Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Naples or Orlando?

Ave Maria Naples
12
29%
Barry Law Orlando
30
71%
 
Total votes: 42

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby 20130312 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:57 pm

abc12345675 wrote:Instead of mocking I'll try to help you out.

Both schools are very new, which isn't good. Ave Maria, however, apparently is really struggling financially. Reading between the lines I'd say borderline bankrupt. Plus, less than 50% of students passed the FL bar out of Ave Maria, whereas over 70% at Barry did. Also, Barry has a better faculty ratio.

Bottom line, I'd go Barry. It's a little cheaper, has better bar rates, and has better faculty ratio.


AND INTERNATIONAL SPACE LAW

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby bjsesq » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:57 pm

abc12345675 wrote:Instead of mocking I'll try to help you out.

Both schools are very new, which isn't good. Ave Maria, however, apparently is really struggling financially. Reading between the lines I'd say borderline bankrupt. Plus, less than 50% of students passed the FL bar out of Ave Maria, whereas over 70% at Barry did. Also, Barry has a better faculty ratio.

Bottom line, I'd go Barry. It's a little cheaper, has better bar rates, and has better faculty ratio.


Way to help him. Can you help me out? I've been thinking about shooting myself in the face or genitals. Which should I roll with? I am concerned that my genitals may be too small a target, and I want to make sure I get bang for my buck.

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby flem » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:58 pm

How much do you like Dominos Pizza and Catholicism? If both of those are appealing to you, I recommend Ave Maria.

User avatar
piccolittle
Posts: 1118
Joined: Mon Oct 06, 2008 4:16 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby piccolittle » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:59 pm

OP, you're only 20. Can you defer Barry for a year or two and rack up some valuable non-law work experience (or even work as a paralegal in another firm or your family firm)? The work experience will help with gaining perspective on law school and the workload, if not with employment post-school (which I know you already have lined up). You could also use that time to retake the LSAT and maybe get some scholarship money from Barry, if you choose to go there rather than reapplying.

abc12345675
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby abc12345675 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 4:59 pm

bjsesq wrote:
abc12345675 wrote:Instead of mocking I'll try to help you out.

Both schools are very new, which isn't good. Ave Maria, however, apparently is really struggling financially. Reading between the lines I'd say borderline bankrupt. Plus, less than 50% of students passed the FL bar out of Ave Maria, whereas over 70% at Barry did. Also, Barry has a better faculty ratio.

Bottom line, I'd go Barry. It's a little cheaper, has better bar rates, and has better faculty ratio.


Way to help him. Can you help me out? I've been thinking about shooting myself in the face or genitals. Which should I roll with? I am concerned that my genitals may be too small a target, and I want to make sure I get bang for my buck.


The point is that he has made it abundantly clear he is choosing between these 2. I'm trying to help him realize Barry is the genitals option that gives him a chance at living. Ave would be straight face shot suicide.

User avatar
bjsesq
TLS Poet Laureate
Posts: 13383
Joined: Fri Nov 19, 2010 3:02 am

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby bjsesq » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:03 pm

abc12345675 wrote:
bjsesq wrote:
abc12345675 wrote:Instead of mocking I'll try to help you out.

Both schools are very new, which isn't good. Ave Maria, however, apparently is really struggling financially. Reading between the lines I'd say borderline bankrupt. Plus, less than 50% of students passed the FL bar out of Ave Maria, whereas over 70% at Barry did. Also, Barry has a better faculty ratio.

Bottom line, I'd go Barry. It's a little cheaper, has better bar rates, and has better faculty ratio.


Way to help him. Can you help me out? I've been thinking about shooting myself in the face or genitals. Which should I roll with? I am concerned that my genitals may be too small a target, and I want to make sure I get bang for my buck.


The point is that he has made it abundantly clear he is choosing between these 2. I'm trying to help him realize Barry is the genitals option that gives him a chance at living. Ave would be straight face shot suicide.



:lol: :lol: :lol: Solid response.

User avatar
1776
Posts: 243
Joined: Wed Feb 29, 2012 3:49 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby 1776 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:15 pm

bjsesq wrote:
1776 wrote:
Eblack wrote:
dpk711 wrote:OP, hopefully the fact that no one has voted on either school in your poll, despite the fact that this thread is 16 comments deep is sufficiently indicative of how bad these schools are.


I catch the drift my friend don't worry. If i had other options I would. I still have the prospect of liberty university which seems actually like an honest possibility of acceptance surprisingly enough but wont have the final word until directly prior to my sanity falling off the cliff. So I for obvious reasons, am not counting my eggs on that issue.

As far as the topic heading and the main issue at point. The lack of answers in the poll and nobody saying anything god on either is exactly how I feel about the issue...not liking either but having to deal with one.

Payment comes in the idea that Ill be paying it off, all of it, just not all to a bank or the govt. fortunately which I once again realize what a blessing that is. I have taken a Kaplan course with great results on practice tests, no such luck on my actual LSAT and in no fashion or reasonable possibility would i ever want to take the LSAT again unless majorly necessary, like not getting into a single school. i did fortunately, so never again. I'm just trying to make the best choice out of bad choices either way.

on a side note, besides not having an a single answer I'm very impressed with this forum and the users. thank you for taking the time and giving me your opinions.


? is English your first language?


He's a Prince. He has some funds, which needs your funds, which wil fund him funding you. World keeps on spinnin.


Kiting?

User avatar
BEAST_mode
Posts: 477
Joined: Fri Jan 14, 2011 6:00 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby BEAST_mode » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:28 pm

Eblack wrote:but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.


