Pacific McGeorge a good school?

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
ANoor
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 am

Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby ANoor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:19 am

Is McGeorge a good school to go to? Im a CA resident and wouldn't mind staying in the Sacramento. They offered $10k/yr scholly.

Thoughts?

GPA 3.3 LSAT 155 URM (Mexican) 31yrs, Male.

User avatar
cinephile
Posts: 3469
Joined: Sun Jul 18, 2010 3:50 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby cinephile » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:51 am

Not if you want to practice law.

User avatar
Br3v
Posts: 4174
Joined: Mon Jun 13, 2011 7:18 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Br3v » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:54 am

No

User avatar
flem
Posts: 12949
Joined: Mon Oct 10, 2011 6:44 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby flem » Thu Jun 21, 2012 6:57 am

cinephile wrote:Not if you want to practice law.

Br3v wrote:No


These

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby dpk711 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 am

Br3v wrote:No

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:23 am

Retake

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby 20130312 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:28 am

Maybe if it were free. Otherwise, retake.

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby rad lulz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:38 am

I heard they have a hella sick international law program brahs.

User avatar
20130312
Posts: 3842
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:53 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby 20130312 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:40 am

rad lulz wrote:I heard they have a hella sick international law program brahs.


That sounds kinda interesting... but where did USNWR rank their space program?

abc12345675
Posts: 373
Joined: Tue Jun 05, 2012 11:27 am

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby abc12345675 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:51 am

Will you get a good legal education? Honestly, probably. Will others respect this legal education? No

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby dpk711 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:55 am

abc12345675 wrote:Will you get a good legal education? Honestly, probably.

Wait, is there such thing?

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:01 am

abc12345675 wrote:Will you get a good legal education? Honestly, probably. Will others respect this legal education? No


Image

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:05 am

Don't listen to these haters OP. They don't know your circumstances. If you have rich parents who can easily afford to pay for everything and you have a 100% guaranteed job after graduation, then this school is ok

User avatar
brewery33
Posts: 5
Joined: Wed Dec 28, 2011 3:27 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby brewery33 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 1:11 pm

Dude you changed your LSAT score from 160 to 155 for this post. What is the real number? Fuck what people on an online forum say, do what you think is right. All you will get here is go to HSY or don't go to law school.

Don't be a pussy and make your own decision and then make it work for you.

/dripping in irony

User avatar
Nova
Posts: 9116
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2012 8:55 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Nova » Thu Jun 21, 2012 2:28 pm

brewery33 wrote:Fuck what people on an online forum say, do what you think is right. All you will get here is go to HSY or don't go to law school.

Don't be a pussy and make your own decision and then make it work for you.

/dripping in irony


Says the poster attending McGeorge with a 3.5 LSAC GPA and a 152 LSAT. Obviously, TCR for you was also to retake. Also, the bolded is far from true.

User avatar
Ludo!
Posts: 4764
Joined: Wed Nov 09, 2011 1:22 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Ludo! » Thu Jun 21, 2012 4:05 pm

brewery33 wrote:Dude you changed your LSAT score from 160 to 155 for this post. What is the real number? Fuck what people on an online forum say, do what you think is right. All you will get here is go to HSY or don't go to law school.

Don't be a pussy and make your own decision and then make it work for you.

/dripping in irony


Come back next year and let us know if you have a job

ANoor
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 am

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby ANoor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 7:33 pm

Wow, doesn't sound like such a great option. My long term goal is to have my own practice. Short term I'd like to get a decent job out of school and gain some experience. I read McGeorge does well in the sacramento area. Anyone know if that's accurate?

rad lulz
Posts: 9844
Joined: Sun Feb 19, 2012 10:53 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby rad lulz » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:01 pm

ANoor wrote:Wow, doesn't sound like such a great option. My long term goal is to have my own practice. Short term I'd like to get a decent job out of school and gain some experience. I read McGeorge does well in the sacramento area. Anyone know if that's accurate?

It does not. Go look at Law School Transparency. You'd be an idiot to attend McGeorge.

User avatar
spleenworship
Posts: 4421
Joined: Thu Aug 11, 2011 11:08 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby spleenworship » Thu Jun 21, 2012 8:09 pm

ANoor wrote:Wow, doesn't sound like such a great option. My long term goal is to have my own practice. Short term I'd like to get a decent job out of school and gain some experience. I read McGeorge does well in the sacramento area. Anyone know if that's accurate?


If by "well" you mean that not every graduate commits suicide when they can't service their loans, then yes, they do well. By any measure: no.

Seriously, go to another school or find another profession unless you have a guaranteed job post grad and a trust fund to pay if your scholly is dropped.

1Lguy23
Posts: 12
Joined: Thu Jun 21, 2012 5:48 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby 1Lguy23 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:28 pm

it's ranked like 100th, which in the scheme of things isn't horrible. But it's 39k a year plus California living expenses, plus my guess their bar passage rate is pretty bad with the California bar being so challenging.

I don't know about you but I won't pay more than 20k annual tuition for law school with the market being as poor as it is.

User avatar
dpk711
Posts: 1242
Joined: Sat Oct 23, 2010 5:24 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby dpk711 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:31 pm

1Lguy23 wrote:it's ranked like 100th, which in the scheme of things isn't horrible. But it's 39k a year plus California living expenses, plus my guess their bar passage rate is pretty bad with the California bar being so challenging.

I don't know about you but I won't pay more than 20k annual tuition for law school with the market being as poor as it is.

First, generally speaking a school that's ranked like 100 is horrible. Second, I can think of at least 12 schools where I'd pay 20k+ annual tuition even in this market.

indo
Posts: 288
Joined: Fri Oct 21, 2011 3:02 am

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby indo » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:37 pm

InGoodFaith wrote:
rad lulz wrote:I heard they have a hella sick international law program brahs.


That sounds kinda interesting... but where did USNWR rank their space program?



they rank # 2 after Cooley lol

ANoor
Posts: 31
Joined: Mon May 07, 2012 5:10 am

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby ANoor » Thu Jun 21, 2012 9:58 pm

So KU with $10k/yr scholly better than McGeorge with $10k/yr scholly?

User avatar
Ruxin1
Posts: 1284
Joined: Fri Jul 23, 2010 3:12 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby Ruxin1 » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:00 pm

ANoor wrote:So KU with $10k/yr scholly better than McGeorge with $10k/yr scholly?


They both are way too expensive, why are you so against retaking for next cycle?

User avatar
romothesavior
Posts: 14772
Joined: Fri Jun 26, 2009 4:29 pm

Re: Pacific McGeorge a good school?

Postby romothesavior » Thu Jun 21, 2012 10:02 pm

ANoor wrote:So KU with $10k/yr scholly better than McGeorge with $10k/yr scholly?

Would avoid both at those prices, but those schools are very different.




Return to “Choosing a Law School”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest