Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )

Naples or Orlando?

Ave Maria Naples
30%
Barry Law Orlando
70%

Total votes: 44

Eblack

New

Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:01 pm

As the title says I have a choice between these two law schools for 2012. Although I realize both are not the most prestigious schools in the world, but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make. I have visited both and both are pretty good looking schools and very similar in size and are tier 4. I am confused as what choice to make as it's not obvious, at least to myself, as one being more beneficial than the other. Naples or Orlando??? I plan on practicing in Florida or Michigan.
Thank you for any ideas as they are very much appreciated.

zanda

Silver

Re: Ave Maria Naples or Barry Law Orlando

Post by zanda » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:05 pm

Eblack wrote:As the title says I have a choice between these two law schools for 2012. Although I realize both are not the most prestigious schools in the world, but they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.
I realize it's not easy to hear, but the call is to not go to law school. Your chances of finding legal employment would be very small.

PARTY

Bronze

Post by PARTY » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:06 pm

troll.

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Post by Bildungsroman » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm

Eblack wrote:they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.
The cool thing about the law school poker game is that you can fold after getting dealt shit cards before putting any money down.

Verity

Silver

Post by Verity » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:07 pm

It all comes down to where you'd rather be unemployed. At least Florida has beaches.

In all seriousness, you should rethink law school. I know you've probably invested a lot in the process, but you would be making a huge mistake attending either of these schools. It's almost certain you'd be unemployed, or underemployed, after graduating from these schools. Do you have connections (e.g., a parent who's a partner at a law firm and will unconditionally hire you)? What's you're GPA/LSAT?

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:17 pm

I plan on practicing in my family law firm so I'm not too worried about finding a job in a firm...agreed, the poker game is one easily avoided, but I have to play at a table, call me a gambler. I have to be enrolled in a school this fall, no matter what. I have a family firm to fall back on, luckily. Im just trying to choose the best school to get through my three years. My GPA is 3.6 my LSAT tanked me in availability for acceptance to better schools.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Retake

TMC116

Bronze

Post by TMC116 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:21 pm

Eblack wrote:I plan on practicing in my family law firm so I'm not too worried about finding a job in a firm...agreed, the poker game is one easily avoided, but I have to play at a table, call me a gambler. I have to be enrolled in a school this fall, no matter what. I have a family firm to fall back on, luckily. Im just trying to choose the best school to get through my three years. My GPA is 3.6 my LSAT tanked me in availability for acceptance to better schools.
What was your LSAT score? How many times did you take?

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:23 pm

I am blessed to have a job waiting for me. I just have to choose between these two, less than optimal schools. I can do the work no matter what, I just want the best choice possible from two bad options. Sad truths. Took my LSAT twice, #1 140, #2 147...

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:27 pm

Both make me look terrible on paper, no doubt. My practice tests I get 155-160. I cannot wait another year to attend a school as the bill will not be fitted if I do. Waiting is not an option unfortunately.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:35 pm

who's paying for you to go?

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:42 pm

Mr. Pancakes wrote:who's paying for you to go?
Obviously not the schools with the scores I have, we'll leave it at that.

Nova

Platinum

Post by Nova » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:52 pm

Eblack wrote:My practice tests I get 155-160.
Retake

Register now!

Resources to assist law school applicants, students & graduates.

It's still FREE!

top30man

Silver

Post by top30man » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:55 pm

Eblack wrote:
If your parents/whoever else can pay sticker than have them spend 1500 on a valuable prep course.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:58 pm

top30man wrote:
Eblack wrote:
If your parents/whoever else can pay sticker than have them spend 1500 on a valuable prep course.
This is the credited response.

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 10:59 pm

OP, I'm begging you not to go to any of these schools.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:02 pm

These schools are awful choices due to bad job prospect and their high cost of attendance.

Also, the job markets in Michigan and Florida are pure dick.
Last edited by Mr. Pancakes on Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:09 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Get unlimited access to all forums and topics

Register now!

I'm pretty sure I told you it's FREE...

dpk711

Silver

Post by dpk711 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:08 pm

OP, hopefully the fact that no one has voted on either school in your poll, despite the fact that this thread is 16 comments deep is sufficiently indicative of how bad these schools are.

fanmingrui

Bronze

Post by fanmingrui » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Last edited by fanmingrui on Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Ruxin1

Silver

Post by Ruxin1 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:12 pm

Your family can afford to pay for law school but can't afford for you to live at home for an extra year? FUCKING PROLES

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:34 pm

dpk711 wrote:OP, hopefully the fact that no one has voted on either school in your poll, despite the fact that this thread is 16 comments deep is sufficiently indicative of how bad these schools are.
I catch the drift my friend don't worry. If i had other options I would. I still have the prospect of liberty university which seems actually like an honest possibility of acceptance surprisingly enough but wont have the final word until directly prior to my sanity falling off the cliff. So I for obvious reasons, am not counting my eggs on that issue.

As far as the topic heading and the main issue at point. The lack of answers in the poll and nobody saying anything god on either is exactly how I feel about the issue...not liking either but having to deal with one.

Payment comes in the idea that Ill be paying it off, all of it, just not all to a bank or the govt. fortunately which I once again realize what a blessing that is. I have taken a Kaplan course with great results on practice tests, no such luck on my actual LSAT and in no fashion or reasonable possibility would i ever want to take the LSAT again unless majorly necessary, like not getting into a single school. i did fortunately, so never again. I'm just trying to make the best choice out of bad choices either way.

on a side note, besides not having an a single answer I'm very impressed with this forum and the users. thank you for taking the time and giving me your opinions.

Communicate now with those who not only know what a legal education is, but can offer you worthy advice and commentary as you complete the three most educational, yet challenging years of your law related post graduate life.

Register now, it's still FREE!

Eblack

New

Post by Eblack » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:42 pm

Ruxin1 wrote:Your family can afford to pay for law school but can't afford for you to live at home for an extra year? FUCKING PROLES
idle time doesn't work out in my family. when given fortunate circumstances my whole life even summers in college were full time school. im 20 and have had my bachelors for some time now, last may, my idle time is up and law school 2012 is my only option coming from a family of 7 gens of attorneys.

BTW the only thing even remotely cool about ruxin is how good-looking his wife is. props to him

Teflon_Jeff

Bronze

Post by Teflon_Jeff » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:48 pm

Obvious troll. No one graduates that early with that GPA without being able to take a test.

Correct response: Fire. Kill trolls with fire.

Mr. Pancakes

Silver

Post by Mr. Pancakes » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:53 pm

Eblack wrote:
Ruxin1 wrote:Your family can afford to pay for law school but can't afford for you to live at home for an extra year? FUCKING PROLES
idle time doesn't work out in my family. when given fortunate circumstances my whole life even summers in college were full time school. im 20 and have had my bachelors for some time now, last may, my idle time is up and law school 2012 is my only option coming from a family of 7 gens of attorneys.

BTW the only thing even remotely cool about ruxin is how good-looking his wife is. props to him
what the fuck is "idle time"? I have came from many generations of lawyers too. That doesn't mean dick. it's retarded to go to these schools.
Why don't you get your score up so you can come out with full scholarships and debt free. your entire story stinks.

irish1485

Bronze

Post by irish1485 » Sat Jun 30, 2012 11:54 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Eblack wrote:they are the cards I have been handed and I don't know what call to make.
The cool thing about the law school poker game is that you can fold after getting dealt shit cards before putting any money down.

Seriously? What are you waiting for?

Now there's a charge.
Just kidding ... it's still FREE!

Return to “Choosing a Law School”