2-7 Offsuit.

User avatar
PaulKriske
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby PaulKriske » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:29 pm

BEAST_mode wrote:
Eblack wrote:but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.


2-7 Offsuit.


be easy, the flop could come 727.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:31 pm

Cheesy Bread FTW.

timbs4339
Posts: 2733
Joined: Sat Apr 02, 2011 12:19 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby timbs4339 » Mon Jul 02, 2012 5:32 pm

PaulKriske wrote:
BEAST_mode wrote:
Eblack wrote:but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.


2-7 Offsuit.


be easy, the flop could come 727.


More likely 777 with Ave in the mix

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby rad lulz » Mon Jul 02, 2012 6:07 pm

Your real choice should be between Nova or Barry.

PolySuyGuy
Posts: 441
Joined: Wed Feb 08, 2012 11:59 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby PolySuyGuy » Mon Jul 02, 2012 8:37 pm

Eblack wrote:As the title says I have a choice between these two law schools for 2012. Although I realize both are not the most prestigious schools in the world, but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make. I have visited both and both are pretty good looking schools and very similar in size and are tier 4. I am confused as what choice to make as it's not obvious, at least to myself, as one being more beneficial than the other. Naples or Orlando??? I plan on practicing in Florida or Michigan.
Thank you for any ideas as they are very much appreciated.



Barry is my pick. You can probably even get a year pass to Disney World.


--ImageRemoved--

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby splitbrain » Mon Jul 02, 2012 9:05 pm

OP please report back once a year; I'm excited to see how this works out for you. kthx.

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby romothesavior » Mon Jul 02, 2012 11:21 pm

rad lulz wrote:Your real choice should be between Nova or Barry.

Indeed.

OP, it really doesn't matter. Regardless of what you choose, it will likely be the hands down stupidest financial decision you ever make (and with someone else's dough, no less). You really should not do this at all. If you are set on going, don't count on us to help you pick. Just draw from a hat or something. They're both atrocious. Enjoy.

User avatar
jenesaislaw
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby jenesaislaw » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:28 am

Has a job waiting in family law firm, but wants to practice in either FL or MI. Inconsistent...this is a troll inspired by Ave Maria's move.

User avatar
taxnstuff
Posts: 134
Joined: Tue Mar 15, 2011 12:39 am

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby taxnstuff » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:14 am

Seriously this would be worse than spending 200k on a kia sorrento because you needed a car to get around instead of taking the bus for free

User avatar
jenesaislaw
Posts: 996
Joined: Mon May 19, 2008 6:35 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby jenesaislaw » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:56 am

taxnstuff wrote:Seriously this would be worse than spending 200k on a kia sorrento because you needed a car to get around instead of taking the bus for free


Thinking through the idea of somebody letting you borrow 200k on a Kia Sorrento is so laughable...until you realize how well it parallels education loans.

User avatar
noleknight16
Posts: 943
Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:09 am

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby noleknight16 » Tue Jul 03, 2012 12:48 pm

I went to UCF in Orlando for undergrad. Barry is on the worst part of Colonial Dr. You WILL want to kill yourself because of the traffic. Avoid Colonial at all costs.

Then Ave Maria? WTF is that?

Just retake.

User avatar
splitbrain
Posts: 656
Joined: Tue Nov 29, 2011 11:38 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby splitbrain » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:36 pm

jenesaislaw wrote:
taxnstuff wrote:Seriously this would be worse than spending 200k on a kia sorrento because you needed a car to get around instead of taking the bus for free


Thinking through the idea of somebody letting you borrow 200k on a Kia Sorrento is so laughable...until you realize how well it parallels education loans.

Meh at least it would depreciate from fair value over time rather than be worth $0 right out of the gate. Also, it could drive you to the same underpaid jerb you'd be lucky to have with the lawl degree from either of these schools.

Just sayin'.

User avatar
kwais
Posts: 1683
Joined: Tue May 11, 2010 12:28 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby kwais » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:43 pm

Ave Maria for Florida legal market
Barry for Michigan legal market. Barry does well in the Upper Upper Peninsula

User avatar
PaulKriske
Posts: 231
Joined: Sun Jul 01, 2012 1:47 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby PaulKriske » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:45 pm

kwais wrote:Ave Maria for Florida legal market
Barry for Michigan legal market. Barry does well in the Upper Upper Peninsula




i legit lol'd.

User avatar
fanmingrui
Posts: 194
Joined: Sun Mar 06, 2011 3:59 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby fanmingrui » Tue Jul 03, 2012 11:59 pm

This thread is still going?

User avatar
mattviphky
Posts: 1117
Joined: Fri Jan 28, 2011 6:43 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby mattviphky » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:02 am

Eblack wrote:I plan on practicing in my family law firm so I'm not too worried about finding a job in a firm...agreed, the poker game is one easily avoided, but I have to play at a table, call me a gambler. I have to be enrolled in a school this fall, no matter what. I have a family firm to fall back on, luckily. Im just trying to choose the best school to get through my three years. My GPA is 3.6 my LSAT tanked me in availability for acceptance to better schools.


If you have a family firm, then why the desire to practice in Michigan or Florida?

User avatar
Ded Precedent
Posts: 767
Joined: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:26 pm

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Postby Ded Precedent » Wed Jul 04, 2012 3:14 am

Don't be the sucker bro. These schools are robbing you of your time and money and laughing all the way to the bank. I understand that you have a job lined up but for god's sake at least go to a cheap state school or something. You should be rejecting these offers to attend on principle alone.

Please study for a retake and put law school off for one year of your life.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Alexandros, Pulsar, Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests