worthless. Because of this, some individuals search out a cause to make them feel good about themselves. You have chosen to buy into the liberal BS that thinks the world is being destroyed and YOU can save it. By buying into this, you now have a purpose. Oh joy. Nevermind that its all based on emotion rather than fact.

You don't think there is evidence which supports the conclusion that earth is in a warming cycle? Or you don't think there is evidence that the warming cycle is caused by humans? Or you don't think there is anything he can do about it? Be specific about your claim here.

I believe that Earth, throughout its history, has seen climate changes. I do not believe that humans are the cause of this change. The climate may be changing now....it may be getting hotter in some areas and it may be getting cooler in others. Maybe everything is heating or everything is cooling. Humans are not the cause. If we assume that the climate is actually changing, whos to say that it isn't returning to a a previous norm that existed hundreds or thousands of years ago? Maybe the climate has been out of wack for the last few centuries and now it is returning to normal? My point is that there is no conclusive evidence that humans are capable of causing any lasting change to the environment.
Some may say that science has come to a concensus that global warming exists (which actually isnt true...scientists largely disagree over this topic) But a consensus on a scientific topic does not make it a scientific fact. Science operates regardless of consensus. The scientific world could come to the consensus that coal helps maintain the climate but just becuase there is a consensus does not make it true. In the same way, just because many believe humans cause global warming does not make it true.

Just to make sure I understand your stance:

1. There is insufficient evidence to support the idea that there is a warming cycle currently happening;
2. Even if there is a warming cycle, there is insufficient evidence to support it is caused by humans;
3. There is no scientific consensus on global warming;
4. But even if there were, it would be meaningless because scientific consensus gives you no insight into the truth of the matter.

That about sum it up?

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:45 pm

bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:People in general feel that their lives are worthless. Because of this, some individuals search out a cause to make them feel good about themselves. You have chosen to buy into the liberal BS that thinks the world is being destroyed and YOU can save it. By buying into this, you now have a purpose. Oh joy. Nevermind that its all based on emotion rather than fact.

You don't think there is evidence which supports the conclusion that earth is in a warming cycle? Or you don't think there is evidence that the warming cycle is caused by humans? Or you don't think there is anything he can do about it? Be specific about your claim here.

I believe that Earth, throughout its history, has seen climate changes. I do not believe that humans are the cause of this change. The climate may be changing now....it may be getting hotter in some areas and it may be getting cooler in others. Maybe everything is heating or everything is cooling. Humans are not the cause. If we assume that the climate is actually changing, whos to say that it isn't returning to a a previous norm that existed hundreds or thousands of years ago? Maybe the climate has been out of wack for the last few centuries and now it is returning to normal? My point is that there is no conclusive evidence that humans are capable of causing any lasting change to the environment.
Some may say that science has come to a concensus that global warming exists (which actually isnt true...scientists largely disagree over this topic) But a consensus on a scientific topic does not make it a scientific fact. Science operates regardless of consensus. The scientific world could come to the consensus that coal helps maintain the climate but just becuase there is a consensus does not make it true. In the same way, just because many believe humans cause global warming does not make it true.

Just to make sure I understand your stance:

1. There is insufficient evidence to support the idea that there is a warming cycle currently happening;
2. Even if there is a warming cycle, there is insufficient evidence to support it is caused by humans;
3. There is no scientific consensus on global warming;
4. But even if there were, it would be meaningless because scientific consensus gives you no insight into the truth of the matter.

That about sum it up?

I did not say it gives you no insight into the matter and I did not say it is meaningless. You deduced that from my statements.
Last edited by JD Janitor on Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:46 pm

PAGING chup

WE HAVE A BOOMER ON THE LOOSE

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:47 pm

fatduck wrote:PAGING chup

WE HAVE A BOOMER ON THE LOOSE

lol

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:49 pm

JD Janitor wrote:I did not say it gives you no insight into the matter and I did not say it is meaningless. You deduced that from my statements.

So you acknowledge that if a majority of scientists agree that man made global warming is a thing, it may very well be true? Maybe even more likely than not true?

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:50 pm

Where is it getting colder?

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:52 pm

bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:I did not say it gives you no insight into the matter and I did not say it is meaningless. You deduced that from my statements.

So you acknowledge that if a majority of scientists agree that man made global warming is a thing, it may very well be true? Maybe even more likely than not true?

i suspect that consensus is only meaningful when it agrees with his position

Samara

Postby Samara » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 pm

Tom Joad wrote:Where is it getting colder?

I don't know, but here in Chicago it starts getting colder every year in October. It's the craziest thing. Clearly, global warming is a hoax.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:53 pm

fatduck wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

i suspect that consensus is only meaningful when it agrees with his position

Or he vastly overestimates the "dark figure" who won't speak out because of being laughed at or something.

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:55 pm

bjsesq wrote:

No. I do not acknowledge that. "IF a majority of scientists agree THEN it very well may be true"? Scientists agreeing or disagreeing does not affect whether or not humans are actually causing any amount of global warming. However, if I agreed to your statement, then I would agree that scientists and their consensus could affect whether or not man made global warming is occuring.

This goes to my point that just because a consensus is reached does not in and of itself make the conclusion of the consensus true.

I find it interesting that anyone who doubts manmade global warming is immediately labeled as ignorant by the left.

