Texas resident: UT or Cornell? Forum

(Rankings, Profiles, Tuition, Student Life, . . . )
Pokarface

New

Texas resident: UT or Cornell?

Post by Pokarface » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:31 pm

I will graduate next year. I am currently a Texan resident and was planning on applying/attending The University of Texas. I was also considering Cornell University because I have professors that went there and had the best years of their lives in that institution.

However, I was wondering what would be the perks of attending Cornell.
Can I justify the higher tuition rates and costs of living in New York vs attending the University of Texas and pay in-state tuition?

Are there realistically better job prospects for an Ivy league graduate (more specifically Cornell)?
I haven't made up my mind, what if I decide to live in Texas for the rest of my life? Will there be any good reason to leave Texas go to Cornell and then come back?

P.D. let's assume I get accepted in both

Bildungsroman

Platinum

Re: Texas resident: UT or Cornell?

Post by Bildungsroman » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:34 pm

Pokarface wrote:
No. As someone who hasn't even applied to law school yet, you don't get to pose questions based on hypothetical admissions results. Take the LSAT if you haven't already, apply, see finaid results, and then return to this question.

Pokarface

New

Post by Pokarface » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:38 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Pokarface wrote:
No. As someone who hasn't even applied to law school yet, you don't get to pose questions based on hypothetical admissions results. Take the LSAT if you haven't already, apply, see finaid results, and then return to this question.
I am currently taking an LSAT prep course.
Can we mention on the forums LSAT course company names?

Balthy

Silver

Post by Balthy » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Pokarface wrote:

C'mon... Don't most people think about their options for big decisions like this way before they get there? Also, one of the great things about this medium, a forum, is that past dialogues remain available for all who may be in a similar predicament in the future.

dixon02

Bronze

Post by dixon02 » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:44 pm

Bildungsroman wrote:
Pokarface wrote:
And just generally speaking, it sounds like you need to learn a lot more about law school before applying. Going to law school because you had some professors who went there and liked it is about one of the worst reasons I could think of to choose a school. Take the LSAT, do some research, then start thinking about questions like this.

Want to continue reading?

Register now to search topics and post comments!

Absolutely FREE!

Pokarface

New

Post by Pokarface » Thu Jun 14, 2012 6:47 pm

dixon02 wrote:
Bildungsroman wrote:
Pokarface wrote:
And just generally speaking, it sounds like you need to learn a lot more about law school before applying. Going to law school because you had some professors who went there and liked it is about one of the worst reasons I could think of to choose a school. Take the LSAT, do some research, then start thinking about questions like this.
Ok, I admit it. I still have one year to graduate.

Then let's assume that someone got accepted to an Ivy League in a state with high cost of living and he or she is a resident of a state with a very good school (non-Ivy) in which he or she also got accepted. What would you advice that person?

Pokarface

New

Post by Pokarface » Thu Jun 14, 2012 7:05 pm

Found the answer on another thread. A highly qualified student who got accepted to both

http://www.top-law-schools.com/forums/v ... F#p4217328

Want to continue reading?

Register for access!

Did I mention it was FREE ?

Return to “Choosing a Law School”