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 2:59 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

No. I do not acknowledge that. "IF a majority of scientists agree THEN it very well may be true"? Scientists agreeing or disagreeing does not affect whether or not humans are actually causing any amount of global warming. However, if I agreed to your statement, then I would agree that scientists and their consensus could affect whether or not man made global warming is occuring.

This goes to my point that just because a consensus is reached does not in and of itself make the conclusion of the consensus true.

I find it interesting that anyone who doubts manmade global warming is immediately labeled as ignorant by the left.

"Then" in this case doesn't = causation . How could you possibly deduce that is what I meant? You're being intentionally obtuse. I've actually tried to be nice and not immediately laugh at you, but this response is clear evidence that you may have Downs Syndrome.

Answer the goddamn question: what would the majority of scientists agreeing that man made global warming exists do to your world view? Anything?

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:03 pm

bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:
bjsesq wrote:

"Then" in this case doesn't = causation . How could you possibly deduce that is what I meant? You're being intentionally obtuse. I've actually tried to be nice and not immediately laugh at you, but this response is clear evidence that you may have Downs Syndrome.

Answer the goddamn question: what would the majority of scientists agreeing that man made global warming exists do to your world view? Anything?

I have a son with Downs Syndrome. I don't find that statement very accepting of people with mental challenges. But it makes sense considering the theme of this thread now. Tear down anyone who disagrees with you or is different in some way than you. Typical elitist.

Edit: I would like to see evidence that humans are causing manmade global warming. If I could see this evidence then I would be open to change my opinion. I am not intentionally denying something that deep inside I feel is true. I am not trying to keep myself misinformed. I am open to changing my view as long as facts are presented.
Last edited by JD Janitor on Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:05 pm

JD Janitor wrote:I have a son with Downs Syndrome. I don't find that statement very accepting of people with mental challenges. But it makes sense considering the theme of this thread now. Tear down anyone who disagrees with you or is different in some way than you. Typical elitist.

typical boomer, always thinking of yourself. my grandmother died in a heat wave caused by global warming, but you don't see me waving that card around when i can't come up with a substantive response to a simple question.

flem

Postby flem » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:06 pm

JD Janitor wrote:I find it interesting that anyone who doubts manmade global warming is immediately labeled as ignorant by the left.

Climate change isn't a partisan issue.

There IS scientific consensus, except for like four dudes who are on big oil's payroll.

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:07 pm

fatduck wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:I have a son with Downs Syndrome. I don't find that statement very accepting of people with mental challenges. But it makes sense considering the theme of this thread now. Tear down anyone who disagrees with you or is different in some way than you. Typical elitist.

typical boomer, always thinking of yourself. my grandmother died in a heat wave caused by global warming, but you don't see me waving that card around when i can't come up with a substantive response to a simple question.

Well you have not offered anything substantive so I guess that is good. Otherwise we would have alot of card waving.

fatduck

Postby fatduck » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:09 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
fatduck wrote:

Well you have not offered anything substantive so I guess that is good. Otherwise we would have alot of card waving.

i'm not the one making absurd statements with no basis in fact or logic. i thought you'd be better at this, wasn't dodgeball a mandatory activity when you were in school?

Tom Joad

Postby Tom Joad » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:10 pm

JD Janitor wrote:Edit: I would like to see evidence that humans are causing manmade global warming. If I could see this evidence then I would be open to change my opinion. I am not intentionally denying something that deep inside I feel is true. I am not trying to keep myself misinformed. I am open to changing my view as long as facts are presented.

Look up how many pounds of CO2 humans pump into the atmosphere per year. The Earth is big but we have been pumping billions of pounds of the stuff into the atmosphere for years and years. It is accepted that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. So if the Earth's temperature is rising rapidly, why wouldn't you suspect this obvious variable isn't to blame?

bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate

Postby bjsesq » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:11 pm

JD Janitor wrote:
fatduck wrote:

And you still haven't answered the fucking question. Let me make it bigger for you so you can stop dodging the goddamn thing:

What would the majority of scientists agreeing that man made global warming exists do to your world view? Anything?

JD Janitor

Postby JD Janitor » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:12 pm

bjsesq wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:
fatduck wrote:

And you still haven't answered the fucking question. Let me make it bigger for you so you can stop dodging the goddamn thing:

What would the majority of scientists agreeing that man made global warming exists do to your world view? Anything?

I edited my response earlier. Read it again.

abc12345675

Postby abc12345675 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 3:13 pm

Tom Joad wrote:
JD Janitor wrote:Edit: I would like to see evidence that humans are causing manmade global warming. If I could see this evidence then I would be open to change my opinion. I am not intentionally denying something that deep inside I feel is true. I am not trying to keep myself misinformed. I am open to changing my view as long as facts are presented.

Look up how many pounds of CO2 humans pump into the atmosphere per year. The Earth is big but we have been pumping billions of pounds of the stuff into the atmosphere for years and years. It is accepted that CO2 is a greenhouse gas. So if the Earth's temperature is rising rapidly, why wouldn't you suspect this obvious variable isn't to blame?

I agree that Global Warming exists, is man made, and is a problem. I just simply couldn't give a rat's ass.

I wish more people like Janitor would just admit that they feel the same way but are hiding behind the "it doesn't exist" excuse so that they don't sound heartless.

Return to “Choosing a Law School”